+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

OCanada1867

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
In my GCMS Notes, it says Sponsorship- Family Class and Refugee. I don't know why it says Family Class? Is it normal? Me and My family all are protected persons and inside Canada.

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Permanent Residence Timeline

Applied:
January 25th 2019

Review of eligibility
  • September 21, 2020 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • September 21, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • September 21, 2020 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
  • September 25, 2020 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
Alhamdulilah guys! Super duper happy! This forum and everyone on it is the best. I hope you guys hear good news. Can't believe it. Feels unreal. I hope you guys get the same good news very quickly, will keep dropping by!
Alhumdulillah ! Congratulation

• Love
Reactions: Pindimurree

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Hello everyone, Hope you're all doing great
I applied for Permanent Residence (PR) in OCTOBER 2019 as a PROTECTED PERSON and receive Acknowledgement in DECEMBER 2019, since then I didn't receive anything or any update , Today I get a Letter in Email from IRCC stated that " I need to provide RCMP Police Clearance Certificate based on Fingerprints. "
Does anyone have any information about this requirement ?
is it a normal process for everyone ?
What's the process to get this Certificate ?
How long will it take to complete my PR Application after providing this Certificate ?
What are the next remaining steps after this ?

I'll be really grateful for any assistance or guidance from all the respected members who have information about it.
Thank you very much
Regards
It’s normal, after that they may ask for medical