+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

OCanada1867

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
all-day i could not log in, right now even, but yours is real update.call them tomorrow check with them
I noticed this " application/profile update" today for the second time, after my eligibility passed last week. First was last week. You think this is real update? i was thinking it might be due to system maintenance.

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Not necessarily, my friend received AIP and he is single and doesn’t have any dependents.
I think that's very rare, I was following the forum for the last two year and I noticed the AIP only when you have dependents

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
hello, I've been following this forum decided to make an account lol :p. So applied mid April 2019.
I got two online emails. one titled eligibility and another approval this weekend. Single, no dependents, in Canada applicant.

Reactions: adbcca and Ryan4

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
I think that's very rare, I was following the forum for the last two year and I noticed the AIP only when you have dependents
I’m not sure if parents are considered dependents; if so, he might have included his parents as dependents on his application.

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
hello, i've been following this forum decided to make an account lol :p. So applied mid April 2019.
I got two online emails. one titled edibility and another approval this weekend. Single, no dependents, in Canada applicant.
Congratulations. Great news!

what did the two emails say, if you can please just copy the first two sentences of each email.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. (Eligibility)

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The IRCC office in Etobicoke will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident application. (Approval)

Reactions: Fadros and Ryan4

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. (Eligibility)

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The IRCC office in Etobicoke will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident application. (Approval)
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing!! Very happy for you. Hope we all get the great news soon.

Reactions: Yuki.03

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
hello, I've been following this forum decided to make an account lol :p. So applied mid April 2019.
I got two online emails. one titled eligibility and another approval this weekend. Single, no dependents, in Canada applicant.
Welcome to the forum, that's good news.

Reactions: Yuki.03

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019

When did you get the eligibility letter? I'm 2 April applicant too

Reactions: Yuki.03 and Armaani

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Thank you all. it is weird that i haven't gotten a decision made update or letter while my application is completed. now i am waiting on them to contact me. my bar is 97%. and the only update is that medical passed and reviewing my additional docs. BTW, do we apply for the card after or they will just send it. my friend said they will send about couple weeks to a month later after i get COPR docs but he did this years ago. lol and now we have covid so might be different.

Reactions: Ryan4 and Armaani

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Thank you all. it is weird that i haven't gotten a decision made update or letter while my application is completed. now i am waiting on them to contact me. my bar is 97%. and the only update is that medical passed and reviewing my additional docs. BTW, do we apply for the card after or they will just send it. my friend said they will send about couple weeks to a month later after i get COPR docs but he did this years ago. lol and now we have covid so might be different.
congrats please share your time line as I am April 01 2019 and this news of you is making my night!!! About pr card I have read that after COPR you will send your COPR with pictures to receive your PR CARD!

Reactions: Yuki.03 and Ryan4

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
My friend had a very similar situation to yours, except that he only received the “approval letter” no AIP.

He received the CoPR after one week of receiving the approval letter. As for the card itself, according to their website it should be mailed to you after 127 days.

Reactions: Armaani

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
congrats please share your time line as I am April 01 2019 and this news of you is making my night!!! About pr card I have read that after COPR you will send your COPR with pictures to receive your PR CARD!
The website isn't working properly keep getting booted off when trying to open my application so going off close number to my memory.

April 18, 2019- Applied
August 2019- got email about application won't be processed due to it being incomplete and need to redo the page with missing info and send to office within 2 weeks to continue my application to be processed.
September 2019 got email stating confirmation that they received my package in April 19, 2019 (weird i know).
March 2020- Decided to link my application to online account (covid just started stuck in house nothing better to do lmao)
November 22-24- Got the medical passed update and eligibility letter then the approval letter 2 days later.