+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Any idea if we can just go to a service canada and do it or only online and by mail? I need to make it happen asap and im not sure if they still have the service open in their locations
I went to Service Canada during the Stay-at-home-order and it took me about 30 mins to change it. Very easy, just bring a copy of your CoPR and one government issued ID and that’s it.

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
Today marks the 23rd month for me since I applied for PR and no news yet. Last correspondence was on October 8th. I have been trying to get a hold of an agent for two weeks now but every time I call, they say that they are experiencing a high volume of calls, though I am calling at 8 sharp or a few minutes after. Don't know what's the hell is going on but I am almost certain that it's going to take a lot more time which doesn't make any sense given the fact that nothing is missing, which is good news as they claim every time I call.

Here's my timeline
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 22, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 15, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on June 14, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on October 8, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
No words can explain how I feel now. What boggles my mind is that how come the government is working with reduced number of staff when governments in crisis should work to the maximum capacity? Frustrating.

Jahlove2000

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Today marks the 23rd month for me since I applied for PR and no news yet. Last correspondence was on October 8th. I have been trying to get a hold of an agent for two weeks now but every time I call, they say that they are experiencing a high volume of calls, though I am calling at 8 sharp or a few minutes after. Don't know what's the hell is going on but I am almost certain that it's going to take a lot more time which doesn't make any sense given the fact that nothing is missing, which is good news as they claim every time I call.

Here's my timeline
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 22, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 15, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on June 14, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on October 8, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
No words can explain how I feel now. What boggles my mind is that how come the government is working with reduced number of staff when governments in crisis should work to the maximum capacity? Frustrating.
Hi Adam, be rest assured, you will hear from them very soon. I am guessing that you security is still in ongoing ( it might have been triggered for a comprehensive check due to may be ur country of origin, number of countries visited, or anything on your personal history).
If you don't mind, what document was requested from you on 8th October?

Reactions: Adamdear

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
Hi Adam, be rest assured, you will hear from them very soon. I am guessing that you security is still in ongoing ( it might have been triggered for a comprehensive check due to may be ur country of origin, number of countries visited, or anything on your personal history).
If you don't mind, what document was requested from you on 8th October?
It was a police clearness certificate. The GCMS notes received in Jan show that the eligibility and security didn't start yet. Only thing going is criminality. That's pretty much it. Not sure if there has been any progress since cause when I called last time the agent didn't mention anything.

Reactions: Tamiou

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
I went to Service Canada during the Stay-at-home-order and it took me about 30 mins to change it. Very easy, just bring a copy of your CoPR and one government issued ID and that’s it.
Do we need to inform CRA, banks and employer about the new sim or it is kind of updating itself. What about our previous credit score etc please update what are next steps after new sin number or change number

Reactions: Fadros

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
This is what is most important to me.
So far I can change my SIN and I'm landed and considered a PR holder with the COPR, then I don't think I care how long it will take them to send me the PR card.
Unless for travels, PR card is just an extra Identity that occupy space in your wallet

skinnie22

Feb 23, 2021
I have been following this forum and I just wanted to share my timeline with people still waiting. I wish everyone good luck.
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 10, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 7, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 6, 2020.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 27, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on February 22, 2021 about the decision on your application.
  6. Medical results have been received.

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
I have been following this forum and I just wanted to share my timeline with people still waiting. I wish everyone good luck.
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 10, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 7, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 6, 2020.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 27, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on February 22, 2021 about the decision on your application.
  6. Medical results have been received.
Congratulations. Which office did you apply at?