+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Congratulations.I could not get. What kind of letter?
Pre arrival letter. My mother received it and it was strange because she's an INLAND applicant and it doesn't make sense to send an pre arrival letter as she's already in the country. I think its an automatic thing and its a good sign as she received approval letter same day. Good luck.

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Congratulations! May I know what are the steps? I just received AIP and asked for 3 form with basic documents including police clearance what will be next for my wife and child outside Canada ?
After you submit all required forms and police certificates, the VO will ask for biometrics for all dependent over 18 years old, after biometric they will ask for medical test after medical they will ask for passports to be sent to consulate for visa stamps

The timing between every step is vary from case to case and form office to office and country to country .. not less than 1-2 months and might goes to 12 months due to COVID19 in some countries

Good luck for your family

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
After you submit all required forms and police certificates, the VO will ask for biometrics for all dependent over 18 years old, after biometric they will ask for medical test after medical they will ask for passports to be sent to consulate for visa stamps

The timing between every step is vary from case to case and form office to office and country to country .. not less than 1-2 months and might goes to 12 months due to COVID19 in some countries

Good luck for your family
Hey, can you tell me that does the principal applicant of a PR application gets his PR before his dependents if they are in their home country/not in Canada or both will get PR at the same time?

Reactions: PrinceH

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Hey, can you tell me that does the principal applicant of a PR application gets his PR before his dependents if they are in their home country/not in Canada or both will get PR at the same time?
Hello, Yes the in-land principal Applicant gets his PR first before his overseas dependent,

They get their PR on arrival to Canada, but they get the COPR visa at home country to be able to travel to Canada

Good luck to all our families

Reactions: saidur

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Pre arrival letter. My mother received it and it was strange because she's an INLAND applicant and it doesn't make sense to send an pre arrival letter as she's already in the country. I think its an automatic thing and its a good sign as she received approval letter same day. Good luck.
Good how about Corp letter and which province are you located?

Reactions: Fadros and Armaani

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
My friend is End March 2019, he did fingerprint for RCMP on Dec 2019 then he got update as “ Medical Passed on Dec 11 2020”.
Is this good sign ? What expected next step
I was asked to submit my fingerprint for RCMP in October 2020 and submitted it immediately.. Do you think that will prolong my process? I'm May 2019 applicant