+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

blink1ate2

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
andrew-brit said:
London does not issue an acknowledgement of receipt.

In the sponsor approval document you received underneath the date there is a unique client identifier (UCI). This is the UCI for the sponsor as they are one who applies for sponsor approval. You can use this UCI along with the details of the sponsor on the ECAS web page to check the status of both applications.

The principal applicant has a UCI too, but if the PA have never applied for a visa from CIC then you will not have a UCI until CIC contacts you in any way, which could be when they send you your COPR. Checking ECAS with the PA's details only shows the status of their application.

So in short use the sponsor's UCI as it gives you the status of both applications.

Also, when I received sponsor approval it took 9 days to get from Mississauga to London. I know this from a set of GCMS notes I ordered.

Thank you all of you for your responses! We were able to finally get on with your helpful FAQ, I wasn't sure if there was anything different on the PA side but now I know! ;DAnd thank you Andrew for the extra about how long it took to get to London.

BritishBob

Oct 22, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Retained in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2014
AOR Received.
21/02/2015
File Transfer...
02/02/2015
Med's Done....
06/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
02/06/2015
Well today is the day I have been waiting for COPR received!!!! So happy right now... Time to book a flight!

I plan to fly 2nd June, I will let you know how it goes!

Good luck to everyone!!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
BritishBob said:
Well today is the day I have been waiting for COPR received!!!! So happy right now... Time to book a flight!

Good luck to everyone!!
Spreadsheet updated, congrats!

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
BritishBob said:

Good luck to everyone!!
woo hoo congratulations! ;D

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
BritishBob said:

Good luck to everyone!!
Congrats on this thread too!

Awesome news ;D

Back2Victoria

Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-14-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2015
Thanks to all the senior members for managing this great forum and spreadsheet. I'm probably a good 5 months away from hearing any news but it doesn't stop me from coming here everyday to hear about the success of others.

Really pleased to see on the spreadsheet that there has been 5 decisions made in March for applications being processed in London. Without this spreadsheet I'd probably be going a little crazy with not knowing the progress.

Congratulation BritishBob!

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 16-06-2015, COPR arrived 25-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
SchnookoLoly said:
There's a chart on the cover page that shows you the averages across each of the 3 offices. London is about 8, Ottawa is about 6.5, Mississauga is just under 4.

So even "worst case" of 8ish months in London is still a pretty good result.
I know I'm grumpy due to lack of progress.... but I do think 8 months is overly optimistic for London at this point. Currently it's running a lot slower. If they were on track for that we'd be finishing August applicants right now but there are a lot of older ones still waiting. The average will slip once these start coming through.

Let's hope they get back on track soon.

BritishBob

Oct 22, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Retained in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2014
AOR Received.
21/02/2015
File Transfer...
02/02/2015
Med's Done....
06/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
02/06/2015
Thanks everyone!

I would also like to say a big thankyou to all the senior members and administrators as without your advice and spreadsheet, this process would have been a LOT harder! Keep up the good work!

canada_nz

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-5-2015
mec14 said:
I know I'm grumpy due to lack of progress.... but I do think 8 months is overly optimistic for London at this point. Currently it's running a lot slower. If they were on track for that we'd be finishing August applicants right now but there are a lot of older ones still waiting. The average will slip once these start coming through.

Let's hope they get back on track soon.
Yep. The average for Ottawa will jump well over 6.5 once we get some movement again. Very similar to the London office its almost completely stopped issuing DM's since late December/first week of Jan. A bunch of us are over 9 months now.

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
canada_nz said:
Yep. The average for Ottawa will jump well over 6.5 once we get some movement again. Very similar to the London office its almost completely stopped issuing DM's since late December/first week of Jan. A bunch of us are over 9 months now.
Agreed, the London office seems to be very slow at the moment, very disheartening. I can't imagine how those who applied three to four months before me are feeling when they are still waiting :(

I can't help thinking maybe the change of location of the offices, and the official opening by the Queen might have slowed things down.

Back2Victoria

Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-14-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2015
February looks like it was a particularly slow month for London with only 2 out of the 13 'Decisions Made'. However, January it was 6 out of the 13 from London. Looking at the 'Number of Approvals by Month' chart, even December was higher than the previous 2 Decembers. Fingers crossed for April.

When I submitted my application in November, and before I knew of this forum and spreadsheet, I took the Sponsor Approval time at 2 months and the Application processing time of 12 months, as posted on the CIC website at the time, for my estimate. So I didn't ever have any expectations that it would be less than 14 months. Seeing the averages on the spreadsheet does give me a glimmer of hope that I will be home for Christmas.

There also seemed to be a spike for the London Processing Office with 18 new applications in January 2014 and 17 in February 2014 compared to 5 in July and 2 in August . So if this is the trend let's hope that those that submitted in the summer months will move through quickly once started.

Looking at the 'Number of Approvals by Month' chart, the start of the year doesn't appear to be too bad. Let's just hope for one of those big spikes.

Tashyv

Apr 27, 2013
I have just received my decision in the post with my COPR certificate! So excited!
Thank you so much for all your help in answering crazy panicky questions and such an amazing spreadsheet and FAQ list! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

andyb2404

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London (kept in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-02-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 27th 2015
LANDED..........
April 4th 2015
Tashyv said:
I have just received my decision in the post with my COPR certificate! So excited!
Thank you so much for all your help in answering crazy panicky questions and such an amazing spreadsheet and FAQ list! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Congrats!!!! It's a great feeling to have. The best feeling is yet to come!!! When they welcome you as a PR when you land yourself... It's an incredible feeling that only compares to getting married, it's such a rush of emotion and excitement!!'

andyb2404

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London (kept in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-02-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 27th 2015
LANDED..........
April 4th 2015
So I completed my landing a few hours ago at Peace Bridge, Fort Erie. I decided to post my experience as I know some of you were asking about it.

So it was all a Very simple and easy process.
Once I arrived at the front line officer I informed him I needed to land as a PR. He checked over my passport really quickly and filled out a piece of paper and sent me over to park the car and go into one of the buildings.
Once inside I was welcomed and directed by another officer who let me know which desk to go and line up at.
I was seen straight away and handed the officer, my passport, COPR and the piece of paper the officer outside gave to me.
He welcomed me and asked me a little bit about how my day was going and filling in time with small talk.
Once he pulled me up on his computer I was asked 4 questions:
1) is all the information on the COPR correct?
2) is the address on the COPR the correct mailing address?
3) Have I ever committed and been charged for any crimes in Canada?
4) Do I have any dependants?

After answering these questions, the officer asked me to sign my COPR, he then signed the COPR and congratulated me on become a PR of Canada. He informed me of my rights as a resident, gave me some info on how to obtain health care and getting my SIN set up.

He then brought over another officer who went through my "B4" form (importing goods into Canada)
I had nothing with me but they said if there is anything back in the UK that I may one day want to bring to Canada I should include it on the B4 form as it's the only chance an immigrant has to bring their personal items into Canada tax and duty free.

When landing as a PR all the officers are really nice, very helpful and totally different than when you are arriving a visitor or anything else. They were laughing and cracking jokes, it was all very relaxed but yet still thorough.
The whole landing process took around 20 -25 minutes then we left and headed home.

Once again a huge thank you to the seniors on here for all their help and the all the hard work they put into the spreadsheets and answering people's questions on the forums!!!

Mar 2, 2015
Hey Guy's haven't been on in a while. I have a question, I am planning on flying back to Canada in the middle of June to start setting things up, my wife will fly to her parents in Poland with the 2 kids to live until she arrives in Canada. We will no longer have an address in Dublin. We have not gotten our COPR yet but we can't wait any longer. Obviously we will have to send a change of address to the VAC in London, my question is will they need to transfer her PR app. to the Warsaw VAC. while she resides in Poland or will they continue the application in London and send the COPR to her Polish address?