+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
Every case is different also every case officer is different too , so expect every outcome different as well

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Here is my application timeline, single no dependents.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 2, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 9, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on July 8, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received. (did the medical once when I applied for asylum and has been extended twice)
  5. We sent you correspondence on October 28, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. (RCMP fingerprints)
  6. We sent you correspondence on January 4, 2021, about the decision on your application. (DM)

Eligibility and criminality passed on 16 NOV, 2020 no AIP letter.
processing time when I applied was 18 months and the average from the forum users was 12-14 months.
actual time: 21 months due to covid

Last edited:

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 9, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received. (did the medical once when I applied for asylum and has been extended twice)
  5. We sent you correspondence on October 28, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. (RCMP fingerprints)
  6. We sent you correspondence on January 4, 2021, about the decision on your application. (DM)

Congratulations, so what's the current status shows in same page ?

Reactions: saidur

Yessam07

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018

processing time when I applied was 18 months and the average from the forum users was 12-14 months.
actual time: 21 months due to covid
Congratulations. Some people get updates, others don't.

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Yes no AIP letter but of course I got my eligibility and I’ve knew about that through call center agent and GCMS notes.
Okay, the reason I asked is because I didn’t receive AIP letter but I passed eligibility according to the call center. I know that you don’t have to receive AIP before DM but it’s always extra relieving when someone with the same situation gets a positive DM. Very happy for you!

Reactions: Fadros and adbcca

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
Okay, the reason I asked is because I didn’t receive AIP letter but I passed eligibility according to the call center. I know that you don’t have to receive AIP before DM but it’s always extra relieving when someone with the same situation gets a positive DM. Very happy for you!
Hey Ryan , Correct me if I’m wrong but you did also get to know about your positive DM through the call center agents right ? I also got to know that I’ve passed eligibility on the 2nd of December according to the agent and 27th of November according to the GCSM notes lol. I never received any email regarding this.

Reactions: Fadros