+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
I can now access ECAS.

A little confused to what it all means.

Permanent Residence Application Status - Application Received.

Sponsorship Application Status - In process.

Received my AOR on Friday 30th April (Yesterday), says processing started on Wednesday 28th April.

Am I still at AOR1?

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
SA:25-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016
JamesBox said:
I can now access ECAS.

A little confused to what it all means.

Permanent Residence Application Status - Application Received.

Sponsorship Application Status - In process.

Received my AOR on Friday 30th April (Yesterday), says processing started on Wednesday 28th April.

Am I still at AOR1?
Yes we will get an SA now. and than your file will be transferred to london visa office.

goneforgood

Apr 24, 2016
I don't seem to have done a very good job of giving the correct dates for our application...mixed up the date of sending with actual processing dates. It makes it look as if we got sponsor approval in only 26 days. We didn't. Please could you update the spreadsheet?

Sponsor application received Oct 26 2015.
Approved Dec 30th.
PR processing started Jan 7th in London.
Meds done upfront Oct 1st
We are heading for southeast BC

Thanks

Philippa

Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Doc's Request.
19-01-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2015
File Transfer...
Sent to London from Mississauga 07-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
goneforgood said:
I don't seem to have done a very good job of giving the correct dates for our application...mixed up the date of sending with actual processing dates. It makes it look as if we got sponsor approval in only 26 days. We didn't. Please could you update the spreadsheet?

Sponsor application received Oct 26 2015.
Approved Dec 30th.
PR processing started Jan 7th in London.
Meds done upfront Oct 1st
We are heading for southeast BC

Thanks

We have the same exact dates!

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interesting to see London hasn't given DM since 16 Nov 2015 (of those on the spreadsheet anyway)

Hopefully with Islamabad applicants now no longer being transferred to London, things will speed up a bit!

Philippa

Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Doc's Request.
19-01-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2015
File Transfer...
Sent to London from Mississauga 07-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
JamesBox said:
Interesting to see London hasn't given DM since 16 Nov 2015 (of those on the spreadsheet anyway)

Hopefully with Islamabad applicants now no longer being transferred to London, things will speed up a bit!
Where did you hear that London doesn't take on Islamabad applications anymore? Thanks!

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Randomly ended up on the Pakistan thread, and there was a guy asking why his had been sent to Islamabad, and a few others who had submitted recently said they'd been sent there too. Not 100% sure they all be sent there, but definitely seems to make sense with the delays in London

pete_sk

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown at the moment
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
10 April 2015
Med's Done....
19 Jan 2015
SchnookoLoly said:
I would not for a second recommend going with only a scan of your COPR when you go to land, pete_sk I think you got lucky there. Go with the actual COPR document. The airline MIGHT give you a hard time boarding though as you aren't actually a PR yet, but I'd imagine that should be ok... but I don't know for certain.

Once you're landed you're fine to travel with just your paperwork until they start enforcing the eTA later this year. Once the eTA is in full force you'll need a PRTD to travel without your PR card.
I think you are way off here Schnookololy....

No one is suggesting that you only go with a scanned copy of your COPR to land. We were talking about entering the country AFTER landing, but BEFORE having a PR card.

It is absolutely fine to use a scanned copy of your paperwork to travel with after you have landed - the paperwork itself is clearly labelled not to be used for travel purposes, but having the data/ref numbers/etc. from your COPR handy makes clearing you in to the country as a resident, without a PR card, straightforward.

I wouldn't in any way recommend travelling with your actual paperwork after landing - that's not something you want to lose....hence the scanned copy...

Idhadda

Dec 1, 2014
Hi,

I had a request to send in a copy of my passport and additional photos in order to proceed to COPR. Submitted these as requested to London over 6 weeks ago and still no update. In the email that I received it stated to follow up if we have had no response within 4 weeks.

Just wanted to check if anyone else is in a similar position and who / how did you follow up. Email is a bit vague and suggested using the 'email form on the website'. Application was processed in Ottawa but additional documents were sent to London. So not sure which website and not found any email form on either

Thanks

Indy

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Idhadda said:
Hi,

I had a request to send in a copy of my passport and additional photos in order to proceed to COPR. Submitted these as requested to London over 6 weeks ago and still no update. In the email that I received it stated to follow up if we have had no response within 4 weeks.

Just wanted to check if anyone else is in a similar position and who / how did you follow up. Email is a bit vague and suggested using the 'email form on the website'. Application was processed in Ottawa but additional documents were sent to London. So not sure which website and not found any email form on either

Thanks

Indy
I think when it referred to the "email form on the website" it meant this: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.

tunaeggs

Feb 27, 2016
London, UK
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't know if anyone can help us on this one. We entered my CL partner in the IEC pool in January. However since then we sent in our family class sponsorship. I have recently received AOR (I was just added to the spreadsheet!).

To our surprise, my CL partner was just pulled at random from the IEC pool and invited to apply for this visa. Does anyone know if we can still apply for IEC? It would be ideal as we can move to Canada while we are awaiting for outland to be approved and he can work on the IEC visa.

Any info would help? Or websites you recommend visiting for answers? Or who I could contact to get a straight answer? Don't want to apply for the IEC ($250) if we are not eligible anymore.

Thanks!

smclintock

Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2016
I was just wondering how you know if you have received AOR2? We received the SA email on the 25th of April.

In ECAS under "Permanent Residence Application Status" we now have the line "We started processing XXX application on April 29, 2016."

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
tunaeggs said:
Don't know if anyone can help us on this one. We entered my CL partner in the IEC pool in January. However since then we sent in our family class sponsorship. I have recently received AOR (I was just added to the spreadsheet!).

To our surprise, my CL partner was just pulled at random from the IEC pool and invited to apply for this visa. Does anyone know if we can still apply for IEC? It would be ideal as we can move to Canada while we are awaiting for outland to be approved and he can work on the IEC visa.

Any info would help? Or websites you recommend visiting for answers? Or who I could contact to get a straight answer? Don't want to apply for the IEC ($250) if we are not eligible anymore.

Thanks!
I'm the same boat. Entered the pool on Dec 2nd, just got my invite. I've not seen it anywhere or heard from anyone who says you can't. I'll be submitting my documents in the next few days for IEC. Congrats on the invite!

Abydos

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
with SA 11-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 06-03-2016
LANDED..........
27-03-2016
JamesBox said:
I'm the same boat. Entered the pool on Dec 2nd, just got my invite. I've not seen it anywhere or heard from anyone who says you can't. I'll be submitting my documents in the next few days for IEC. Congrats on the invite!
I was in Canada on IEC for several months before we applied outland. I was then working for a few more months on IEC while our application was processed. No problems at all.