+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
my timeline is:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 18, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 17, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on April 16, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on October 26, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
I just called them, they said I have to be patient and they don’t know how long I will have to wait.

Did you receive AIP before your DM ?
i just only got an approval letter nothing more. yes, hope this week. feeling that pr process never ends, decision wait time, then corp. then card etc. when did you get the approval letter?

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
i just only got an approval letter nothing more. yes, hope this week. feeling that pr process never ends, decision wait time, then corp. then card etc. when did you get the approval letter?
Okay I see, so basically you’re waiting for the CoPR now; right ?

My situation is a bit different, I haven’t received an approval letter yet, they just made the decision, so I’m waiting for the approval letter.

How long did you wait to get the approval letter after your status changed to DM?

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Right not received CoPR.

I got an email checked was approval letter, then checked pr status there was a decision made. it differs from person to person. let see what happens.
so if everything passed they write a decision made? the officer told me that my pr process moved to Etobicoke.
another way I am happy they asked for my dependant's documents. that is all.

Reactions: MIDO2023

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Right not received CoPR.

I got an email checked was approval letter, then checked pr status there was a decision made. it differs from person to person. let see what happens.
so if everything passed they write a decision made? the officer told me that my pr process moved to Etobicoke.
another way I am happy they asked for my dependant's documents. that is all.
if you have a decision made (DM) then I believe your file is done you just need to wait and you will get the COPR from Etobicoke office soon.

Reactions: Ratmir

MIDO2023

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Okay I see, so basically you’re waiting for the CoPR now; right ?

My situation is a bit different, I haven’t received an approval letter yet, they just made the decision, so I’m waiting for the approval letter.

How long did you wait to get the approval letter after your status changed to DM?
@Ryan4 what did you say ??? you received already DECISON &waiting for AIP after ?????
after DM you will get COPR NOT AIP

Reactions: Ryan4

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
@Ryan4 what did you say ??? you received already DECISON &waiting for AIP after ?????
after DM you will get COPR NOT AIP
No, AIP is basically to inform you that you passed eligibility but you still need to pass background check (criminality and security) and/or medical etc...

In my case I think I passed all of them at once or a few days apart so they didn’t need to send me AIP.

I’m waiting for the message that says something like, “your application has been transferred to Etobicoke office, we will contact you soon...” idk what is the name of this message but yeah that’s what I meant when I said “approval letter”.

From what I heard and based on my friends’ experiences, There are two scenarios:

scenario A:
1- AIP
2- DM
3- The message to inform you your application is transferred to the (Etobicoke, Oakville, etc... ) office.
4- CoPR
5- PR Card

scenario B:
1- DM
2- The message to inform you your application is transferred to the (Etobicoke, Oakville, etc... ) office.
3- CoPR
4- PR Card

it’s different for each person but most of the people I know had either scenario A or B.

Reactions: Fadros and MIDO2023

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
if you have a decision made (DM) then I believe your file is done you just need to wait and you will get the COPR from Etobicoke office soon.
thank you. soon all will get what they are waiting. just need to be patient. good luck to everyone.

Weley

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hi guys
I open my account and found message that my application is 20 % take longer to process
And they update my document I sent last October 2019 as they are reviewing my document I sent and also I called them and the agent said that I passed my eligibility from 10 days and still not updated in my account
So is this mean my application will take longer
I’m April 1 2019

Reactions: Armaani

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Hi Guys,

I know that there is something wrong with the IRCC website.
when I tried to login in tonight I noticed that there is my application is showing " application/profile update" but I am not able to access the full status.

is that a real update or its due to the system maintenance ?

OCanada1867

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
Hi Guys,

when I tried to login in tonight I noticed that there is my application is showing " application/profile update" but I am not able to access the full status.

I noticed something similar.

Reactions: Ex ツ

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hi Guys,

all-day i could not log in, right now even, but yours is real update.call them tomorrow check with them

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
No, AIP is basically to inform you that you passed eligibility but you still need to pass background check (criminality and security) and/or medical etc...

In my case I think I passed all of them at once or a few days apart so they didn’t need to send me AIP.

I’m waiting for the message that says something like, “your application has been transferred to Etobicoke office, we will contact you soon...” idk what is the name of this message but yeah that’s what I meant when I said “approval letter”.

From what I heard and based on my friends’ experiences, There are two scenarios:

scenario A:
1- AIP
2- DM
3- The message to inform you your application is transferred to the (Etobicoke, Oakville, etc... ) office.
4- CoPR
5- PR Card

scenario B:
1- DM
2- The message to inform you your application is transferred to the (Etobicoke, Oakville, etc... ) office.
3- CoPR
4- PR Card

it’s different for each person but most of the people I know had either scenario A or B.
AIP if you have dependent in your file