+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
I’m March 5, waiting for completion letter or Copr since Nov 2
What is the status of your application when you check it ?

I mean have your status changed to “Decision Made” on November 2nd and until now you’re still waiting for the completion letter!

MMiry

Jul 11, 2020
Dec 2018 application, passed everything on Oct 31st 2020 and no decision until today, thats really stressful Im no longer counting any days towards my citizenship and we are going soon to long holidays

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Dec 2018 application, passed everything on Oct 31st 2020 and no decision until today, thats really stressful Im no longer counting any days towards my citizenship and we are going soon to long holidays
have you ordered GCMS notes recently?

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Thanks , December 21/2018
well congrats again. ^_^. you are the second person on here to receive the portal request and by the looks of it, it doesn't seem to be in any particular order. the other person was a MAY 2019 applicant and you are December 2018. so it's a waiting game I guess.

Reactions: adbcca

Rafffff

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
May 3rd applicant. Called IRCC to follow up on eligibility email that was never sent. I was told that eligibility and medical passed. Criminality in progress and security hasn’t started. Anyone knows how long am I looking at?

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
May 3rd applicant. Called IRCC to follow up on eligibility email that was never sent. I was told that eligibility and medical passed. Criminality in progress and security hasn’t started. Anyone knows how long am I looking at?
So you passed eligibility but they never sent you an email confirmation? You only got to know by phone ?

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
I might be a little late for the subject but I just felt like this might make sense to some and I’m not here to argue.

I saw a lot of talks about the “unfair” system of IRCC and I believe the way they process applications is as follows:

if you notice on the GCMS notes. The application is assigned to an agent and each assessment has a due date.

For example; in my situation, Feb 2019, all my assignments dates were due during the first LOCKDOWN, April 2020. Therefore, when they went back to work and processing applications; they started with application that their due dates haven’t passed yet which makes a lot of sense to me.

It’s like in school when you have 2 assignments, and the first one is “passed due date” and the second one is “not passed due date”. You start doing the second one and you go back to the passed due date assignment to submit it. It’s like a “damage control technique”.

what I’m trying to say is that I believe the only reason why some April, May and June applicants get finalized before Dec, Jan, Feb and March is the unprecedented circumstances caused by Covid that effected our applications the most (Dec, Jan, Feb and march). Of course in addition to the complication in completing background check for some applicants.

It has nothing to do with the “unfairness” or “laziness” of agents. Plus, the average time is 24 months and most of us are freaking out when we haven’t even exceeded the waiting time.

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
I might be a little late for the subject but I just felt like this might make sense to some and I’m not here to argue.

I saw a lot of talks about the “unfair” system of IRCC and I believe the way they process applications is as follows:

if you notice on the GCMS notes. The application is assigned to an agent and each assessment has a due date.

For example; in my situation, Feb 2019, all my assignments dates were due during the first LOCKDOWN, April 2020. Therefore, when they went back to work and processing applications; they started with application that their due dates haven’t passed yet which makes a lot of sense to me.

It’s like in school when you have 2 assignments, and the first one is “passed due date” and the second one is “not passed due date”. You start doing the second one and you go back to the passed due date assignment to submit it. It’s like a “damage control technique”.

what I’m trying to say is that I believe the only reason why some April, May and June applicants get finalized before Dec, Jan, Feb and March is the unprecedented circumstances caused by Covid that effected our applications the most (Dec, Jan, Feb and march). Of course in addition to the complication in completing background check for some applicants.

It has nothing to do with the “unfairness” or “laziness” of agents. Plus, the average time is 24 months and most of us are freaking out when we haven’t even exceeded the waiting time.
I like how this whole process makes detectives of us lol we should be making a movie. Of this whole process @Ryan4 I do agree on your analysis!

• Haha
Reactions: Ratmir and Ryan4

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021

My sentiments exactly.

Reactions: Ryan4 and Fadros