+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

M.Z

Star Member
Dec 23, 2020
Hello,

I wish everybody is doing well.

I received a letter today on my online account, the letter name is approval letter.

" This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The IRCC office in ETOBICOKE will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident application."

does that mean they will send me the ecopr or is there more processing to be done.

My time line is as follows
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 25, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 21, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on August 20, 2019.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on September 11, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on January 28, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Thanks
Congratulations

genyor

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
Yesterday, I have received Email from my MP which sent massage to IRCC asked them for my file something strange in criminally and security

The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on February 8, 2019.
The initial assessment to ensure the application is complete has been finalized on April 16, 2019.
The assessment to determine if the applicant meets the eligibility requirements has been finalized on October 31, 2020.
A letter was sent to the applicant on October 31, 2020, to inform them the application has been approved in principle.
The medical examination results are on file.
The criminality verifications are currently valid.
The security verifications are currently valid

Why criminally and security say valid not passed
Who has experience like this
Thanks

Reactions: Ryan4 and saidur

OCanada1867

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
Yesterday, I have received Email from my MP which sent massage to IRCC asked them for my file something strange in criminally and security

The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on February 8, 2019.
The initial assessment to ensure the application is complete has been finalized on April 16, 2019.
The assessment to determine if the applicant meets the eligibility requirements has been finalized on October 31, 2020.
A letter was sent to the applicant on October 31, 2020, to inform them the application has been approved in principle.
The medical examination results are on file.
The criminality verifications are currently valid.
The security verifications are currently valid

Why criminally and security say valid not passed
Who has experience like this
Thanks
I would assume they are passed. valid is a positive wording.

Altamsh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Today i have recieved an Email that IRCC has recieved my IMM5669 and travel forms which i sent again as per their request.
I sent it on 8th dec and today i got email that they have recieved it. Anyone in the same situation?

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
Hi All below is my timeline, when my application is link online I can see the time bar is 100% and everything else shows in process except the additional documents shows - We received your additional documents "Any idea how long it will take they will finalized )
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 3, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 5, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on September 4, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 5, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required

Rafffff

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
I am a May applicant. I hit the 100% a week ago and yesterday I spoke to my MP office, they told me 24 months is the expected PR processing time and all they can do is enquire about my file

• Sad
Reactions: Ryan4 and M.Z

Samsd

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Hi everyone,
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 21, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 4, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on January 3, 2019.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on January 18, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent you correspondence on June 13, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Still in progress
Is that normal?
anyone same situation?
Thanks

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Hi everyone,
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 4, 2019.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on January 18, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent you correspondence on June 13, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Still in progress
Is that normal?
anyone same situation?
Thanks
No, it's not normal, have you ordered GCMS notes? probably you're stuck in security

Reactions: Ryan4

Amraneka

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
Hi everyone,

Still in progress
Is that normal?
anyone same situation?
Thanks
Don't worry it is normal. Sometimes it take more than 24 months. I am jan 8 , 2019 still waiting.

Reactions: Ryan4