+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
Hi

I applied in my maiden name as haven’t changed passport till submitted app, now I have new one, When should I send it updated and how? should I do it now, ASAP or wait when it will be after SA?

I've got AOR1 and also when I log in our address is correct but doesn’t say UK or England, hope that is ok?

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
SchnookoLoly said:
Standard request. Totally normal.
What is meant by standard request? Is it a good news?

Maggie2014

Jan 26, 2015
Hi, when you receive your "ready for visa/passport request" letter from CIC is it normal that they do not list your postal code in your mailing address?

Thanks

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
sundusk said:
What is meant by standard request? Is it a good news?
Did you actually get a request from CIC for a copy of yoru passport and new photos (maybe, not everyone is asked for new photos). If so, this is PPR / DM. So yes, good news. :)

Maggie - do you mean your postcode isn't showing on ECAS? Or the letter you received in the post didn't include your postcode? Not sure what you're asking.

Crayon - it doesn't really matter. Write them an email (address is in FAQ) and include a copy of your new passport bio page and your marriage certificate and explain that you've just officially changed your name in your passport to your married name so wanted to update them. I don't believe it makes any difference, though, but good to keep them informed. (I changed my passport over to my married name just after SA and emailed them but they never even acknowledged the email, lol.)

Maggie2014

Jan 26, 2015
Thanks for your reply - my postcode is not showing in the letter that I received from CIC requesting my passport copy and photos etc and I was just wondering if that would be an issue.

Another question, if I may, can I ask what method of delivery people have used when sending their passport and photos etc to the London processing office - i.e. Royal Mail trackable or FedEx, for example?

many thanks for your help

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
SchnookoLoly said:
Did you actually get a request from CIC for a copy of yoru passport and new photos (maybe, not everyone is asked for new photos). If so, this is PPR / DM. So yes, good news. :)

Maggie - do you mean your postcode isn't showing on ECAS? Or the letter you received in the post didn't include your postcode? Not sure what you're asking.

Crayon - it doesn't really matter. Write them an email (address is in FAQ) and include a copy of your new passport bio page and your marriage certificate and explain that you've just officially changed your name in your passport to your married name so wanted to update them. I don't believe it makes any difference, though, but good to keep them informed. (I changed my passport over to my married name just after SA and emailed them but they never even acknowledged the email, lol.)
Thanks. Was your PR card on new surname then as well in the end?

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
SchnookoLoly said:

Crayon - it doesn't really matter. Write them an email (address is in FAQ) and include a copy of your new passport bio page and your marriage certificate and explain that you've just officially changed y
our name in your passport to your married name so wanted to update them. I don't believe it makes any difference, though, but good to keep them informed. (I changed my passport over to my married name just after SA and emailed them but they never even acknowledged the email, lol.)
Yes on10th May got and email from london visa office and they asked for our passport copies how much estimated time for when they ask for orignal passport?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Crayon7 said:
Thanks. Was your PR card on new surname then as well in the end?
Ah, my husband was the PA. I misunderstood. If you are the PA and you have a new passport, you MUST inform CIC. I wouldn't worry about waiting for SA, just drop them the email and make sure you get confirmation of the new name as your COPR will need to match your passport. Definitely let them know. :)

Sundusk - that is your DM then, congrats! They only ask for the original passport if you are non-visa-exempt, otherwise they ask for copies. You can look at the spreadsheet to get an idea of when you might receive COPR. I just went to update you on the spreadsheet, but noticed you aren't there. Just let me know where you're located and I'll add you in. :)

Wee_Canuck

May 10, 2016
We're in Glasgow. Just got another letter via email asking for passport photos. Do they not ask for your actual passport at some point? Or is that only some countries?

BTW, the PDF says to consult IMM 3999 and Appendix B for photo specifications. Guide IMM 3999 makes absolutely no mention of photo requirements and Appendix B only says the size, not how many. We sent off 8 with our original application, so that seems like the sensible thing to do again - but that's specified in Appendix A, not Appendix B.

Clear as mud, CIC!

SchnookoLoly said:
Welcome!

Wow, that is super infuriating and certainly much longer than average. I would have suggested getting the MP involved, but you have done that. The new medical request is reassuring, at least. It usually takes 2-3ish weeks for your medicals to reach CIC.

If it were me, this is what I'd do at this point. No guarantees it'll work, and this isn't 'official' advice, just my suggestion:
1) Drop CIC an email saying you have done medicals in line with their request.
2) Order your notes just to make sure there's nothing else funky going on with your file.
3) In a month, if you haven't heard further, drop CIC an email and ask for confirmation your medicals have arrived.
4) A week or so after that, if you haven't heard further, have your MP chase up again on your behalf.

That should give you a decent course of action and hopefully the end is in sight!

I've added you to the spreadsheet... what's your closest major city? I've just written UK for now.

Best of luck!

Spreadsheet updated!

The "not valid for travel" means that the document is not valid as your travel document - your PASSPORT is still your primary travel document, and you have to have your passport to actually travel. The COPR only facilitates your landing, it does not permit you to travel without or in place of your passport. :) Hope that makes sense!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
^ So if I had to guess, you're towards the end. You're oddly the second person today who has said they had a request just for photos and not for a copy of the passport. Whether you're asked for a passport copy seems really to just depend on the person looking at your file. We don't call it DM until the passport is requested or until you receive COPR, but I'd certainly say it's a good sign.

Did the request not specify the number of photos? The person who just posted on BritishExpats had two I believe. The guide just has the actual specs for the photo, not the number required as that just depends on the request. Did the request really not say how many?

BorisTheFaun

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
26-07-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
23-09-2016
Wee_Canuck said:
We're in Glasgow. Just got another letter via email asking for passport photos. Do they not ask for your actual passport at some point? Or is that only some countries?

BTW, the PDF says to consult IMM 3999 and Appendix B for photo specifications. Guide IMM 3999 makes absolutely no mention of photo requirements and Appendix B only says the size, not how many. We sent off 8 with our original application, so that seems like the sensible thing to do again - but that's specified in Appendix A, not Appendix B.

Clear as mud, CIC!
The country specific document checklist, IMM3901, which you should have used states 8 photos with one having your details on the back. If you did that then it's a little weird!

rez_82

Mar 21, 2016
SchnookoLoly said:
Shadowsun - all updated! (My brother is currently living in Sudbury!)

avro - what a nice surprise! It's not unheardof for applications to change offices, but usually it's Ottawa going to London instead, and usually the applicant knows about it! I changed your office on the spreadsheet... very pleased you have it all done and dusted! Best of luck! :)
Hi,

I applied for my wife's PR on March 22nd 2016. Below is the timeline. Can you please add me to the spreadsheet?

Application Received: March 22nd 2016
AOR1: April 26th 2016
VO: London, UK
Started processing application: April 29 [Per status online]

Thanks,

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
rez, added yuo, just forgot to post yesterday to say I did it! :)

gotocanada2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Hi all,

Please I need some info as to how to submit additional documents to CIC London.

I got an email stating:

Dear xxxx,

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to
continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

 UCI Number- Name Surname:

Divorce certificate: If previously married, please provide our office with a divorce certificate(s),
application(s) for divorce and divorce order(s) Decree Absolute divorce document relating to
sponsor’s previous marriage.

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original
documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 45 days from the date of
this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your
complete application number on your correspondence.

Please return this letter with the requested documents.

So my questions are:

1. Should I interpret this request as CIC NOT needing original/notarised copy? So just a scanned copy would do?
2. Can it be emailed? or sent through a Case Specific Enquiry? Please tell me how to do this if necessary. (Thanks)
3. Is there any other way you'd suggest I do it? as this looks like my PR might come soon.

Many thanks in anticipation.

PS: Applied in Oct 2015, Got SA in Dec 2015, Got this email today. London is my visa office.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
A photocopy or scan should be fine. I would email a scan of it by replying to the email. Include in the email you've attached a scan but can mail the original if required. After a week, send a case specific enquiry asking to confirm the scan was acceptable (assuming they don't respond to the first email). Hope that helps :)