+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

alien25

May 4, 2011
Can you plz share how long does it took for the person you know to get PR after submitting the resume? Also in what stage (timeline) they asked him to submit resume? Today i got the same message from IRCC to submit resume of mine and spouse as well. I'm Feb 2019 applicant inland.
Asifkhan
I am early Jan 2019 inland applicant.
I did receive the request to submit my CV. My eligibility passed last month.
Can you share what is your highest qualification. Also what stage of the application are you at. Thanks

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
PR status changed to Decision made. However CIC letter says that a final decision will be made by IRCC after contacting me.. Is this normal?

Here's the letter :

"Dear XXXX

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The IRCC office in Etobicoke will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident application.

IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents. "

MIDO2023

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Hello every one,
Today we received a letter from IRCC says our application has been completed and the Etobicoke office will contact us to finalize our application " look like a decision has been made".
Inland applicant with family and applied Jan 15, 2019, Thanks for all and I hope to get their PR soon, just patience.
Congratulations brother

Reactions: Halo14

MIDO2023

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
PR status changed to Decision made. However CIC letter says that a final decision will be made by IRCC after contacting me.. Is this normal?

Here's the letter :

"Dear XXXX

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The IRCC office in Etobicoke will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident application.

IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents. "
congratulations bro what's your time line ????

Reactions: Ratmir
Nov 17, 2019
Asifkhan
I am early Jan 2019 inland applicant.
I did receive the request to submit my CV. My eligibility passed last month.
Can you share what is your highest qualification. Also what stage of the application are you at. Thanks
@alien25
Med, eligibility passed last week. Educational Qualification: B.Sc Engg + MBA. Now timeline 100% with a note of unusual longer processing which falls 20% applicant as per them. When you have submitted your CV?

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
I know that this week will be good news. Just opened forum and see 2 decision made.
Happy for you. Congratulations. Those who wait no worry one day ours will come as well. It is matter of time. Be patient. Good luck. Lets see whats happening tomorrow.

Reactions: Ex ツ and Halo14

alien25

May 4, 2011
@alien25
Med, eligibility passed last week. Educational Qualification: B.Sc Engg + MBA. Now timeline 100% with a note of unusual longer processing which falls 20% applicant as per them. When you have submitted your CV?
Thanks for your response brother.
I uploaded my resume on my CIC account on 23rd Oct. My qualification is MBA. This could be something to do with the extra security screening of those with higher education. This could be the last stage of processing. I might be incorrect.
Lets hope for the expedited completion of this rigorous security clearance.
All the best.

Last edited: