+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Lookhout said:
Good Morning,
This is a 2 part post
Spreadsheet update please- We have received DM and just this morning received an email requesting for new passport photos and an updated passport as his expires in November.
Need advice- We have been given 30 days to submit the new photos and a copy of the renewed passport. We are thrilled our application is in the final stage however the timing is a bit concerning. We have spent the last 6 months apart, he went back to the UK to find some work while our application was being processed. He has just arrived here in Canada on a visitors visa for 5 weeks. In order for us to comply with the 30 day deadline he will have to leave Canada early to renew his passport.
My question- Does anyone know if they grant extensions to the 30 day deadline? Or has anyone had to renew their UK passport while in Canada? (website is currently quoting 4 weeks processing time for overseas passport renewals so that is not an option)
Thanks in advance.
Spreadsheet updates, congrats on DM.

As for the passport... I'm confused about why they are requesting a renewed passport. Did they ask you to have the passport renewed, or did you tell them that you did have it renewed? I'm confused by this. I've never seen someone have a request for a renewed passport unless the person had renewed their passport during the application process.

Lookhout

Sep 1, 2015
SchnookoLoly said:
Spreadsheet updates, congrats on DM.

As for the passport... I'm confused about why they are requesting a renewed passport. Did they ask you to have the passport renewed, or did you tell them that you did have it renewed? I'm confused by this. I've never seen someone have a request for a renewed passport unless the person had renewed their passport during the application process.
Thanks for the quick reply SchnookoLoly!
Below is the email we received this morning;

Dear Applicant,

Please be advised that your passport photographs are the incorrect size. Please note your passport copy we have on file expires in November of this year, please provide a copy of your updated passport.

Please see photo specification link below and provide photos within 30 days.

Kind regards,

REO

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Lookhout said:
Good Morning,
This is a 2 part post
Spreadsheet update please- We have received DM and just this morning received an email requesting for new passport photos and an updated passport as his expires in November.
Need advice- We have been given 30 days to submit the new photos and a copy of the renewed passport. We are thrilled our application is in the final stage however the timing is a bit concerning. We have spent the last 6 months apart, he went back to the UK to find some work while our application was being processed. He has just arrived here in Canada on a visitors visa for 5 weeks. In order for us to comply with the 30 day deadline he will have to leave Canada early to renew his passport.
My question- Does anyone know if they grant extensions to the 30 day deadline? Or has anyone had to renew their UK passport while in Canada? (website is currently quoting 4 weeks processing time for overseas passport renewals so that is not an option)
Thanks in advance.

Hi, I just renewed my UK passport from within Canada. Submitted and received it back in Canada in around 3 weeks.

Lookhout

Sep 1, 2015
Does anyone know what happens if you go over the 30 day deadline when requested for additional documents such as new passport photos or photo copy of your passport?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
If it were me, I'd apply for the new passport then reply to the email with proof of having applied and a note saying advertised processing time is 5 weeks (or whatever) and you'll forward it as soon as it arrives.

beavergirl905

Dec 8, 2015
Re: Thread for Outland LONDON, Further information.

Hi hoping someone can help, I am a September applicant from 2015' we today received an email from London, requesting more information on my husbands police caution in 2002.

However the email has asked for a description of events, time of events, where the caution took place, and parties involved. I'm assuming there's specific form to fill, as they already have the police clearance or do they just want me to describe events to them.

Would we email this information back To them or Do we mail a hard copy or both? Any advice please

Thanks

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
They probably want you to just describe events to them, explain clearly and succinctly without exaggeration or hyperbole what happened. State the facts, be clear and concise. There's no specific form I believe, if there were they would have quoted it.

You can usually email back unless the correspondence says otherwise.

beavergirl905

Dec 8, 2015
SchnookoLoly said:
They probably want you to just describe events to them, explain clearly and succinctly without exaggeration or hyperbole what happened. State the facts, be clear and concise. There's no specific form I believe, if there were they would have quoted it.

You can usually email back unless the correspondence says otherwise.

Thank you so much!

croydonexpat

Apr 22, 2016
Hey BeaverGirl905,

At least you know that London is looking at your Application that is a start.
From an outsider it looks as if LVO has had a bit of a slow down on apps this year.

ALLTHINGSAREPOSSIBLE

Feb 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2012
Interview........
05-2016
Good Day everyone:

I'm currently in the process of sponsoring my husband. I sent our application since 2012.

After a long battle with the visa office, my husband finally got a interview date.

We are looking for cheap flight ticket from Nigeria to Accra...any ideas?? and also a hotel close to the visa office.

Thanks in advance for the sugguestion

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
Is it possible to check sponsor approval - I read somewhere that it will say somewhere on CIC website that they are working on applications received on x date, I can't find it though?

Mary23

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
Doc's Request.
09-12-2014, 25-03-2015
Med's Request
25-03-2015, 25-05-2016
Med's Done....
First medical upfront 2014, Second med 16-04-2015, Third medical done 20-06-2016
Passport Req..
04-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
.. how long does the background check takes. My local MP office gives me an update every month since December 2015. And they keep saying security checks which is part of background check is still going on. And as far as I know the background process started since Otober 2015. My husband's second medical expired on April 18, 2016. Never received anything about new medical as well. I dont know its just been quiet from their side. As far as from our file, there is nothig concernig on it. Notes from the officer said nothing anymore is required from sponsor or applicant. Since August 2015, they have been saying its in final stage. This is such a torture, its been exact 2 years since we applied.

I also sent them an email in March about medical expiration and never received any reply back.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
ALLTHINGSAREPOSSIBLE said:
Good Day everyone:

I'm currently in the process of sponsoring my husband. I sent our application since 2012.

After a long battle with the visa office, my husband finally got a interview date.

We are looking for cheap flight ticket from Nigeria to Accra...any ideas?? and also a hotel close to the visa office.

Thanks in advance for the sugguestion
Err, did you apply through London? This thread is for applicants who applied via London, UK... I'm guessing your application is elsewhere if your husband is in Nigeria?

Crayon7 said:
Is it possible to check sponsor approval - I read somewhere that it will say somewhere on CIC website that they are working on applications received on x date, I can't find it though?
If you already have a UCI from previous dealings with CIC (like an IEC or something in the past) then at some point you can log into ECAS to check, but usually you can't check on ECAS until they email you with your UCI, and usually that email is your sponsor approval anyway.

This ist he site to check processing times: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp It no longer gives you specific processing times by visa office... the advertised time generally for spouses outside Canada is 17 months total, with sponsor approval taking 39 days (that's calendar days). The spreadsheet will give you an idea of London-specific applications.

Mary23 said:
.. how long does the background check takes. My local MP office gives me an update every month since December 2015. And they keep saying security checks which is part of background check is still going on. And as far as I know the background process started since Otober 2015. My husband's second medical expired on April 18, 2016. Never received anything about new medical as well. I dont know its just been quiet from their side. As far as from our file, there is nothig concernig on it. Notes from the officer said nothing anymore is required from sponsor or applicant. Since August 2015, they have been saying its in final stage. This is such a torture, its been exact 2 years since we applied.

I also sent them an email in March about medical expiration and never received any reply back.
Not much you can do but keep your MP involved, I think. Some background checks take longer than others, depending on a variety of factors. It's not uncommon for it to take months. Send another email about medical expiration, though, since the date has now passed.

Mary23

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
Doc's Request.
09-12-2014, 25-03-2015
Med's Request
25-03-2015, 25-05-2016
Med's Done....
First medical upfront 2014, Second med 16-04-2015, Third medical done 20-06-2016
Passport Req..
04-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
SchnookoLoly said:
Not much you can do but keep your MP involved, I think. Some background checks take longer than others, depending on a variety of factors. It's not uncommon for it to take months. Send another email about medical expiration, though, since the date has now passed.
Do you have a guess how long it could take? ...its been 8 months of background checks... also one more thing, will it be a good idea if we apply for my husband visitor visa so he can wait in Canada for PR.

My Mp office said sometimes CIC get annoyed if we do enquiry so much. However they still do it for me... i can send one more email bt they obviously know im getting an update from my MP.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Honestly, no idea. Sometimes it's quick, sometimes it's months. There are SO many factors that go into it that it's impossible to say.

However, you say that you want to apply for a visitor visa, what nationality is your husband?