+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Mom31

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hey guys, I got DM yesterday, today i logged in to GCkey and noticed that it was updated to decision made and that they added a section for my COPR, says the doc number, also that the document is valid and says expiry date is 2021/03/21. does that mean they sent it already by mail to me? also why is it expiring so soon? is that enough time to apply and receive the pr card? @Mom31
You will get it in PDF in a day or 2. Mostly people who have short expiry date on copr get their card fast. That’s what I have one serves here and someone has mentioned this earlier in the forum that they also observed that the people who has their copr with short expiry got their or cards earlier. Good luck

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
Hey guys, I got DM yesterday, today i logged in to GCkey and noticed that it was updated to decision made and that they added a section for my COPR, says the doc number, also that the document is valid and says expiry date is 2021/03/21. does that mean they sent it already by mail to me? also why is it expiring so soon? is that enough time to apply and receive the pr card? @Mom31
Do you need to send your photos to them or they will use the one with the application? What's your timeline pls? Is it Erobicoke office?

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Congratulations! Please share your complete timeline so that we know situation of ours

Yessam07

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Congratulations!

Reactions: Ghess23

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Do you need to send your photos to them or they will use the one with the application? What's your timeline pls? Is it Erobicoke office?
I didn't receive any instructions for the photo yet, COPR didnt receive it yet, just saw that the document was made in my GCkey but didnt actually get it yet

Congratulations! Please share your complete timeline so that we know situation of ours
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 10, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 18, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on September 17, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. AOR sent early December but didnt receive till Late December
  6. Medical passed on December 18, 2020 (they extended it, never requested a new one since my refugee claim one)
  7. They requested Schedule A to be refilled on December 21, 2020, sent it via request form and they confirmed receipt of document around a month later
  8. We sent you correspondence on February 16, 2021 about the decision on your application.
  9. Today GCkey and eCAS were updated to DM and also COPR document was added to GCkey with validity and number but didnt receive the actual document yet

I will update once I get COPR.

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
I didn't receive any instructions for the photo yet, COPR didnt receive it yet, just saw that the document was made in my GCkey but didnt actually get it yet

1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 10, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 18, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on September 17, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. AOR sent early December but didnt receive till Late December
  6. Medical passed on December 18, 2020 (they extended it, never requested a new one since my refugee claim one)
  7. They requested Schedule A to be refilled on December 21, 2020, sent it via request form and they confirmed receipt of document around a month later
  8. We sent you correspondence on February 16, 2021 about the decision on your application.
  9. Today GCkey and eCAS were updated to DM and also COPR document was added to GCkey with validity and number but didnt receive the actual document yet

I will update once I get COPR.
Great thank you for sharing your timeline. I am May 29th 2019 waiting AIP on December 12

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
GUYS!!! I just got my COPR. IT IS NOW OFFICIAL. I AM A PERMANENT RESIDENT OF CANADA!!!! After a very long journey of 7 years in total!!! I finally do not have to apply for any work/study permits ever again!!!!!

I received as a new letter in my GCKEY. I will attach some phrases from the document.
And to answer your question, yes they are asking that I submit my photo.

"I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period."

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
GUYS!!! I just got my COPR. IT IS NOW OFFICIAL. I AM A PERMANENT RESIDENT OF CANADA!!!! After a very long journey of 7 years in total!!! I finally do not have to apply for any work/study permits ever again!!!!!

I received as a new letter in my GCKEY. I will attach some phrases from the document.

"I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period."
Congratulations!!!!!

Mom31

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019

Many congratulations. Hopefully we all will be together again in citizenship forum in coming years.

Yessam07

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018

Congratulations

Mahm1984

May 12, 2019
Folks, So I just received this now now.
We are pleased to advice you that the processing of your application has been completed. IRCC office in Etobicoke will contact you regarding finalization of PR application.....bla bla bla
Is that AIP or a DM??
DM . Congratulations