+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
The first one has dependants(wife and children) with him here in Canada
The second one has no dependant

They are all in Ottawa
I am also in Ottawa and have dependent outside of Canada. December 2018 applicant and waiting for anything.

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
The first one has dependants(wife and children) with him here in Canada
The second one has no dependant

They are all in Ottawa
Maybe the process is less lengthy when either no dependent or all in Canada.
Even though, they have not even touched anything for our spouses outside Canada, they are still not considering us important and priority... Or maybe your two brothers were lucky to have an efficient case officer. Trust me, it matters a lot!

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
Another brother of mine just received an approval letter
he is also april 15th 2019 applicant
Plz share their country of origin I am just confused we r march applicant and no updates but they r give pr to april applicants very unfair. But I m very happy for them

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Plz share their country of origin I am just confused we r march applicant and no updates but they r give pr to april applicants very unfair. But I m very happy for them
Yes, I was also thinking they might be prioritizing some countries, which makes sense. Definitely, happy for all those who get their PRs, sooner or later :).

Reactions: maedow

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
This is not how IRCC proceed , it is not on queue ! Not on first come first served
Me am sept 2018 am still waiting with many applicants from 2018 and jan ,feb 2019

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Welcome to the club ;)

December 2018 applicant and happy to see people from April 2019 getting PR.

Alikhan115674

Apr 13, 2020
its take to 1 month to your application start processing after they received
if you send it during covid 19 u should wait more
just in case i will let u know steps for checking ur status
before everything as a senior here lol i should advice u to you should be patient for 2 years normal processing, try to don't contact them because of nothing its useless and its not good for your application there .
and just keep your eyes on your email if they need any more information you send them immediately otherwise just do your job and don't focus on timeline if you do its spend hard for you

click on below link and fill your info and check ur status :
step 1 :
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en
step2: link your app to your cg key login

go to this url
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
sign in with
Option 1: GCKey
if u dont have create one
after your signed in and you click on terms and each time you should answer security answers which u set when u registered your account
you should remember them always , after you signed in you can view all the applications you submitted.
if you can't see your permanent residency application you should add it by finding
Did you apply on paper or don't see your online application in your account? Add (link) your application to your account to access it and check your status online than its easy step by step process you should do your self you will ask for Category (required)Sub-category (required) and
Application details if you enter 1 tiny wrong or mistake information you will get error and system unable to add ur profile , so heads up enter all of your information address email application no as you sent to them in your PR app.

good luck
That’s very informative

Amraneka

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
IRCC asked me for police certificate 2 weeks ago and i got it and submited it last week. Anybody knows how long will it takes they verify my case?