+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

MissDW

May 5, 2016
Just another quick update!

In ECAs the PA "in process" is now showing as of August 30th.

Thanks SchnookoLoly for keeping this all up to date for everyone!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Updated! :) You are very welcome, thanks for sharing your info! It's the only way the spreadsheet has any value! :)

Domident

Aug 29, 2016
Hello, thanks for all the valuable info..
can you add my husband to the spreadsheet?
application received: May 15th 2016
sponsorship approval: July 18th. 2016
papers sent to Ottawa, no news yet
He is in London UK at the moment, but wants to move end of October. Assuming we don't hear anything, do I have to notify CIC of his change of address? When should he ship his stuff? anything else we need to consider?
thanks very much. I am in Toronto BTW.

GMcK

Sep 4, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am about to apply to sponsor my Scottish common law partner and we have a few questions before we submit the application.
A bit about us: He is dual British/Dutch and I am dual Canadian/British. We met when we were both students in the Netherlands 6 years ago and now both live and work in Glasgow. We'd like to move to Canada in spring 2017 to do a bit of travelling around the country before we settle down in Ontario.

It seems like the best way to do this is for me to sponsor him, although he's under 30 still so I'm not sure if it would be possible to apply for the youth working holiday visa and then sponsor when we are in Canada. We're only considering this because we want to be there in the spring and I'm worried the application process here will take too long. So first question:

1) Could we start the sponsorship application process here, and if it takes longer than we hope, is there any problem with us going to Canada earlier while the application is still pending? He would go in on a tourist visa and would not work while we're travelling. Would he have a problem at the boarder to Canada if they see there is an application pending and he has a 1 way ticket? Could he go in and out of the states to renew his tourist visa while we wait?

2) I see on the Sponsorship Evaluation form that I have to put my current work info down, including contact info and supervisor name. Will CIC contact my employers? Ideally I wouldn't tell my employer until a month or two before we plan to leave as I don't want to lose my job or risk my relationship with the company. Does anyone have experience of this?

3) If I leave my job here before the application is approved, is there a risk that they might reject it because I do not have a consistent income? Is there a chance that this might be an issue, for example if we have to go for an interview?

I read on this thread that you started a spreadsheet with application times, but I'm not sure where to find it. I'm hoping that the application won't take the full 14 months quoted by CIC!

I really appreciate any advice anyone can give. Thank you!!

Duffy

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
05-03-2016
File Transfer...
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 18-11-2015
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 19/10/16
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
Domident said:
He is in London UK at the moment, but wants to move end of October. Assuming we don't hear anything, do I have to notify CIC of his change of address? When should he ship his stuff? anything else we need to consider?
He can't actually move until he gets COPR but he can come as a visitor providing he can prove dual intent (that he's intending to leave at the end of his visitor stay and has enough ties to England) and, I believe, he is not allowed to move any belongings until COPR either.

GMcK

Sep 4, 2016
Moving belongings might be a problem, or could that just go under my name? We will likely do this by container ship - with the exception of our dog!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Domident said:
Thank you for your information. Spreadsheet updated. When did he have his medical?

Duffy

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
05-03-2016
File Transfer...
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 18-11-2015
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 19/10/16
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
GMcK said:
Moving belongings might be a problem, or could that just go under my name? We will likely do this by container ship - with the exception of our dog!
You have to list all the items you're shipping... I'd be cautious with sending it under your name... It's a lot more complicated than sending belongings. There are FAQ pages on the spreadsheets I'd check out before sending anything - also checking out the container ship company FAQ as well. Good luck!

s.and.s

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Guys, is it no longer possible to send attachments with a Case Specific Enquiry? I could have sworn there was an option before but I can't seem to find it anymore on the CSE webpage.

If it's not possible, then is there another way; an email address perhaps to reach the London office?

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
s.and.s said:
Guys, is it no longer possible to send attachments with a Case Specific Enquiry? I could have sworn there was an option before but I can't seem to find it anymore on the CSE webpage.

If it's not possible, then is there another way; an email address perhaps to reach the London office?
it's still there. at the bottom of the CSE page you'll see the following: After you click "Next", you will have the opportunity to upload your document(s).

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Domident said:
Thanks
medical were done upfront on March 30th 2016
Cheers - spreadsheet updated

sambeat4

Aug 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-12-2016
Our file now says that my partner's permanent residence application status is "in process"! is this PA "In process" on ECAS? It has been like that since Friday (September 2nd).

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
sambeat4 said:
Our file now says that my partner's permanent residence application status is "in process"! is this PA "In process" on ECAS? It has been like that since Friday (September 2nd).
Yep - I would say so. Spreadsheet updated, thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
GMcK said:
1) Could we start the sponsorship application process here, and if it takes longer than we hope, is there any problem with us going to Canada earlier while the application is still pending? He would go in on a tourist visa and would not work while we're travelling. Would he have a problem at the boarder to Canada if they see there is an application pending and he has a 1 way ticket? Could he go in and out of the states to renew his tourist visa while we wait?

2) Will CIC contact my employers?

3) If I leave my job here before the application is approved, is there a risk that they might reject it because I do not have a consistent income? Is there a chance that this might be an issue, for example if we have to go for an interview?
Hi

1. Yes, you can start the sponsorship process there and come to Canada while it is processing. He should have no problems at the border; he should have proof of funds and it's a good idea to have a fully refundable one-way ticket back for him, just in case CBSA asks for one. It is not recommended to go to the US and return to reset his status; if his PR app still isn't approved when his visitor status is expiring, he needs to apply online to extend his stay.

2. No.

3. No risk and you don't need to tell them. You won't have an interview.