+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Applied on 27th feb 2020
Received G-number on March 13th

I applied from outside canada through Group of Five. I am curious if overseas applications can be added to expedited cases.
Your lucky I am in Canada and I applied 15th of January and I have not hard from them

Newlife15

Feb 6, 2019
I got my DM on 26 Feb 2020 but no news after that. Waiting for ircc to send me the letter for interview for copr .
Because of covid 19 , they are doing interviews over the phone but still they have to send letter .
Any idea , what happened or will happen?
Thanks

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Now my anxiety getting more worse really. I pray immigration continue our application
yeah at the end of the day, you will get it when you are supposed to get it so don't stress too much we all in the same boat and I understand that we all deal with stress differently but just keep as positive as you can.

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST & GOOD LUCK.

Altamsh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Hi everyone
If any brother can guide me.
I am a Protected person. PR applied in March 2019.
If i Travel outside Canada now to meet my Family and be outside canada for 2 months. (Offcourse not in my home country).
Will this affect my PR application in anyway?
Will it be hard to enter back to Canada in current Pandemic situation?
Need any suggestions.
Thanks

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi everyone
If any brother can guide me.
I am a Protected person. PR applied in March 2019.
If i Travel outside Canada now to meet my Family and be outside canada for 2 months. (Offcourse not in my home country).
Will this affect my PR application in anyway?
Will it be hard to enter back to Canada in current Pandemic situation?
Need any suggestions.
Thanks
No this does not affect your PR.

Yes, you can travel.

Yes, you may have difficulties coming home. so visiting family is classified as non-essential travel.

Travel.gc.ca posted this 1hr ago-----

Reminder: our official global travel advisory is in place until further notice. If you decide to travel despite our advice, you may have difficulty coming home and your insurance may not cover you.

Altamsh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
No this does not affect your PR.

Yes, you can travel.

Yes, you may have difficulties coming home. so visiting family is classified as non-essential travel.

Travel.gc.ca posted this 1hr ago-----

Reminder: our official global travel advisory is in place until further notice. If you decide to travel despite our advice, you may have difficulty coming home and your insurance may not cover you.

Thanks a lot brother.
What will be an essential travel than? As i haven't meet my kids and wife for almost 3 years now.
Can we travel to the country of our own country where we have threats if a relative is very ill.?

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Thanks a lot brother.
What will be an essential travel than? As i haven't meet my kids and wife for almost 3 years now.
Can we travel to the country of our own country where we have threats if a relative is very ill.?
Click Here, and put the country in and read more about it on travel.gc.ca site.

i would just be careful remember there are many Canadian stuck overseas that cannot come home and they are Canadian citizen so you have to remember you ain't one so if it's not necessary then try to hold off, i totally understand not seeing your kids for the year is hard and i do not have kids so i cannot begin to try and understand the feeling, it is not impossible to get back into Canada it will just might be hard to.

and no you should never go home unless you are Canadian citizen

Last edited:
Reactions: TheVoice2020

nassb

Feb 5, 2019
I got my DM on 26 Feb 2020 but no news after that. Waiting for ircc to send me the letter for interview for copr .
Because of covid 19 , they are doing interviews over the phone but still they have to send letter .
Any idea , what happened or will happen?
Thanks
What's your timeline?