+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
I have observed Ottawa having a faster processing of refugee claims and PRs. Congratulations to your family.
How about yourself? Did you get your approval as you mentioned you are also April 2019, but also from Ottawa?
Thanks
Iam sept 2018 Got Nothing no AIP no DM no medical request the old one i did in 2017 was extended and expired again
and yes Ottawa

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Iam sept 2018 Got Nothing no AIP no DM no medical request the old one i did in 2017 was extended and expired again
and yes Ottawa
Oh wow, but I am not shocked. Each case is different, each case officer is different. But you will get it eventually. Wishing you good luck.

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Hi. If a refugee received social assistance in, does it affect their dependents application?
From my understanding, it won't effect your immediate family members (minor kids and spouses) but it will definitely effect if you will be looking at sponsoring your over 18 kids, parents and siblings.

Reactions: xer012

xer012

Star Member
May 15, 2019
From my understanding, it won't effect your immediate family members (minor kids and spouses) but it will definitely effect if you will be looking at sponsoring your over 18 kids, parents and siblings.
Thank you. Yes that’s what I wanted to know. I know that there are rules related to financial background/and income for family sponsorship but I didn’t know if this applied to refugee dependents who are included in their application. The reason it crossed my mind was that for dependents we are checking the family category on their forms. And by under 18 you really mean under 22 which is the definition of dependent right?

Also good luck with your app. I am right after you in April.

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Thank you. Yes that’s what I wanted to know. I know that there are rules related to financial background/and income for family sponsorship but I didn’t know if this applied to refugee dependents who are included in their application.
No, dependents of refugees (spouses and minor kids) are not included. So your income does not matter for this purpose.

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
and yes Ottawa
[/QUOTE
Did
and yes Ottawa
Did you inquiry about your case ? Or not ? Have you called IRCC OR so you have dependents outside who are overage

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Thank you. Yes that’s what I wanted to know. I know that there are rules related to financial background/and income for family sponsorship but I didn’t know if this applied to refugee dependents who are included in their application. The reason it crossed my mind was that for dependents we are checking the family category on their forms. And by under 18 you really mean under 22 which is the definition of dependent right?

Also good luck with your app. I am right after you in April.
I don't have a kid over 18 that's why I am not very well informed. But I remember now having read somewhere that for Canada the age is 22. So you are right. Some countries (European esp) have the age limit of 18. That's why I mentioned 18 but for Canada it must be 22.

Reactions: xer012

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
I called manytimes , ask for GCMS Notes , C BSA notes CSIS notes etc , web form and last week they said security in process criminality in process