+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
My friend had a very similar situation to yours, except that he only received the “approval letter” no AIP.

He received the CoPR after one week of receiving the approval letter. As for the card itself, according to their website it should be mailed to you after 127 days.
was it online or physical mail? so they never contacted him? or the corp being sent is the contact? well my updates were scarce lol. but i have no problem waiting. my claim took 2 years after my original hearing was canceled so i am use to the waiting game. :oops:

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
The website isn't working properly keep getting booted off when trying to open my application so going off close number to my memory.

April 18, 2019- Applied
August 2019- got email about application won't be processed due to it being incomplete and need to redo the page with missing info and send to office within 2 weeks to continue my application to be processed.
September 2019 got email stating confirmation that they received my package in April 19, 2019 (weird i know).
March 2020- Decided to link my application to online account (covid just started stuck in house nothing better to do lmao)
November 22-24- Got the medical passed update and eligibility letter then the approval letter 2 days later.
Bro mad respect to the officer processing your application . Congratulations again and again my friend.

Reactions: Yuki.03

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
was it online or physical mail? so they never contacted him? or the corp being sent is the contact? well my updates were scarce lol. but i have no problem waiting. my claim took 2 years after my original hearing was canceled so i am use to the waiting game. :oops:
Physical mail. He received an email of “approval letter” exactly on November 3rd, and a week later he received the CoPR by email as well. No call nor appointment.

In the CoRP, they asked him to change his SIN number and send a photocopy of the CoRP along with two photos of himself by mail in order to send him the PR Card.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Physical mail. He received an email of “approval letter” exactly on November 3rd, and a week later he received the CoPR by email as well. No call nor appointment.

In the CoRP, they asked him to change his SIN number and send a photocopy of the CoRP along with two photos of himself by mail in order to send him the PR Card.
Whenever i receive it i will update the forum. or on any other updates.

Reactions: adbcca and Ryan4

Weley

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hi guys
I open my account and found message that my application is 20 % take longer to process
And they update my document I sent last October 2019 as they are reviewing my document I sent and also I called them and the agent said that I passed my eligibility from 10 days and still not updated in my account
So is this mean my application will take longer
I’m April 1 2019
Guys any one can help me with answer as I’m very worried

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
do not watch the online account it is not always accurately updated. (as i got email saying i passed eligibilty but it isnt updated on my account and that was like a week ago) just check for emails and mail on your account and if you want contact them. if you doubt something. they will let you know if something is wrong so do not worry

Muiz9

Nov 21, 2020
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. (Eligibility)

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The IRCC office in Etobicoke will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident application. (Approval)
Congratulations man!

Weley

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
do not watch the online account it is not always accurately updated. (as i got email saying i passed eligibilty but it isnt updated on my account and that was like a week ago) just check for emails and mail on your account and if you want contact them. if you doubt something. they will let you know if something is wrong so do not worry
Thanks for your reply when I called them last week they told me that I passed eligibility and still not updated in my account it’s really stressful

Sirius1

Dec 27, 2019
Hello guys, I used "Client Application Status" online service that is published on URL: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do to check the status of my application. Unfortunately, everytime I use it, it gives me an error message saying "We are not able to identify you using the information you provided".
I used all information as shown in my application and tried all possible variances of my name, however, the error message continued the same.
I sent several emails IRCC helpdesk through Webform. one time as Inquiry and other times as "Technical Difficulties" and I always receive no response but off-the-shelf reply.

Any clue how to make the "e-Client Application Status" check fixed and works for me?

Thanks in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply when I called them last week they told me that I passed eligibility and still not updated in my account it’s really stressful
There is definitely a delay between real life and your online profile. Wouldn't worry unless it hasn't been updated within in a few weeks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Many were likely confused because their progress bar said 100% and were calling in concerned that they hadn't heard anything. The progress bar only represents the average process time precovid and is not linked to your case. IRCC is just notifying people to anticipate a delay and not to panic.