+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Ikemlaw

May 11, 2020
I submitted my application for permanent residence in Dec 2019. I am yet to get AOR , however my husband who withdrew his refugee claim and applied for PR as a dependant under me was asked to provide his valid international passport, police clearance certificate from home country, and FBI clearance from the USA because he lived there for more than six months. What does this mean?

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I got an AIP in decemer 25th, when do you expect to get DM, how long does it take?
What’s your timeline which date you apply for PR I’m September 2019 application got AIP in December 2020 not update after AIP .

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
I have a question for those who have dependents overseas. When do they ask them to do the medical exam? Is it after AIP or DM or COPR? Thanks

Reactions: saidur

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
I got an AIP in decemer 25th, when do you expect to get DM, how long does it take?
I got aip on december 7th, and dm on feb 16 and copr on feb 17, hopefully you have the same timeline. Did they ask you for anything? Or medical passed? Cause they passed my medical on dec 18 and requested refilled schedule A on dec 21...

Reactions: saidur

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Hi being a protected person if I have travel document but I got US visas on my national passport which are still valid, can we use those visas on travel document? Though those visas are not on travel documents, are those considered cancel? And we need to apply new visas? Or it's transfered from national passport to travel documents. Please guide me

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Cona

Jan 14, 2021
Hi being a protected person if I have travel document but I got US visas on my national passport which are still valid, can we use those visas on travel document? Though those visas are not on travel documents, are those considered cancel? And we need to apply new visas? Or it's transfered from national passport to travel documents. Please guide me
U got ur country passport back?? And when and how ??

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
You should get a new Visa on your Canadian travel document.

Wheh you get back, CBSA officer will check your RTD to see USA entry stamp/dates so they would notice right away that you used your national passport to travel instead of RTD and they might report you to IRB who might attempt to cease your Refugee status (remove it) along with your PR, if you got it already.

Getting a USA visa is a simple process. And most likely you'll get a 10 years multi-entry one.

Reactions: saidur and Mom31

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020

Wheh you get back, CBSA officer will check your RTD to see USA entry stamp/dates so they would notice right away that you used your national passport to travel instead of RTD and they might report you to IRB who might attempt to cease your Refugee status (remove it) along with your PR, if you got it already.

Getting a USA visa is a simple process. And most likely you'll get a 10 years multi-entry one.
Thank you so much for information

Jahlove2000

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
I got aip on december 7th, and dm on feb 16 and copr on feb 17, hopefully you have the same timeline. Did they ask you for anything? Or medical passed? Cause they passed my medical on dec 18 and requested refilled schedule A on dec 21...
A big congratulations to you, Ghess23.
Can you please share you time line on Ecas?
Thank you

Reactions: Mom31

Vmp11

Jan 26, 2021

Just need to say that there is no problem to use your national passport, as long as you do not go to your backhome country

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Just need to say that there is no problem to use your national passport, as long as you do not go to your backhome country
going to your home country, renewing your passport, using your passport for traveling, or contacting your home country'ss embassy is always advised not to do. so you are wrong. all these run the risk of having your protected person status ceased and pr revoked if you have it.