+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Till how long is a COPR typically valid?

namanshah80

May 7, 2019
Hi everyone, i just have some inquiry..

i have my copr valid until march next year (btw same date with the expiration of my medicals) and as everyone of you said, its ok to land a month before expiration. now my question is, my ielts is expiring this year, should i retake my ielts or it is no longer necessary as i already have my copr?
Once you get your CoPR, the IELTS is irrelevant. So don't worry about it. It can expire. The date you need to take care of, and you have correctly mentioned in the question, is the date the validity of your medical expires.

Reactions: isreyes

isreyes

Star Member
May 21, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once you get your CoPR, the IELTS is irrelevant. So don't worry about it. It can expire. The date you need to take care of, and you have correctly mentioned in the question, is the date the validity of your medical expires.
yes thanks, one more thing, will there be other problems if i decide to delay my landing? like a month before copr expiration? surely, i need to retake my picture that is currently attached on my docs as it said it should be taken within 6 months. im safe with ielts. aside from that, is there anything i should worry?

sorry for the question. i do wanted to leave as early as possible but due to some reason, i cannot leave until early next year. i want to know what are the consequences that i might be facing if i decide to do so.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
yes thanks, one more thing, will there be other problems if i decide to delay my landing? like a month before copr expiration? surely, i need to retake my picture that is currently attached on my docs as it said it should be taken within 6 months. im safe with ielts. aside from that, is there anything i should worry?

sorry for the question. i do wanted to leave as early as possible but due to some reason, i cannot leave until early next year. i want to know what are the consequences that i might be facing if i decide to do so.
You need to land before CoPR expiration. That's the only rule. You can land one day before it expires.

If your personal circumstances change (you get married/divorced/have a kid etc.) before you land you will need to inform IRCC and then you will need a new CoPR.

Reactions: isreyes

isreyes

Star Member
May 21, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to land before CoPR expiration. That's the only rule. You can land one day before it expires.

If your personal circumstances change (you get married/divorced/have a kid etc.) before you land you will need to inform IRCC and then you will need a new CoPR.
alright then.. thank you very much for the info. it helps alot.. =)

Noor_

Jan 20, 2019
Hi,
First a fall, thanks for taking out time and going through my query and helping me out.
Yesterday I have received my CoPR letter and One Time Entry Visa. I was going through the process one has to do while applying from within Canada.
I know that I have to go to any port of entry and get my CoPR valid by getting it signed by the immigration border services officer. Then I need to apply for my new SIN number and PR card.
Once one applies for a PR card he/she may not travel until PR card arrives.

In my case, I need to travel outside Canada within 15 days and I am pretty sure I won't be getting my PR card delivered within 2 weeks. I have read about applying for a Permanent Entry Temporary document which allows one to enter without a PR card. As my CoPR is valid for another 8 months I would rather complete my process after coming back to Canada as any which ways I am going to travel.

I am not comfortable in actually depending upon a friend to mail me(Fedex me) my card once it gets delivered to his/her address. This means I don't want to leave the country while the process is still incomplete.

The only problem I have is my Sin number/ work permit expires in the next 25 days. If my SIn expires does it affect my bank account- can they null and void it? What about my on-going job? Does that stand null and void too?
Or it's fine if I come back and submit my new SIN number once I am back in Canada and my current belongings remain unaffected?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
First a fall, thanks for taking out time and going through my query and helping me out.
Yesterday I have received my CoPR letter and One Time Entry Visa. I was going through the process one has to do while applying from within Canada.
I know that I have to go to any port of entry and get my CoPR valid by getting it signed by the immigration border services officer. Then I need to apply for my new SIN number and PR card.

In my case, I need to travel outside Canada within 15 days and I am pretty sure I won't be getting my PR card delivered within 2 weeks. I have read about applying for a Permanent Entry Temporary document which allows one to enter without a PR card. As my CoPR is valid for another 8 months I would rather complete my process after coming back to Canada as any which ways I am going to travel.

I am not comfortable in actually depending upon a friend to mail me(Fedex me) my card once it gets delivered to his/her address. This means I don't want to leave the country while the process is still incomplete.

The only problem I have is my Sin number/ work permit expires in the next 25 days. If my SIn expires does it affect my bank account- can they null and void it? What about my on-going job? Does that stand null and void too?
Or it's fine if I come back and submit my new SIN number once I am back in Canada and my current belongings remain unaffected?
Nothing happens if your SIN expires.

Aradhana Adhvaryu

Mar 28, 2018
Hi,

Sorry I do not have knowledge about Work permit thing. In our case, we have applied PR from outside of canada. Once it approved, we landed to Canada. Yes, he travelled outside canada in week after and again return back through land. You can not enter Canada by air if you do not have PR card.

PR card usually took around 2 months to delivered.

azeemmarecan

Aug 23, 2019
Hi,

So did you end up leaving Canada and coming back with single-entry passport stamp?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please a little clarification. Is it the day you did the medicals in the hospital or the day you passed the medicals in your pro
The date you did the medicals at the request of the Canadian immigration, whether you did that in the hospital or private clinic.

Reactions: Litnglam

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
Then the date of your medicals is relevant, as you must land on or before the one year anniversary of your medicals.
My Aor is May 2.But Medical is 25 march.So what will be the expiry of my copr?Will it be medical or the date on which medical got uploaded in my application.As my cic profile will show some other day if medical passed.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My Aor is May 2.But Medical is 25 march.So what will be the expiry of my copr?Will it be medical or the date on which medical got uploaded in my application.As my cic profile will show some other day if medical passed.
A year from the date of the medical. AOR is irrelevant.

Reactions: Wishcan
Jun 13, 2019
I have the same question. I submitted my documents on 27th July 2019. Me and my wife both passed Medical Exam on 15th Aug 2019. As of today(3rd Jan 2020), we have received any information for PR approval, but I am assuming it will come soon as application estimated completion date is 27th Jan 2020.

So my question is once we get our COPR what will be expiry date? will be 15th Aug 2020 as we had passed medical exam year before on that date? If so, then technically we didn't get 1 year cause even though medical exam was passed on 15th Aug 2019, our actual application isn't approved till today 3rd Jan 2020.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have the same question. I submitted my documents on 27th July 2019. Me and my wife both passed Medical Exam on 15th Aug 2019. As of today(3rd Jan 2020), we have received any information for PR approval, but I am assuming it will come soon as application estimated completion date is 27th Jan 2020.

So my question is once we get our COPR what will be expiry date? will be 15th Aug 2020 as we had passed medical exam year before on that date? If so, then technically we didn't get 1 year cause even though medical exam was passed on 15th Aug 2019, our actual application isn't approved till today 3rd Jan 2020.
As already stated, a year from the date of the medical. IRCC doesn't state anywhere that you get a year from the date of approval. Some people get only a few months or less to land.