CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
June 2015 got them redone Police Certificate: Sent with application OWP: Sent with application
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
Hey Cantico,

Did they ask for the passport specifically, I got an email from them requesting a prepaid air way bill but nothing else.
We are confused. Any insight?

Thanks!

Cantico said:
Hello Everyone

I'm brand new to this site. Unfortunately, I just found it a few days ago and I've read all the posts from the start of this thread. I can see that we are not the only people that have experienced incredible frustration with the Visa process. I know everybody's case is a little different, but maybe you can share some of your wisdom with us.

I'll give you a little background on us. I am a Canadian Citizen and my Wife is Costa Rican. We were dating for 6 years before we got married in March of 2011. Before, we applied for a Temporary Visa so that she could go to Canada for a visit. We applied 3 times over the 6 years that we were dating. All three times were rejected. She's had a Visitor's Visa to the States for 12 years - but that didn't seem to matter to the Visa Office. I contacted my MP and wrote letters but to no avail. I was told (by immigration "experts") that the only way for her to get accepted was to apply for permanent residency once we were married. That's what we did.

I filled out the forms and submitted all of the required evidence and documents (including the medical exam). I paid the fee in full. Here is a summary of what has transpired since:

July 7th, 2011. The Immigration office in Mississauga got the file.
Sept 16, 2011. Received an acceptance letter for being a sponsor. The file was being forwarded to Guatemala.
Sept 28th, 2011. Recieved an Acknowledgment of Reception e-mail from Guatemala.
Oct 3rd, 2011. Received a Request for her Original Passport and prepaid airway bill - nothing else.
Oct 4th, 2011. Sent it away to Guatemala by DHL.

They requested no other information or documents other than the passport and an airway bill. At the time when we recieved the AOR letter, they suggested that a wait time would be 12-18 months. It has only been one week since the time they sent the AOR to the time they requested the passport. All that I have read on this thread seems to suggest that the request of her passport means that a decision will be made relatively soon (I hope). The note on eCAS about her application status is "application received".

But, we're worried. This seems too fast. Maybe they will hold her passport for a long time (months and months) like I have seen with others here. Could it be that we may receive another quick rejection? If it's not a rejection, does anybody have an idea of how long they will keep her passport? Is there another reason why Guatemala may have requested her passport?

Any help would be appreciated.

A

AmiMarin

Our rep told us that we only had to send a prepaid envelope from dhl with passports....what's an airway bill???

darcycook

Jun 2, 2012
hey guys

does anyone know the average wait time for a Family Class - spousal application

i Was just reading someones reply and they said a few weeks but the Canadian Embassy says

25 Months!!!! (april 23 accoridng to their site)

Thats a big difference, can anyone give me some recent examples of how long its taking??

darcycook

Jun 2, 2012
In fact the Canadian Embassy site has Guatemala as the Longest Time (only one other place is 26 months past it)

Is this really correct guys??

ferd2000hn

Feb 10, 2009
To Darcycook:

I have been tracking the Guatemala Office statistics and for Family Class (Spouses, Children, Partners) there has been a backlog of about 550-600 for the past 2 years, with a throughput (approvals + rejections + withdrawals) of about 50 per month, meaning that an application should only take more than 11-12 months on exception, so I also consider the 25 months reported a bit too high.

I would be optimistic and expect your application process to take a about a year. However I would be very careful about the information submitted as the rejection rate really shot up on the first quarter of 2012, from a 12% rejection rate from 2006 to 2011 to a 51% rejection rate in the first quarter of 2012. That's more than four times the rejection rates. Make sure you dot all i's and cross all t's...

darcycook

Jun 2, 2012
Awesome thanks for your help! :)

yup we are slowly getting all the emails, pictures, cards, etc before we start to show its a genuine relationship

Probably will start january next year so maybe it will be even better processing time then! :D

Mez007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
AOR Received.
20-02-2012
File Transfer...
20-04-2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2012
Well I wish I could campare my Timeline with someone Else here that is using Guatemala Office.
I sent an email to confim if they have receive the File, the Auto Relply said I will get an an answer in 28 business Days But till today no reply .

I wish To get a sign Soon From Guatmala.

margrey

Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2011
Doc's Request.
e-mail 26-05-2011, sent doc 07-06-2011
AOR Received.
15-04-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2011
Med's Done....
15-01-2011
Passport Req..
E-mail 26-05-2011, sent pastport on 07-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 07, 2011, PP to pick it up on July 19, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 16, 2011
Muchacha I sent you a email (but in Spanish) about how to traslate your documents in Nicaragua, good luck.

muchacha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala.. now Mexico?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
16-12-2012
File Transfer...
19-09-2012
Thanks Margrey! I saw that... I messaged you back with one more question!

Also - I will add my sadness and disbelief that the processing time has been changed from 18 to 25 months. :(

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Hello Darcycook, according to the site is right that they are taking 25 months ( and yes I looked before when it was only 12 months according to this same site )
Check it here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

Good luck

[/quote]

mateo

Jul 23, 2012
i recieved a letter on june 8,2012 saying that i have been approved for sponsorship and has been forwarded to guatemala for further processing,its now july 23 and still haven´t recieved any confirmation from guatemala regarding my application,if they have recieved or not,is this normal,what can i do

Mez007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
AOR Received.
20-02-2012
File Transfer...
20-04-2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2012
mateo said:
i recieved a letter on june 8,2012 saying that i have been approved for sponsorship and has been forwarded to guatemala for further processing,its now july 23 and still haven´t recieved any confirmation from guatemala regarding my application,if they have recieved or not,is this normal,what can i do
We are in the Same Boat , My file was sent to Guatemala in April, Still no news

mateo

Jul 23, 2012
iam a canadian citizen and my son was born in central america,will this speed up my wife´s sponsorship or delay

jcasanova

Mar 9, 2012
Hey Guys, I need to know if some can tell me whats the phone number for the Guatemala office... long story short I was asked for my passport back in May, but I still hadn't heard any news so my wife conted our MP and he said that there was a letter that I did not received back in May as well asking some questions... I want to call them to see if they can resent the letter or fax it or something... if anyone has it can you please pass it over...

Thanks.

jcasanova

Mar 9, 2012
mateo said:
You can check the status of your application here: https: //services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas (aprently I can't post links??) but they dont really update it that often, atlest you will see they received the documents... Good Luck