Feb 18, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 19th, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 5th, 2010 recieved Nov 18,2010
Osiris said:
HI JazzyJaz We got news, The VO called my husband to inform him he has the interview on November 17th, we are so nervous about the questions since we going under Conjugal partner category, My partner was denied his Visitor visa last year.
So we are preparing additional proofs of our relationship and I contacted my MP who send a letter last month to enquire the time when the VO will be concluding the application. Hope everything will be okey we are prying ??? BTW on September we did pay the RPRF and 2 weeks a go they send me a letter here in Canada confirming the payment and that they sent the payment information to VO in Guatemala. ??? he are happy but nervous, DO you have any idea about the questions they ask at the interview??? THANKS !!!
I have no idea since are interview was waived. If you search through the threads on this site I know you will find lots of info on interview questions.
Good luck and I hope this all works out for you.

salparadise

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-10
Doc's Request.
16-08-10
AOR Received.
06-08-10
Passport Req..
16-08-10
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-10
Hi Jazzyjazz,

Did anything happen between the time that your passport was requested and the time that the visa was issued? When they requested your passport, did they also request any other items?

Just curious. Congratulations.

Sal

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Osiris said:
HI JazzyJaz We got news, The VO called my husband to inform him he has the interview on November 17th, we are so nervous about the questions since we going under Conjugal partner category, My partner was denied his Visitor visa last year.
So we are preparing additional proofs of our relationship and I contacted my MP who send a letter last month to enquire the time when the VO will be concluding the application. Hope everything will be okey we are prying ??? BTW on September we did pay the RPRF and 2 weeks a go they send me a letter here in Canada confirming the payment and that they sent the payment information to VO in Guatemala. ??? he are happy but nervous, DO you have any idea about the questions they ask at the interview??? THANKS !!!
confusedandscared has an excellent post about interviews. Do a search on the name and see what is written.

Good luck.

JazzyJaz

Jun 8, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2009
File Transfer...
Feb 18, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 19th, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
salparadise said:
Hi Jazzyjazz,

Did anything happen between the time that your passport was requested and the time that the visa was issued? When they requested your passport, did they also request any other items?

Just curious. Congratulations.

Sal
Hi Sal,

When my husbands passport was requested they also requested all of our original documents (Marriage,divorce and birth certificates). Everything happened fairley quickley (within weeks) once they recieved all of our documents. Now we are just waiting for it to arrive in the mail but unfortunatley they send all of their mail to the Nicaraguan Canadian consulate in Managua once a month on the 20th.

How long ago did you send your passport?

Osiris

Sep 12, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2010.
IELTS Request
ROPRF requested to pay Sep 7 2010.
File Transfer...
Letter RPRF Payment processed.
Med's Done....
April 15 2010
Interview........
November 22th, 2010 Approved
Passport Req..
Sep 12 2010
VISA ISSUED...
January 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
January 19th,2011 happy happy happy
angelbrat said:
oppps the nic is confusednscared.....sorry
Thanks a lot angelbrat, I check out his profile already and is very useful, is better to be prepare for many questions even sometimes they dont ask all of them, hope everything is going to b al right, we are prying ???, it had been a long way to get to this point, but is one of most important,The interview.

salparadise

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-10
Doc's Request.
16-08-10
AOR Received.
06-08-10
Passport Req..
16-08-10
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-10
JazzyJaz,

We sent my wife's passport at the beginning of October. We hand-delivered it to the embassy. I think now we just wait. Haha. That is the name of the game. How did they notify you of the visa? Email? Regular mail? I think if it is possible we will go directly to the embassy to pick up the visa if and when it is ready. We are close enough to travel there and it would save a lot of time I think.

Thanks for your information so far. It is nice to hear others' experiences.

Sal.

JazzyJaz

Jun 8, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2009
File Transfer...
Feb 18, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 19th, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
My Husband finally has his Visa in hand will be joining me in Canada on Tuesday Nov 23rd. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!

Good luck to all of you!

javiernica

Star Member
Jul 1, 2008
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
Doc's Request.
17-02-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
25-06-2010
Passport Req..
17-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2011
LANDED..........
15-06-2011
Wow!!! That is so great. I hope ours goes that quickly. Congrats.
JazzyJaz said:
My Husband finally has his Visa in hand will be joining me in Canada on Tuesday Nov 23rd. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!

Good luck to all of you!

salparadise

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-10
Doc's Request.
16-08-10
AOR Received.
06-08-10
Passport Req..
16-08-10
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-10
My wife has received her visa. Arrival date is unknown at this time, but we are approved and finished after a very surprising 4 1/2 months.

JazzyJaz

Jun 8, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2009
File Transfer...
Feb 18, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 19th, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
salparadise said:
My wife has received her visa. Arrival date is unknown at this time, but we are approved and finished after a very surprising 4 1/2 months.

Congrats!!! Its a great feeling to actually have your visa in hand. WOW 4 1/2 months...whats your secret???? ;)

J

jdwhite21

Sa
salparadise said:
What is your secret? Wow, congratulations. My husbands application will be going through the Guatemala office and I can only hope he can get approved that fast... My husband was denied inland PR when I sponsored him, if we couldn't prove that it was a genuine relationship the first time, what more can we do now? Personally, I just think we got a terrible IO, how are the IO's in Guatemala? What is the average processing times for Guatemala? my husband and I are already dreading the fact that he won't be here for the birth of our 2nd child... We really just want to be together as soon as possible.

Thanks for any input,
Jess.

salparadise

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-10
Doc's Request.
16-08-10
AOR Received.
06-08-10
Passport Req..
16-08-10
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-10
Hi,

I have no idea why our application went so quickly. Any little contributing factor could have helped us just as any little thing could have hindered us. I really don't know. It was the first time that we applied for permanent residence for my wife and it was a success. We have no children, no dependents and I think we made a very good case. I agree with you when you ask how can you prove your relationship anymore than you already did... and I know it is frustrating, but maybe you can do something. Who knows.

I know that 30% of cases are finished within 7 months in Guatemala. But it could take much longer. I get the feeling that it takes longer if there are some complications. I have no idea what they consider complications, but I would think having children might make the process a little bit longer. I really have no idea, though.

Let me say now that I owe much to PMM for answering many questions. It is great to have someone like him/her in the absence of much help from the embassies. Not to drown PMM any more, but if you have questions, he or she is a great source.

Previously, before we were married, my wife and I had tried to get her a visitor's visa unsuccessfully. Would it have helped that we were already in the system? Would that have made it go any faster? I have no idea. I really know nothing. I worked really hard on our package... not overdoing it too much, but making it very clear with evidence of photos and emails and telephone calls that we were indeed a genuine couple. Perhaps the package made it easier for the IO.

Osiris

Sep 12, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2010.
IELTS Request
ROPRF requested to pay Sep 7 2010.
File Transfer...
Letter RPRF Payment processed.
Med's Done....
April 15 2010
Interview........
November 22th, 2010 Approved
Passport Req..
Sep 12 2010
VISA ISSUED...
January 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
January 19th,2011 happy happy happy
Hi !today it was the interview! we are approved! my partner have to answer many questions, about how we met, details about me( my age, my address here in Canada, where I was born, How I immigrate to Canada) and how we met each other, when and where.
After 35 minutes of interview the visa Officer said to my partner that she didn't see any problem with the application and that he have to be on alert with the mail because they will send the passport with the visa soon.
I feel so happy :D and tired :-\ hehe, all this process it was making me crazy.
!thanks for all the useful advices here...
good look for everybody.!