+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for the people who sent application to CPC-M btwn 20 July to 20 Aug

TripleP

May 28, 2009
Hi tme. Unfortunately, it looks like we are in the same boat. Hopefully we will both get updates soon either on eCAS or in the mail. I'll definitely keep you posted of any updates on my end.

For now, I created a new thread to see if anybody else has suggestions about how long one should wait before contacting CIC. You can find that thread here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-long-is-to-long-t25735.0.html

Heleina

Star Member
Aug 28, 2009
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JKM said:
Any ideas,
Today for first time was able to log E-cas.
My sponsorship app received 19th Aug.
It says 'in process'.
Most people in this forum have had a decision made same day as start of processing.
Does this depict some issues on my application?
Any inputs welcome.
ECAS is not very reliable s0 don't depend on it. The "in process" stated in your ECAS simply shows that they are evaluating your papers already. It will be "decision made" in a few days. Some of the members experienced that also..

since the CIC website indicated that they are evaluating the application received up to August 17, im pretty sure your papers are already included. It happened to me also.

TripleP

May 28, 2009
Hi tme. The other thread I created has been updated. Basically other members have recommended that eCAS is not always that reliable and that different visa offices have different habits when it comes to processing and updating the system. So, it's very well possible that the visa office already has the application but simply hasn't updated eCAS. If you like, you can call CIC in Canada to ask if your application has been sent out to the visa office yet and they should be able to tell you. I may try calling CIC later today to ask them just that.

Alice100

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 08, 2009
Doc's Request.
Sept 2009 and March 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
File Transfer...
Sept 2009
Med's Request
March 28, 2011
Med's Done....
May 4 and May 18, 2011
Passport Req..
March 28 but sent on May 26, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 05, 2011
LANDED..........
July 12, 2011
I guess I would just be watching this thread. Today, I was able to log on E-CAS and when I hyperlinked in IN Process.. my application is being returned to me due to missing information. I called CIC so that I can start looking for the documents, the agent was not able to view the letter but he said that they are sending more forms to complete that are specific to my application. I know that most of you are sponsoring spouses, but I am sponsoring orphaned relatives (niece and nephew). I just checked on the website and I am kind of thinking that may be I had to include the application for permanent residents. I used forms for sponsoring ... other family members. My question is are orphaned relatives (niece and nephew part of the family class... Please somebody clarify. The agent said, I will receive the letter next week, what a waiting. I wanted to start collecting the documents.

Good luck to all of you who have been approved.

OneLuckyCookie

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
@ Alice: Sorry to hear that your application is being returned, but at least you will find out what is missing in a week and then you can send them the additional information. Hopefully it wont be information that is hard to come by. Keeping the fingers crossed! =)

Alice100

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 08, 2009
Doc's Request.
Sept 2009 and March 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
File Transfer...
Sept 2009
Med's Request
March 28, 2011
Med's Done....
May 4 and May 18, 2011
Passport Req..
March 28 but sent on May 26, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 05, 2011
LANDED..........
July 12, 2011
Hi OneCookie:

Thanks for your kind words. Patience is virtue in such circumstances, I am keeping my figures crossed so that it could be something that is easily attainable. The problem is that I have not met anybody in my category to compare and get additional information. It looks like people in my category do not come to the body. The other problem with the government, you would think that they will return the application to you as soon as they get .. for missing information, but here I was counting the days in the figure tips, when I was able to log, my face lit up... and the dissappointment...

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alice, My sponsorship application for my spouse was returned back in June 2009. Then they asked for more documents to prove my residency. This included all billing, utility and other bills. Option C from last 3 years and list of absences etc.
I sent the documents back in about a week and unfortunately had to wait for 3 months for them to even open the set again. My application was returned back on June 12 and it was only approved on Sep 03.

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys how long after you receive the AoR can you login to eCAS and check the status? I recived mu AOR on 14th and am still unable to check the status.

Heleina

Star Member
Aug 28, 2009
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Alice, I am sorry to hear that but you should still look at the silver lining. They are returning your application for you to submit again the missing documents. Don't worry, in my friend's case, they resend the application and took just 3 weeks for him to receive the AOR that he's approved as sponsor.

ecs, what information are you using to log in. Payment receipt number and Kit Id number in the AOR can be used. Be sure to use your details, birthday, place of birth etc..

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heleina,
I tried using my BXXX XXX XXX number to check the status and made sure all the information matched correctly...However it still shows the information I entered is not matching.

Also, if you use the KIT ID then what option would you select?

Thanks in advance.

Heleina

Star Member
Aug 28, 2009
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ecs, I hope you don't mind me asking, are you the sponsor or the applicant?!

The Number that starts with Bxxxxxxxxxxx is the immigration file number.. You need to use the details of the principal applicant (her bday, place of birth and the last name indicated in the application forms)

the client ID kit and the receipt number should be used together with the sponsor's details..

You might have interchange the details of the sponsor and the pricipal applicant..

Please let me know if any of these work...

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heleina,
I am the sponsor but my wife is here with me in canada as well..We just chose to apply outland via Buffalo. So I have both the B number and the Kit number as well.

Now,
1. when I use the B number with my wife's information (B'day, PoB and last name) it still says the information could not be found...

2. If I use my Client number and my personal info, all its says is that the sponsorship has been approved and mail has been sent to me.

3. If I need to use the KIT ID with my information, what option do I select from the dropdown in the "identification number" field. None of them seem to work.

4. If I use the Receipt number with my personal info, it will still show the same info as it would when I use my client number.

5. Additionally, I happened to know my wife's Client ID aswell since the sponsorship application was returned to us when we applied back in May. When I use her Client ID, all it shows is the name of the applicant.

Thanks for your help and your time for answering in advance

Heleina

Star Member
Aug 28, 2009
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What does it says in your sposnorship? Decision made?

How bout your wife's application? Not available?!

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it says a decision has been made and a mail has been sent on Sep 03. That the letter of approval I received with the KitID.

I do not have the wife's application info.