+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Mary23 - updated! Likely it's that the document itself was issued 27-Jul, then for whatever reason it took them a week to process it or whatever and then the passport request actually came through on the 4th. I've seen it before where a file will get labelled as something like "Approved and visa issued pending receipt of passport" or something along those lines so that would be my guess on what happened in your case. Glad it's all sorted now! The BritishExpats wiki has a few articles on landing and goods to follow, have a read through those to prepare for landing in Canada! Congrats, eh!

jenniqua - added! welcome to the waiting game! :)

Mary23

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
Doc's Request.
09-12-2014, 25-03-2015
Med's Request
25-03-2015, 25-05-2016
Med's Done....
First medical upfront 2014, Second med 16-04-2015, Third medical done 20-06-2016
Passport Req..
04-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
SchnookoLoly said:
Mary23 - updated! Likely it's that the document itself was issued 27-Jul, then for whatever reason it took them a week to process it or whatever and then the passport request actually came through on the 4th. I've seen it before where a file will get labelled as something like "Approved and visa issued pending receipt of passport" or something along those lines so that would be my guess on what happened in your case. Glad it's all sorted now! The BritishExpats wiki has a few articles on landing and goods to follow, have a read through those to prepare for landing in Canada! Congrats, eh!

jenniqua - added! welcome to the waiting game! :)
Thanks SchnookoLoly.... cant wait for my husband to land in Canada asap....my daughter and I finally can get to live wih him....i will check the landing procedure for him....thanks once again and good luck to all those who are still in the waiting game...

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
i've been looking at the LVO spreadsheet for 2014, and i noticed that applications filed in december 2014 were in process by august 2015 (roughly 8 months after they were filed). i was expecting a similar trend for this year, but so far none of the applications filed in december 2015 have gone into process. it seems as though the VO is still working on applications from october/november 2015 and have not touched anything submitted after that.

can anyone shed some light on this? my main concern is that if they're going to begin processing us later than usual, then won't our total time to process go beyond the 11-12 month average? this is really sad... LVO's performance had been stellar up until february/march 2016, but now i get the feeling that this year is going to be the worst we've ever seen for LVO despite the liberal govt telling us about their new immigration levels plan.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
flx2015 said:
i've been looking at the LVO spreadsheet for 2014, and i noticed that applications filed in december 2014 were in process by august 2015 (roughly 8 months after they were filed). i was expecting a similar trend for this year, but so far none of the applications filed in december 2015 have gone into process. it seems as though the VO is still working on applications from october/november 2015 and have not touched anything submitted after that.

can anyone shed some light on this? my main concern is that if they're going to begin processing us later than usual, then won't our total time to process go beyond the 11-12 month average? this is really sad... LVO's performance had been stellar up until february/march 2016, but now i get the feeling that this year is going to be the worst we've ever seen for LVO despite the liberal govt telling us about their new immigration levels plan.
Dude, you need to chill. Seriously.

You are massively overanalyzing. Plus none of us work at CIC, so we can only guess.

2014 was under a different government than currently, so that has an effect.

It's summer. It's August. Tons of people are on holiday. Things do often slow down in the summer months.

In 2014, London was dealing with WAY more overseas applications, which messed things up.

There are other streams to consider as well. Express Entry has been completely revamped this year and programs like FSW have now been absorbed into EE. That means way more applications through EE, which means reassigning employees around a bit. Same with the massive push to bring down the processing time of inland applications. Again, shuffling employees.

I am only guessing, though. i don't work for CIC. I don't know anyone who works for CIC. These are just trends that I've noticed after being around for 5 years and seeing what external factors seem to affect processing times.

So stop obsessing and just chill.

(And I will say it again, not having your info on the spreadsheet is a disservice to its accuracy since you get to benefit from everyone else's information, but no one gets to benefit from yours. My biggest pet peeve is people relying on the spreadsheet to inform themselves, but not paying it forward.)

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
SchnookoLoly said:
Dude, you need to chill. Seriously.

You are massively overanalyzing. Plus none of us work at CIC, so we can only guess.

2014 was under a different government than currently, so that has an effect.

It's summer. It's August. Tons of people are on holiday. Things do often slow down in the summer months.

In 2014, London was dealing with WAY more overseas applications, which messed things up.

There are other streams to consider as well. Express Entry has been completely revamped this year and programs like FSW have now been absorbed into EE. That means way more applications through EE, which means reassigning employees around a bit. Same with the massive push to bring down the processing time of inland applications. Again, shuffling employees.

I am only guessing, though. i don't work for CIC. I don't know anyone who works for CIC. These are just trends that I've noticed after being around for 5 years and seeing what external factors seem to affect processing times.

So stop obsessing and just chill.

(And I will say it again, not having your info on the spreadsheet is a disservice to its accuracy since you get to benefit from everyone else's information, but no one gets to benefit from yours. My biggest pet peeve is people relying on the spreadsheet to inform themselves, but not paying it forward.)
my wife isn't visa exempt like the majority of applicants on your spreadsheet, and i can't visit her for more than two weeks a year unless i resign from my job. i have tried getting her to apply for a TRV but that didn't work either because the VO is not convinced that she has adequate ties to her home country. it has been almost a year since i saw her face. so yeah, given our situation, i believe my impatience is justified and wanting to be together again is totally worth obsessing over.

with that said, i wasn't trying to put anyone on the spot and i do realize that none of us work at CIC, so i'll refrain from talking about this any further. i will PM you my info so you can add me to the spreadsheet.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
flx2015 said:
my wife isn't visa exempt like the majority of applicants on your spreadsheet, and i can't visit her for more than two weeks a year unless i resign from my job. i have tried getting her to apply for a TRV but that didn't work either because the VO is not convinced that she has adequate ties to her home country. it has been almost a year since i saw her face. so yeah, given our situation, i believe my impatience is justified and wanting to be together again is totally worth obsessing over.
I get that part of it. Yes it's true the majority of applicants who apply through London are visa-exempt. LVO is helping with the backlog from Islamabad because the current processing time there is over 2 years. So at least you're up on the deal by going through London.

The fact of the matter is, though, that applicants from non-visa exempt countries, like your wife, and very likely going to be subject to longer wait times. Mary23, who just posted a bit up this thread, was a 2014 applicant and just got COPR for her husband this month, about two years. Other non-visa exempt applicants go faster (gotocanada2016 was 278 days, hs64 was 223 days, sdh was a very fast 122 days, all via London), but others take way longer (Telia 343 days, MrExpat still waiting, tony000 476 days, Bubbles87 347 days, and so on). I'm not trying to be a downer, but it's simply the reality of the situation that non-visa exempt applicants generally will take longer.

So while I get your impatience and your wanting to see your wife again (my husband and I were also separated for a period while we were sorting out immigration stuff), you also need to be realistic about the situation, and obsessing isn't going to help.

I don't know when you applied, but I'll take a guess at November 2015. If that's the case, you should have your sponsor approval already since that part doesn't depend on the PA's nationality or visa-exempt status, it's entirely on you as the Canadian. The average processing time via London is right now about 10-11 months, which means that if your application sticks on average processing time then you won't hear anything until September at the earliest, so at least another month.

You absolutely cannot stress out about not getting more requests for information or anything like that because it's simply not an indicator that anything is amiss or that CIC has not yet looked at your application. Most people have some kind of request, whether it's more documents or just photos, but not everyone does. Have a skim down the "Extra docs requested" column (column G) - not everyone has a request. And some peopel have the request only a week before going to DM, while others have a request and then don't get DM for months. tony000 had requests on 9-Mar but didn't get DM until 16-Jun. hassan51214 on the other hand had no requests for anything and went straight to DM. tramper then had DM on 25-Sep but then had requests for stuff a month later.

So really, you can't read too much into it. The spreadsheet helps give you a rough idea, but it only takes a bit of time at looking at individual cases to realize just how individual the whole process is.

So as I said, chill. :)

with that said, i wasn't trying to put anyone on the spot and i do realize that none of us work at CIC, so i'll refrain from talking about this any further. i will PM you my info so you can add me to the spreadsheet.
I'll look out for your PM. :)

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
i'm a december 2015 applicant, and to be honest, i would be quite satisfied with a processing time of 12 months. that is exactly what i've been expecting this entire time. however what i was saying earlier is that with the way things are going, i just had a gut feeling that this year they're going to go beyond that average for everyone, visa exempt or not, straightforward or not. it's just a feeling though.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
flx2015 said:
i'm a december 2015 applicant, and to be honest, i would be quite satisfied with a processing time of 12 months. however with the way things are going, i just don't know when this is going to be over.
Okay, so October at the earliest is when you'll hear something. Because you're NVE, though, I'd bank on longer. 12-14 months maybe. It's way too early to start saying things like "the way things are going"... the way what is going? London is continuing to process people. Lots of NVE people have had processing time right on average. Some faster, some slower. Some people are getting requests for extra stuff, tohers aren't getting anything and are going straight to DM. If you provided everything in your app and they are satisfied with it they may not ask for anything else. Bonus! Them asking for extra stuff actually slows things down! I'd be GLAD to not hear anything from them for awhile!

IF you haven't heard anything by November-December then order your notes and see what's going on. Have you been able to link your app to myCIC?

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
SchnookoLoly said:
Okay, so October at the earliest is when you'll hear something. Because you're NVE, though, I'd bank on longer. 12-14 months maybe. It's way too early to start saying things like "the way things are going"... the way what is going? London is continuing to process people. Lots of NVE people have had processing time right on average. Some faster, some slower. Some people are getting requests for extra stuff, tohers aren't getting anything and are going straight to DM. If you provided everything in your app and they are satisfied with it they may not ask for anything else. Bonus! Them asking for extra stuff actually slows things down! I'd be GLAD to not hear anything from them for awhile!

IF you haven't heard anything by November-December then order your notes and see what's going on. Have you been able to link your app to myCIC?
yes, i've linked to MyCIC and also recieved GCMS notes last week. been just over 8.5 months since i submitted my app and they do not appear to have started working on anything yet.

sambeat4

Aug 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-12-2016
Looking to be added to spreadsheet!

We sent our application in June 28 (received June 29 signed for at offices) however it was returned to us due to an error in one of the forms. We sent it again July 28 (received July 29 signed for at offices). We received our AOR on August 19th via email and our application status say they have started process my sponsorship application as of August 18 2016!

:)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
sambeat4 said:
Looking to be added to spreadsheet!

We sent our application in June 28 (received June 29 signed for at offices) however it was returned to us due to an error in one of the forms. We sent it again July 28 (received July 29 signed for at offices). We received our AOR on August 19th via email and our application status say they have started process my sponsorship application as of August 18 2016!

:)
Need to know if you applied as married or common-law and where you're located. :)

chandg

Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LON DON Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application Received: (Mississauga) January 26, 2016
Sponsor approval: March 14,2016
Are you Sponsor or Applicant: Applicant
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: Citizen
Sponsoring husband or wife: (Marriage) Husband
Re-Med request: NOT YET
Re-med done: NOT YET
"In Process" on ECAS: (London) March 17,2016
Interview: NOT YET
Decision Made: NOT YET
PPR: NOT YET
COPR received in post: NOT YET
Applicant,s Location : Gujranwala, Pakistan
Additional docs requested: NOT YET
Up Front Medical 30 June 2015

Add in spread sheet 2016..............

sambeat4

Aug 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-12-2016
SchnookoLoly said:
Need to know if you applied as married or common-law and where you're located. :)
Applied as common-law and are located in Guelph, Ontario! We also did medicals upfront on May 18 2016!

:D

sambeat4

Aug 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-12-2016
Does anyone have any idea on realistic processing time for UK outland right now? My partner is Scottish and we applied outland from Canada. Received AOR August 19. I know it says 14 months on the website- we are hoping for quicker as he is 14 months into a 24 month visa! :(

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
chandg - added! :)

sambeat - added. As for your question about processing time, that's why the spreadsheet is there. The cover sheet has lots of stats to give you a realistic idea. On the cover sheet you'll find the average times via London for standard applicants, via London for Pakistani applicants, and via Ottawa for anyone who goes via Ottawa, and the averages are both for the last 20 approvals, as well as an overall average from the past 4 years. The spreadsheet is always the most accurate view of how long London is currently taking to process applications. Use it. :)