+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

kmclintock

Jul 11, 2016
Really random question but I just logged onto my CIC and it now say 'decision made' under the sponsorship status where as before it used to say 'in process' does this mean that maybe the London office has started to look at our file? or am i just reading into it to much aha! Thanks :)

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
kmclintock said:
Really random question but I just logged onto my CIC and it now say 'decision made' under the sponsorship status where as before it used to say 'in process' does this mean that maybe the London office has started to look at our file? or am i just reading into it to much aha! Thanks :)
Sorry - misunderstood. Perhaps they are just tidying up the sponsor status??

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
kmclintock said:
Maybe! Just seemed so random since nothing has changed since April... got all excited for a minute!
Given where you are in 'the queue', I would also interpret it as 'someone is starting to seriously look at it now'

Fingers crossed for you. It will be good to see some movement in the London queue on the spreadsheet!!!

Shayreef

Apr 16, 2013
Hello,

I just had a quick question and was hoping someone could assist me.

My wife has her permanent residence card and we just recently relocated from Alberta to Ontario. Are we required to notify CIC of our address Change after she has already received her Permanent Residence card? I cannot seem to find any indication on the CIC website other then changing your address while your application is in process.

I appreciate your assistance. Thank you.

Shayreef

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Shayreef said:
Hello,

I just had a quick question and was hoping someone could assist me.

My wife has her permanent residence card and we just recently relocated from Alberta to Ontario. Are we required to notify CIC of our address Change after she has already received her Permanent Residence card? I cannot seem to find any indication on the CIC website other then changing your address while your application is in process.

I appreciate your assistance. Thank you.

Shayreef
Nope, once you have the card you are all set. :)

Ch1982

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
Doc's Request.
none so far
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
File Transfer...
13-09-2016
Med's Done....
04-04-2016
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
copy requested 20-01-17
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
hopefully soon!
Hi Folks, I wondered if my details could be added to the spreadsheet. My wife (a Canadian citizen) and I are doing an outland spousal sponsorship. I am a British citizen, currently visiting my wife in Ontario, she moved here in April from Scotland. We have been married 4 years and have no children. Our application has been sent to CPC-Ottawa. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing? Can anyone shed any light on this? We have paid all the fees upfront, my medical has been submitted along with a police record check from the UK and my photographs. I see on the spreadsheet that some of the Ottawa applications get processed really quickly, like a matter of days.... Is there any reason for this?

Details of our application are below.

Application filed on August 5th
We didn't received an AOR
SA received September 2nd
File transferred to Ottawa

Thanks

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
Ch1982 said:
Hi Folks, I wondered if my details could be added to the spreadsheet. My wife (a Canadian citizen) and I are doing an outland spousal sponsorship. I am a British citizen, currently visiting my wife in Ontario, she moved here in April from Scotland. We have been married 4 years and have no children. Our application has been sent to CPC-Ottawa. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing? Can anyone shed any light on this? We have paid all the fees upfront, my medical has been submitted along with a police record check from the UK and my photographs. I see on the spreadsheet that some of the Ottawa applications get processed really quickly, like a matter of days.... Is there any reason for this?

Thanks
Yours sounds like a pretty straight forward case then. although I'm in HK because I have a British Passport it was handled through Ottawa. It took about 5 weeks for my wife to be approved as a sponsor then from there about 2 months for me to be approved and get my COPR.

Honestly, I had no idea what was going on, I never got notification of my process going to different stages until i got an email at the end saying I'd get my COPR from the Consulate in HK. Even when I tried to link my application online it never worked. I just let it run it's course and low and behold it got approved way quicker than I thought it would.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Ch1982 said:

Thanks
I have added your details to the spreadsheet. Please keep us updated either here or via PM's.

I think you should consider it lucky to have had the papers sent to Ottawa for applicant assessment. As you can see from the spreadsheet, Ottawa normally processes in the same number of weeks as London takes in months! I speak as someone who has their paper in London!

Ch1982

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
Doc's Request.
none so far
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
File Transfer...
13-09-2016
Med's Done....
04-04-2016
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
copy requested 20-01-17
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
hopefully soon!
COPRQuestion said:
Yours sounds like a pretty straight forward case then. although I'm in HK because I have a British Passport it was handled through Ottawa. It took about 5 weeks for my wife to be approved as a sponsor then from there about 2 months for me to be approved and get my COPR.

Honestly, I had no idea what was going on, I never got notification of my process going to different stages until i got an email at the end saying I'd get my COPR from the Consulate in HK. Even when I tried to link my application online it never worked. I just let it run it's course and low and behold it got approved way quicker than I thought it would.
Thanks for your response. I was able to log in online once we got the sponsor approval letter. That's the first bit of information we got back from them. Rightly or wrongly we hired an immigration lawyer to help put our application together. Our reason behind that was so that we would hopefully submit a complete and acurate application right from the beginning, I hired them before i stumbled upon this forum and having read things on here we could probably have saved ourselves a few quid and done it ourselves. Hindsight and all that.... Anyway, here's hoping they move things along quite quickly.

Ch1982

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
Doc's Request.
none so far
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
File Transfer...
13-09-2016
Med's Done....
04-04-2016
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
copy requested 20-01-17
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
hopefully soon!
Hurlabrick said:
I have added your details to the spreadsheet. Please keep us updated either here or via PM's.

I think you should consider it lucky to have had the papers sent to Ottawa for applicant assessment. As you can see from the spreadsheet, Ottawa normally processes in the same number of weeks as London takes in months! I speak as someone who has their paper in London!
Yes, was glad to read that our papers had been sent to Ottawa. I feel for those waiting for theirs being processed in London. Thanks for adding the info to the spreadsheet, will try and keep you up to date as things progress.

toeknee

Jan 20, 2016
Toronto (Outland from Huddersfield UK)
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
File Transfer...
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2016
LANDED..........
03-11-2016
kmclintock said:
The same has happened on my ECAS account too. It had been 'in process' and to be honest after reading other posts I expected it to stay that way throughout the entire process even after 'decision made' would appear in the permanent residence application status column.

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
Sorry for the rookie question but what is the spreadsheet for?

Seems like I was quite lucky that even though I have a British passport I've gone through Ottawa/Hong Kong rather than London

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
Hurlabrick said:
Given where you are in 'the queue', I would also interpret it as 'someone is starting to seriously look at it now'

Fingers crossed for you. It will be good to see some movement in the London queue on the spreadsheet!!!
london currently doesn't seem to have gotten any further than applications submitted in november 2015.

i myself am a december 2015 applicant and also haven't heard anything as of yet. i got my GCMS notes about a week ago (generated in the first week of august) which indicated that they still had not begun reviewing my wife's PR app. kind of odd considering how they were making it rain with COPRs not too long ago by finalizing apps within 7-8 month time frames.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
COPRQuestion said:
Sorry for the rookie question but what is the spreadsheet for?

Seems like I was quite lucky that even though I have a British passport I've gone through Ottawa/Hong Kong rather than London
So anyone can see actual timelines of other applications. stage by stage as they are processed through either London or Ottawa and calculate actual and recent averages etc.

CIC seem to be using Ottawa increasingly as an alternative to London, presumably to 'balance the load' and / or take some of the pressure off of London.