+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Sharif4386

Oct 24, 2020
Today marks the 23rd month for me since I applied for PR and no news yet. Last correspondence was on October 8th. I have been trying to get a hold of an agent for two weeks now but every time I call, they say that they are experiencing a high volume of calls, though I am calling at 8 sharp or a few minutes after. Don't know what's the hell is going on but I am almost certain that it's going to take a lot more time which doesn't make any sense given the fact that nothing is missing, which is good news as they claim every time I call.

Here's my timeline
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 22, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 15, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on June 14, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on October 8, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
No words can explain how I feel now. What boggles my mind is that how come the government is working with reduced number of staff when governments in crisis should work to the maximum capacity? Frustrating.
Same here, I am Mar 26 2019 applicant, just got AIP in Oct 2020 and asked for my CV. Since then, no news not updates nothing! This is getting extremely tiresome; almost two years now!

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
something weird happened when I received my GSCM note.
I would be grateful if you guys tell me what is going on!!!

I passed Medical on 28 of Jan.
Submitted my Resume on first of Feb.

Now, in my GCSM note, it shows my criminality is still in process and security has not been started yet!!!!

I heard from so many people that we received Medical and resume request after finishing our criminality and it should be the last step!!

what is your opinion now?
Criminality and resume are parts of background check but medical is a part of the eligibility. So usually they start background check after passing the eligibility

Reactions: Yessam07

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hi i am filling form 5669 for spouse( my dependent) what do i need to select for him in first option? The principle applicant or the spouse ??
After your DM.
Your dependent overseas will now be the principal applicant.
This is a different application entirely.
At this point, you are the spouse of the principal applicant...so be careful.

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Same here, I am Mar 26 2019 applicant, just got AIP in Oct 2020 and asked for my CV. Since then, no news not updates nothing! This is getting extremely tiresome; almost two years now!
May I ask you where you are from?
and also what is your highest education?

Why in most case they send DM not more than 60 days, but for you it takes more than 4 month!