+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
I applied at the Mississauga office but referred to Etobicoke for completion. thanks
You must have had a good case worker. I applied on 5th Sep 2019 but still waiting for the decision.

Did you receive the decision via email or GCKEY account? Is it a CoPR or just a decision made notification?

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
You must have had a good case worker. I applied on 5th Sep 2019 but still waiting for the decision.

Did you receive the decision via email or GCKEY account? Is it a CoPR or just a decision made notification?
Do you have overseas family in your application?

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
Today marks the 23rd month for me since I applied for PR and no news yet. Last correspondence was on October 8th. I have been trying to get a hold of an agent for two weeks now but every time I call, they say that they are experiencing a high volume of calls, though I am calling at 8 sharp or a few minutes after. Don't know what's the hell is going on but I am almost certain that it's going to take a lot more time which doesn't make any sense given the fact that nothing is missing, which is good news as they claim every time I call.

Here's my timeline
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 22, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 15, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on June 14, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on October 8, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
No words can explain how I feel now. What boggles my mind is that how come the government is working with reduced number of staff when governments in crisis should work to the maximum capacity? Frustrating.
I am may 2019 so far This is me :

1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 16, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 2, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on October 1, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 18, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required

• Sad
Reactions: Adamdear

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
It was a police clearness certificate. The GCMS notes received in Jan show that the eligibility and security didn't start yet. Only thing going is criminality. That's pretty much it. Not sure if there has been any progress since cause when I called last time the agent didn't mention anything.
Exactly like mine
We may have the same agent.

• Sad
Reactions: Adamdear

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
something weird happened when I received my GSCM note.
I would be grateful if you guys tell me what is going on!!!

I passed Medical on 28 of Jan.
Submitted my Resume on first of Feb.

Now, in my GCSM note, it shows my criminality is still in process and security has not been started yet!!!!

I heard from so many people that we received Medical and resume request after finishing our criminality and it should be the last step!!

what is your opinion now?

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
something weird happened when I received my GSCM note.
I would be grateful if you guys tell me what is going on!!!

I passed Medical on 28 of Jan.
Submitted my Resume on first of Feb.

Now, in my GCSM note, it shows my criminality is still in process and security has not been started yet!!!!

I heard from so many people that we received Medical and resume request after finishing our criminality and it should be the last step!!

what is your opinion now?
Well, I’m end of may 2019. AIP in the begging of December
submitted my CV on December 17th. (Criminally was in process)
Medical December 16
Criminality is done in the beginning of January
Today is Feb 23d and Security has not even started..
So your situation is pretty normal I would say..

Reactions: saidur

Sarah0211

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Yes, you have to do it. it is better for you. you have one year from receiving your COPR.

Are you sure submitting CV is the last step?
Also, some applicants received DM more than two month after submitting their resume... :(
I submitted on the first of Feb. still waiting.
Thank you!
Yes, for my application, submitting my resume was the last step. I am afraid the waiting period is different for everyone...