+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

tunaeggs

Feb 27, 2016
London, UK
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
princesstigger said:
Just need your location (nearest major city is fine if you don't want to be specific) then we can add you :)
My CL lives in London UK and I am currently in London on a 2 year visa which ends in 4 months which then I will move back home to Barrie Ontario. His medical was done March 15th. Let me know other information you need!

Thanks!

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
croydonexpat said:
Hey Guys,

Does anyone have a clue what London are doing about outstanding Apps that were sent in August, September and October of 2015... London seems to have been on a go slow... After early January they do not seem to have passed any other applications from these months and still counting!!!

Any clues am sure quite a few people are starting to worry...
the majority of August 2015 apps seem to be done, and i'm seeing a lot of September 2015 apps getting finalized as well.

what concerns me is that i don't see any activity on October 2015 applications... no requests for additional docs, no communication at all. this is very odd.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
tunaeggs - added!

goneforgood - need your location, as princesstigger said! :)

PeterJ251

Dec 2, 2015
Just got a request today from LVO for Czech Police certificate that we had already procured but were afraid to send as we didn't want it misplaced on the "wrong pile" since we had already submitted our application.

They also requested 2 new Passport photos.

Does anyone know the best place to have a Czech Police Certificate translated into English in Toronto?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
PeterJ251 said:
Just got a request today from LVO for Czech Police certificate that we had already procured but were afraid to send as we didn't want it misplaced on the "wrong pile" since we had already submitted our application.

They also requested 2 new Passport photos.

Does anyone know the best place to have a Czech Police Certificate translated into English in Toronto?
Spreadsheet updated.

It might be worth trying to give the Czech embassy a call to see if they can recommend a translator...

Telia

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 May 2015
Doc's Request.
03 Nov 2015
AOR Received.
29 July 2015
File Transfer...
29 July 2015
Med's Request
03 nov. 2015
Med's Done....
20 august 2015
Interview........
God only knows
Passport Req..
God only knows
Finally Ive got my PPR yesterday , it's great to open your inbox and see an email from them .

They asked me to send them 2 photos , taken within 6 months , but in the email they mentioned to stamp behind the photos or hand written like this .

Bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio
Bear the date the photograph was taken
The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

Can I send them photos without stamp ? Only the photographer write by hand the name and the address ?
Because here in Sweden they usually don't use stamps

Another question confusing me , if I can send the passports with DHL ....
Please I need help from you .

I pray for all of you to receive your PPR

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Telia said:
Finally Ive got my PPR yesterday , it's great to open your inbox and see an email from them .

They asked me to send them 2 photos , taken within 6 months , but in the email they mentioned to stamp behind the photos or hand written like this .

Bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio
Bear the date the photograph was taken
The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

Can I send them photos without stamp ? Only the photographer write by hand the name and the address ?
Because here in Sweden they usually don't use stamps

Another question confusing me , if I can send the passports with DHL ....
Please I need help from you .

I pray for all of you to receive your PPR
It says right in what you pasted that the photographer can either use a stamp or hand-write the information. They CANNOT use a sticker. As long as it's handwritten and includes all the requested information it's fine.

Congrats!

Yes, you can send the passport using any service - it's suggested you use a registered carrier so that you can track the passport and make sure it arrives!

Kate CP

Dec 1, 2015
Hello all!

We aren’t on the spreadsheet yet, but please do add us:

- We live in London, UK, and submitted our application Outland.
- I’m a dual Canadian/Brit citizen, married to a Brit. Our daughter is also dual.
- Huz’s upfront medical was done on 18th Feb 2016.
- Application was received in Mississauga on 3rd March 2016.
- On April 14th 2016 I received an email confirming that I’d been accepted as a sponsor, although CIC eCAS still says my Sponsorship Application Status is ‘In process’.
- Huz’s application was sent to Ottawa, and began processing on 21st April according to eCAS.
- He received an email on 26th April asking for passport submission and new photos. We have 30 days to submit the package to finalise everything.
- This morning (28th April) eCAS is showing his Permanent Residence Application Status as ‘Decision Made’!!

We are in complete shock at how quickly everything has happened! Is this the quickest turnaround in the history of applications?! It hasn’t even been two months!! Is it even possible that he can have DM when the Sponsorship Application Status is showing as still processing? Or is it more likely that the DM in this case is bad news, as opposed to good?

I have some other questions, too.

First concerning CIC’s request for passport info…if huz requires a visa to enter Canada, then he needs to submit his passport; if he doesn’t require a visa then copies will do.
I assume the new eTA required for entering Canada doesn’t count as a ‘visa’ and therefore huz can send copies rather than actual passport?

Next question, regarding this info from the email:

‘Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier…’ (in our case, a year from medical is Feb 2017, and that’s earlier than passport expiry).

We are going to Nova Scotia for a holiday/recce trip in July of this year (booked before all this happened!), and because everything is happening more quickly than we expected, we don’t want huz to have to land in July. I assume this is fine, and he just leaves his CoPR at home for the July trip? Do we need to mention the CoPR/not wanting to land yet? When we’re ready to start the ‘PR clock’ ticking, we will go again and huz will land.

Phew, sorry for the long post, but any help gratefully received. We just can’t believe how smoothly this has gone. Feel very lucky, and also like maybe it’s too good to be true…is it?!

Thanks!

Kate

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Kate CP said:
Hello all!

- I’m a dual Canadian/Brit citizen, married to a Brit. Our daughter is also dual.
- On April 14th 2016 I received an email confirming that I’d been accepted as a sponsor, although CIC eCAS still says my Sponsorship Application Status is ‘In process’.
- Huz’s application was sent to Ottawa, and began processing on 21st April according to eCAS.
- He received an email on 26th April asking for passport submission and new photos. We have 30 days to submit the package to finalise everything.
- This morning (28th April) eCAS is showing his Permanent Residence Application Status as ‘Decision Made’!!

We are in complete shock at how quickly everything has happened! Is this the quickest turnaround in the history of applications?! It hasn’t even been two months!! Is it even possible that he can have DM when the Sponsorship Application Status is showing as still processing? Or is it more likely that the DM in this case is bad news, as opposed to good?

First concerning CIC’s request for passport info…if huz requires a visa to enter Canada, then he needs to submit his passport; if he doesn’t require a visa then copies will do.
I assume the new eTA required for entering Canada doesn’t count as a ‘visa’ and therefore huz can send copies rather than actual passport?

‘Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier…' (in our case, a year from medical is Feb 2017, and that’s earlier than passport expiry).

We are going to Nova Scotia for a holiday/recce trip in July of this year (booked before all this happened!), and because everything is happening more quickly than we expected, we don’t want huz to have to land in July. I assume this is fine, and he just leaves his CoPR at home for the July trip? Do we need to mention the CoPR/not wanting to land yet? When we’re ready to start the ‘PR clock’ ticking, we will go again and huz will land.

Phew, sorry for the long post, but any help gratefully received. We just can’t believe how smoothly this has gone. Feel very lucky, and also like maybe it’s too good to be true…is it?!

Thanks!

Kate
Is it normal for an application to be sent to ottawa for a british applicant living in london?

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Kate CP said:
Hello all!

‘Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier…' (in our case, a year from medical is Feb 2017, and that’s earlier than passport expiry).

Thanks!

Kate
Also looks like you have your copr coming. Real quick!

You can land later im pretty sure. So long as you tell the immigration officer you want to land later.

Though id travel with the copr anywya just in case theres a problem and he has to land.

smclintock

Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2016
We just got our SA through this week and it's been sent to the London office.

I saw on the spreadsheet that the average amount of time for processing is 9 months, but also noticed some people are saying 6 months?

Just thought I would ask what people think is the correct (approximate) length of time :)

Charno

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/02/2016
Doc's Request.
27/09/2016
AOR Received.
15/03/2016
File Transfer...
SA: 31/03/2016 AOR2: 08/04/2016
Med's Done....
14/01/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 24/10/2016
Kate CP said:
Hello all!

Thanks!

Kate
Wow, congratulations! That's amazing!
Ottawa VO is incredibly fast. A lot of people from the february thread are getting their DM this week too. If only LVO was as quick! :)

Is it even possible that he can have DM when the Sponsorship Application Status is showing as still processing?
The sponsorship status usually doesn't change on ECAS, so I wouldn't worry about that. By the looks of it, your COPR should be coming soon. ;)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Kate CP said:
Hello all!

Can't say for complete certain until you get COPR that it's positive, but 99.9999% sure it is, particularly as you've gone via Ottawa instead of London. Ottawa has really picked up the pace recently. It's highly unlikely they'd reject you outright anyway without getting in touch with you first and asking for more information... and if your application was incomplete, it would have been returned. So cautious optimism I think. :) You should have COPR in the post in a few weeks, keep an eye out for it.

Thanks!

Kate
You can land but not establish residency if you want. My husband did that. We got COPR in August 2012, did a trip in Dec 2012 where he landed but didn't establish residency, had his PR card mailed to my parents instead, and he properly moved and established residency Sept 2013. You can choose not to land at all, or you can just land and not establish residency and do the residency part later.

Read this: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada#Visiting_Canada_but_not_.22landing.22

smclintock said:
We just got our SA through this week and it's been sent to the London office.

I saw on the spreadsheet that the average amount of time for processing is 9 months, but also noticed some people are saying 6 months?

Just thought I would ask what people think is the correct (approximate) length of time :)
The spreadsheet is the best source of info. The cover sheet on the spreadsheet has some great stats, including the average time of the last 20 approvals. For London, the last 20 applications have taken an average of 11 months. The overall average which I think averages back to 2014 is 9.4 months.

I don't see you on the spreadsheet, if you want ot be added, then let me know the date the app arrived in London and where you're located and I'll add you in. :) (or one of the other editors will!)

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Keeping my fingers crossed mine gets sent to Ottawa not London. There's been a few applications from sent to DM in less than 2 months, compared to 11 months for London. I wonder if more UK applicants will start getting sent to Ottawa to help clear the delays in London.