+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Duffy said:
The above refers to our question of whether or not linking our account to MyCIC would create problems :/ it's because when you link your account to MyCIC you no longer get communication via mail and it apparently all goes to the email address you use to link MyCIC... So technically, CIC cannot contact us via our rep if we link our account.
It is entirely possible that linking to MyCIC might supersede the Use of Representative form.

Honestly, I would do it anyways because it will give you more peace of mind to be able to see what is going on in MyCIC. And if it does supersede the use of a rep, it would also give you more control over the app, as IRCC could contact you directly with anything instead of through the lawyers.

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
canuck_in_uk said:
I missed the "per item" in your post. Yes, there are some different rules for items that are valued at more than $10 000 each. May I ask what items you have that are valued at more than $10 000?
Just and FYI and anyone else who is doing a 'soft landing', I spoke to the CBSA and they said it is fine for me to 'land' from an immigration point of view but from a customs perspective I can come in as a visitor. When I finally move (hopefully some point next year) then I can enter from a customs perspective and all my goods except wine, tobacco etc which is the same allowance.

My only sadness is that I haven't been organised enough to sort out my wine collection and unless I pay a huge amount of tax it will need to stay in the UK in bond.

ryli77

Sep 9, 2016
SchnookoLoly, can I be added to the spreadsheet please?

Received at CPCM on 1 DEC 2015
Sponsor approval on 5 FEB 2016
Processing office is LONDON
Medical done on 15 NOV 2015
Location is Manchester, UK, and we are married

I've been lurking for a while now looking at the London outland spreadsheet and I'm really starting to get worried. The spreadsheet says the average is 9.66 months based on the past DMs, yet we've passed 9 months and we just got an update from our local MP telling us that there isn't any progress on our file, i.e. that they haven't even started working on it yet. Did something happen at CIC that I'm not aware of? Budget cuts maybe? They've been helping to deal with the Islamabad backlog since 2013 so that can't be the reason.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
COPRQuestion said:
Just and FYI and anyone else who is doing a 'soft landing', I spoke to the CBSA and they said it is fine for me to 'land' from an immigration point of view but from a customs perspective I can come in as a visitor. When I finally move (hopefully some point next year) then I can enter from a customs perspective and all my goods except wine, tobacco etc which is the same allowance.

My only sadness is that I haven't been organised enough to sort out my wine collection and unless I pay a huge amount of tax it will need to stay in the UK in bond.
This is actually covered in the wiki: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada#Visiting_Canada_but_not_.22landing.22

You can show up at the border, do your landing, but enter Canada as a visitor, then on a later trip actually properly land as a resident and at that point do your goods declarations etc. Totally fine to do that.

ryli77 said:
SchnookoLoly, can I be added to the spreadsheet please?

Received at CPCM on 1 DEC 2015
Sponsor approval on 5 FEB 2016
Processing office is LONDON
Medical done on 15 NOV 2015
Location is Manchester, UK, and we are married

I've been lurking for a while now looking at the London outland spreadsheet and I'm really starting to get worried. The spreadsheet says the average is 9.66 months based on the past DMs, yet we've passed 9 months and we just got an update from our local MP telling us that there isn't any progress on our file, i.e. that they haven't even started working on it yet. Did something happen at CIC that I'm not aware of? Budget cuts maybe? They've been helping to deal with the Islamabad backlog since 2013 so that can't be the reason.
Added! I wouldn't stress about the timing. You're only right on the average right now, and an average is just that: an average. That means some will take longer and some will not.

If you're really concerned, order your notes, which you'll get in about a month. But honestly, I wouldn't bother. If it were me, I'd just sit tight a bit longer and wait, then maybe order notes in a month or so. London did recently up their advertised processing time from 14 to 15 months, so that's an indication that things are slowing down a bit there for whatever reason.

Just sit tight. :)

sambeat4

Aug 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-12-2016
Im seeing a lot about landing and needing to declare and fill out forms and what not.. My question is my fiance is already living in Canada (he is on an IEC working holiday visa) so by the time he get COPR he will have been here at least a year and a half. His life and belongings are already (mostly) here apart from a few small things we will gradually bring back with us over time. Will he be able to just land as a resident? If we do this will is hinder us being able to bring stuff back in the future? Again, its nothing big just odds and ends he would like here from back at home.

We hadn't really looked into what goes on with the landing process, do you get information on this when you receive your COPR?

Also, we are going to Mexico in Nov, if we happen to get lucky (because our app is in Ottawa :D) and get COPR before we go can he "land" on our return to Canada from Mexico?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
sambeat4 said:
Im seeing a lot about landing and needing to declare and fill out forms and what not.. My question is my fiance is already living in Canada (he is on an IEC working holiday visa) so by the time he get COPR he will have been here at least a year and a half. His life and belongings are already (mostly) here apart from a few small things we will gradually bring back with us over time. Will he be able to just land as a resident? If we do this will is hinder us being able to bring stuff back in the future? Again, its nothing big just odds and ends he would like here from back at home.
He won't need to declare anything currently in the country. He SHOULD put anything he wants to bring back on his Goods to Follow list. It doesn't matter if he doesn't end up bringing it back at all, or if he decides to bring it back 20 years from now... but if it's on the list when he lands, he can bring it in without paying taxes on it. There's no downside to putting things on, so add anything you think you might even consider bringing back, just to be safe.

We hadn't really looked into what goes on with the landing process, do you get information on this when you receive your COPR?
I think the COPR has some basic information on it, but most of it you do through your own research. Read this article - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada

Also, we are going to Mexico in Nov, if we happen to get lucky (because our app is in Ottawa :D) and get COPR before we go can he "land" on our return to Canada from Mexico?
Yes, he can land on the way back in from Mexico if he has his COPR. Just bring all your landing docs with you on your trip to Mexico and you can land on the way back in. :) If you don't want to risk bringing the docs with you on that trip you can always just flagpole at a US border to land instead. (On the BE Wiki, search for 'flagpole' and it should pop right up.)

ryli77

Sep 9, 2016
SchnookoLoly said:
Added! I wouldn't stress about the timing. You're only right on the average right now, and an average is just that: an average. That means some will take longer and some will not.

If you're really concerned, order your notes, which you'll get in about a month. But honestly, I wouldn't bother. If it were me, I'd just sit tight a bit longer and wait, then maybe order notes in a month or so. London did recently up their advertised processing time from 14 to 15 months, so that's an indication that things are slowing down a bit there for whatever reason.

Just sit tight. :)
I see. Based on recent trends and given that there is no progress on my app so far, is there a strong likelihood that I'll actually be waiting the full 15 months as advertised on their site?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
ryli77 said:
I see. Based on recent trends and given that there is no progress on my app so far, is there a strong likelihood that I'll actually be waiting the full 15 months as advertised on their site?
I suspect that you are being overly pessimistic, but when I reach your wait stage, I am sure I will be pretty gloomy too!!!

ryli77

Sep 9, 2016
Hurlabrick said:
I suspect that you are being overly pessimistic, but when I reach your wait stage, I am sure I will be pretty gloomy too!!!
Yes, I suppose so. I just need to plan ahead because I came to Canada as a visitor not too long ago under the impression that I would be PR within 10 to 11 months, but if it's going to take significantly longer than that, I would rather not stay and be a financial burden to my spouse. I couldn't even get an OWP if I wanted to because my field of work does not qualify for that.

jenniqua81

Jun 16, 2016
Hey SchnookoLoly, got an update...

Sponsor approval 14 Sept
Processing office London

I am SO happy that I got approved as a sponsor!

Also, thanks for doing this spreadsheet, it's great to see the averages and know more about the processing times than CIC gives us.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
jenniqua81 said:
Hey SchnookoLoly, got an update...

Sponsor approval 14 Sept
Processing office London

I am SO happy that I got approved as a sponsor!

Also, thanks for doing this spreadsheet, it's great to see the averages and know more about the processing times than CIC gives us.
Hi! Not SchnookoLoly, but one of her delegates that can updated the spreadsheet, which I have now done.

Congratulations, now for the waiting in the London queue. Good to see some movement on the spreadsheet, it has been static for a couple of weeks now - hoping for a surge in approvals, it does seem to come in 'fits and starts'!

Charno

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/02/2016
Doc's Request.
27/09/2016
AOR Received.
15/03/2016
File Transfer...
SA: 31/03/2016 AOR2: 08/04/2016
Med's Done....
14/01/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 24/10/2016
Hi everyone! I hope you're all well.

I just had a look at the Pakistan via London thread, and it looks like things are starting to move again at LVO: december applicants have started to get some doc requests and remed requests! Good news for everyone being processed in London. :)

saymanbg

Sep 17, 2016
Hi there,

you can add me to the sheet, my details are below:

Sponsor (my wife): Canadian in Canada
Applicant (me): Bulgarian in London

Sponsorship status "Decision Made"
1. We received your application to sponsor on July 18, 2016.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 9, 2016.
3. We started processing your application on August 8, 2016.

Permanent Residence status "In Process"
1. We received application for permanent residence on July 18, 2016.
2. We started processing application on September 1, 2016.
3. Medical results have been received.

Question: The Sponsorship Application Status changed to Decision Made more than two weeks ago, but we haven't received anything per email or snail mail. Any ideas if that is normal?
We wanted to know which office, Ottawa or London, will process the application. Is it worth trying to contact CIC for an update? If yes, what is the best way to get in touch ?

Thanks!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
saymanbg said:
Hi there,

you can add me to the sheet, my details are below:

Sponsor (my wife): Canadian in Canada
Applicant (me): Bulgarian in London

Sponsorship status "Decision Made"
1. We received your application to sponsor on July 18, 2016.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 9, 2016.
3. We started processing your application on August 8, 2016.

Permanent Residence status "In Process"
1. We received application for permanent residence on July 18, 2016.
2. We started processing application on September 1, 2016.
3. Medical results have been received.

Question: The Sponsorship Application Status changed to Decision Made more than two weeks ago, but we haven't received anything per email or snail mail. Any ideas if that is normal?
We wanted to know which office, Ottawa or London, will process the application. Is it worth trying to contact CIC for an update? If yes, what is the best way to get in touch ?
Added the spreadsheet, thanks.

I got my email with a PDF attached approving me as sponsor within a couple of days of seeing the status change, it is that PDF that tells you the processing office they sent it to. I would get in touch with them for sure.