+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Hello everyone, Hope you're all doing great
I applied for Permanent Residence (PR) in OCTOBER 2019 as a PROTECTED PERSON and receive Acknowledgement in DECEMBER 2019, since then I didn't receive anything or any update , Today I get a Letter in Email from IRCC stated that " I need to provide RCMP Police Clearance Certificate based on Fingerprints. "
Does anyone have any information about this requirement ?
is it a normal process for everyone ?
What's the process to get this Certificate ?
How long will it take to complete my PR Application after providing this Certificate ?
What are the next remaining steps after this ?

I'll be really grateful for any assistance or guidance from all the respected members who have information about it.
Thank you very much
Regards

Reactions: saidur

msaleh

Jan 3, 2019
Hi all,

Anyone have an idea of how long it will take to get PR approval after the status shows "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements", last time IRCC asked for a medical test and it been submitted on Aug 10.

Thanks

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi all,

Anyone have an idea of how long it will take to get PR approval after the status shows "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements", last time IRCC asked for a medical test and it been submitted on Aug 10.

Thanks
It may take in between 20 to 24 months get your Confirmation of Permanent Residency. So it all depends on when did you apply and is there any pending background check on your file. In that case you may need to wait 24+ months.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hello everyone, Hope you're all doing great
I applied for Permanent Residence (PR) in OCTOBER 2019 as a PROTECTED PERSON and receive Acknowledgement in DECEMBER 2019, since then I didn't receive anything or any update , Today I get a Letter in Email from IRCC stated that " I need to provide RCMP Police Clearance Certificate based on Fingerprints. "
How long will it take to complete my PR Application after providing this Certificate ?

I'll be really grateful for any assistance or guidance from all the respected members who have information about it.
Thank you very much
Regards
Its just normal process they ask randomly, many people get it, some not.
Yes for some people.
Search in the internet where you can provide fingerprint in your area. or call local police station they might have information for fingerprint, jut mention it for your Immigration purpose or PR. It takes about 10 business days to issue. Sometimes early, mine was issued in 2 days.
No one knows, I am June 2019, still waiting, RCMP submitted on March 2020.

Again no one knows except IRCC. wait for them to contract you.

GOOD LUCK!

Reactions: maedow

msaleh

Jan 3, 2019
It may take in between 20 to 24 months get your Confirmation of Permanent Residency. So it all depends on when did you apply and is there any pending background check on your file. In that case you may need to wait 24+ months.
Thank you for your response, but my assumption is "we are reviewing whether you meet eligibility req" is the last step before the "Decision Made" step, I'm Apr 2019, and IRCC request Police Certification on Jan 2020, then at end of Jul asked for the medical test, I'm not sure if this can give an indication in which stage my application now and how long it will take?

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Hi

I finally received COPR today

I was November, 2018 Applicant. It's finally over now. Already, submitted the forms for overseas dependents and hopefully to re-join with my family soon.

Thank you everyone in here, I wish you all get good news soon. Stay strong, manage your stress levels while in waiting, Work & save money. It's worth it in the end. Believe me. ❤

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
Hi

I was November, 2018 Applicant. It's finally over now. Already, submitted the forms for overseas dependents and hopefully to re-join with my family soon.

Thank you everyone in here, I wish you all get good news soon. Stay strong, manage your stress levels while in waiting, Work & save money. It's worth it in the end. Believe me. ❤
That is awesome news! The wait is over. Congratulations!!!

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Hi

So happy for you, congratulations!!! Please keep us posted about your family members. I really want to know how long it takes for spouses overseas to get their visas. My spouse is in Pakistan, where is your spouse situated pleased?
Thanks

• Love
Reactions: SURVIVAL