+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Nimtang1

Nov 8, 2015
SchnookoLoly said:
I agree with Kingsby. The quoted time is from when your application arrived, but you're only just over it by 10 days and it's only recently changed. Only one person after you has SA so far... I'd sit on it another week and then drop a case-specific enquiry, or give Mississauga a call. (All contact info in the FAQ.)
thank you for the above. I'll leave it for another week. Really appreciate you and Kingsby replying.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Landing_PR said:
Can someone add me to the spreadsheet please?
Just need to know where you are located and then we can get you added in! :) Nearest major city is fine.

Shadowsun

Feb 18, 2016
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
16-02-2017
Hello,

Could I please have my application info entered in the 'Timeline for Family Class Sponsorship via London' spreadsheet?

Application received in Mississauga: April 19, 2016
Relationship status: Married

Thank you! :)

avro1959

Sep 13, 2014
Spreadsheet update:
Decision made: April 27, 2016
CoPR in post: May 4, 2016

This was a surprise, I was expecting the application to take another 7-8 months to process. What seems strange is that they previously told us the application was sent to LVO but the CoPR we received now shows that it was issued at CPC-Ottawa - which means they decided to change the processing location after telling us it was going to LVO. Not sure if this is common but it may be promising news for some of the LVO applicants.

Thanks again to the spreadsheet editors for your hard work!!

nf01

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-01-2016
avro1959 said:
Spreadsheet update:
Decision made: April 27, 2016
CoPR in post: May 4, 2016

This was a surprise, I was expecting the application to take another 7-8 months to process. What seems strange is that they previously told us the application was sent to LVO but the CoPR we received now shows that it was issued at CPC-Ottawa - which means they decided to change the processing location after telling us it was going to LVO. Not sure if this is common but it may be promising news for some of the LVO applicants.

Thanks again to the spreadsheet editors for your hard work!!
Your location?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Shadowsun - all updated! (My brother is currently living in Sudbury!)

avro - what a nice surprise! It's not unheardof for applications to change offices, but usually it's Ottawa going to London instead, and usually the applicant knows about it! I changed your office on the spreadsheet... very pleased you have it all done and dusted! Best of luck! :)

WeeHippieElf

Jul 20, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2015
Doc's Request.
10-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
DM 13-11-2015!!!
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 09-01-2016!!!!!
LANDED..........
21-05-2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sudbury is my hometown.. lived there for 30+ years :D

Shadowsun

Feb 18, 2016
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
16-02-2017
Thanks for updating the spreadsheet SchnookoLoly! :)

And WeeHippieElf Sudbury is pretty awesome. The hubby LOVES it here. ^_^

Wee_Canuck

May 10, 2016
Hi all,

Longtime visitor to the site - hoping one of you senior contributors can help! I've had an infuriatingly long wait with CIC. Ever so slightly losing my mind.

I'm Canadian, sponsoring my British husband, both currently living in the UK. We applied in November 2014. Here's the whole timeline.

Category: FAM (Spousal)
Visa Office: London
App. Filed: 02-12-2014
AOR Received: 21-02-2015
SA Received: 26-02-2015
Meds Done: 05-11-2014 (upfront)
Meds Done 2nd time: 09-05-2016
Start processing PR: 05-03-2015
PR "In process": 08-2015
Interview: ...
Passport Req: ...
Visa Issued: ...
Landed: ...

Anyone who's in the full throes of the visa process will know that the London Visa Office timeline has been all over the place! When we first applied in 2014, the LVO was processing most applications in 8 months, or so their timeline said. Then it went up to 11 months sometime in early 2015. Then apparently because of overflow from the Islamabad office it went up to 29 months! After the Canadian election, they seemed to have changed the system a little and there was a generic '17 month' target for all out-of-Canada spousal applications. And most recently (don't know if anyone else has noticed this in the last couple of weeks) they've added a third drop-down list where you put the VO and London is currently at 14 months. Either way, they are definitely late with our application!

Long story short, my parents' MP got in touch and our file is 'active'. First official 'communique' my husband receives is a form letter asking him to do the health check again. Thanks, guys - we really felt like spending another £300 on blood tests and x-rays. But it's done now. Don't know why we've been at the bottom of the metaphorical (or maybe literal!) pile for so long - we've been married for years, no kids, no criminal records, etc. - pretty straightforward case. Just bad luck I guess.

ANYWAY, I guess what I'm asking is... what's next? How and when are they gonna get in touch and will they ask for anything else? I thought I'd read in some other threads that they ask you for 4 passport photos? And/or your actual passport? If there's anything we can do while we're waiting, I wanna just do it now and maybe save a little time.

Thanks, all - keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Wee Canuck

Idhadda

Dec 1, 2014
Hi,

Update for the spreadsheet.

COPR was in fact sent 7th April. Unfortunately I was out of the country, no one available to sign for it and no card left by Royal Mail. Sat at local post depot for a month to only be sent back LVO.

Resent to me 9th May. Arrived today :D ;D

Just a side question - all looks good, but does have written right across it "Not valid for travel". I presume that just means not valid in place of PR card, but valid for initial entry!??

Thanks for everyone's support on here, this came through sooner than we had anticipated!

Idhadda said:
Hi,

I had a request to send in a copy of my passport and additional photos in order to proceed to COPR. Submitted these as requested to London over 6 weeks ago and still no update. In the email that I received it stated to follow up if we have had no response within 4 weeks.

Just wanted to check if anyone else is in a similar position and who / how did you follow up. Email is a bit vague and suggested using the 'email form on the website'. Application was processed in Ottawa but additional documents were sent to London. So not sure which website and not found any email form on either

Thanks

Indy

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Wee_Canuck said:
Hi all,

Longtime visitor to the site - hoping one of you senior contributors can help! I've had an infuriatingly long wait with CIC. Ever so slightly losing my mind.

I'm Canadian, sponsoring my British husband, both currently living in the UK. We applied in November 2014. Here's the whole timeline.

Category: FAM (Spousal)
Visa Office: London
App. Filed: 02-12-2014
AOR Received: 21-02-2015
SA Received: 26-02-2015
Meds Done: 05-11-2014 (upfront)
Meds Done 2nd time: 09-05-2016
Start processing PR: 05-03-2015
PR "In process": 08-2015
Interview: ...
Passport Req: ...
Visa Issued: ...
Landed: ...

Anyone who's in the full throes of the visa process will know that the London Visa Office timeline has been all over the place! When we first applied in 2014, the LVO was processing most applications in 8 months, or so their timeline said. Then it went up to 11 months sometime in early 2015. Then apparently because of overflow from the Islamabad office it went up to 29 months! After the Canadian election, they seemed to have changed the system a little and there was a generic '17 month' target for all out-of-Canada spousal applications. And most recently (don't know if anyone else has noticed this in the last couple of weeks) they've added a third drop-down list where you put the VO and London is currently at 14 months. Either way, they are definitely late with our application!

Long story short, my parents' MP got in touch and our file is 'active'. First official 'communique' my husband receives is a form letter asking him to do the health check again. Thanks, guys - we really felt like spending another £300 on blood tests and x-rays. But it's done now. Don't know why we've been at the bottom of the metaphorical (or maybe literal!) pile for so long - we've been married for years, no kids, no criminal records, etc. - pretty straightforward case. Just bad luck I guess.

ANYWAY, I guess what I'm asking is... what's next? How and when are they gonna get in touch and will they ask for anything else? I thought I'd read in some other threads that they ask you for 4 passport photos? And/or your actual passport? If there's anything we can do while we're waiting, I wanna just do it now and maybe save a little time.

Thanks, all - keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Wee Canuck
Welcome!

Wow, that is super infuriating and certainly much longer than average. I would have suggested getting the MP involved, but you have done that. The new medical request is reassuring, at least. It usually takes 2-3ish weeks for your medicals to reach CIC.

If it were me, this is what I'd do at this point. No guarantees it'll work, and this isn't 'official' advice, just my suggestion:
1) Drop CIC an email saying you have done medicals in line with their request.
2) Order your notes just to make sure there's nothing else funky going on with your file.
3) In a month, if you haven't heard further, drop CIC an email and ask for confirmation your medicals have arrived.
4) A week or so after that, if you haven't heard further, have your MP chase up again on your behalf.

That should give you a decent course of action and hopefully the end is in sight!

I've added you to the spreadsheet... what's your closest major city? I've just written UK for now.

Best of luck!

Idhadda said:
Hi,

Update for the spreadsheet.

COPR was in fact sent 7th April. Unfortunately I was out of the country, no one available to sign for it and no card left by Royal Mail. Sat at local post depot for a month to only be sent back LVO.

Resent to me 9th May. Arrived today :D ;D

Just a side question - all looks good, but does have written right across it "Not valid for travel". I presume that just means not valid in place of PR card, but valid for initial entry!??

Thanks for everyone's support on here, this came through sooner than we had anticipated!
Spreadsheet updated!

The "not valid for travel" means that the document is not valid as your travel document - your PASSPORT is still your primary travel document, and you have to have your passport to actually travel. The COPR only facilitates your landing, it does not permit you to travel without or in place of your passport. :) Hope that makes sense!

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
Does anyone have any idea why the london visa office asked for photocopy of our passports?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
sundusk said:
Does anyone have any idea why the london visa office asked for photocopy of our passports?
Standard request. Totally normal.