+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
SchnookoLoly said:
Landing and moving are two different things, I think you are confused.

COPR will only be valid for 12 months from your medical or when your passport expires, whichever comes first. That is simply for you to show up at a Canadian border and activate your PR. You can turn around and leave on the next plane if you want, but your residency clock starts ticking the moment you land.

In our case, meds were done on 13 December 2011. Application was sent January 2012. COPR was issued in August 2012 with an expiry date of 12 December 2012. We landed on 8 December 2012, stayed for two weeks, then went back to the UK. We came to Canada for 2 weeks in June to job-hunt. The border agent noticed my husband was a PR, but we said we were just coming for two weeks and not establishing residency yet. We moved permanently in September 2013.

It's important to understand the difference between landing and actually moving, as well as understanding when the residency clock actually starts ticking.

My husbands medical has expired and his passport is valid for another 9 years .My impression was that he will receive his Corp in the mail and it will have a date on it to land in Canada . He could come land by that date get his landing papers, then go back to the U.K. He could then come back to Canada ,move at that time. As long as he comes before the date on his corp expired. I am totally off base?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
taffy7 said:
My husbands medical has expired and his passport is valid for another 9 years .My impression was that he will receive his Corp in the mail and it will have a date on it to land in Canada . He could come land by that date get his landing papers, then go back to the U.K. He could then come back to Canada ,move at that time. As long as he comes before the date on his corp expired. The residency starts form the time he actually moves here not when he lands. I am totally off base?
If his medical has expired but his passport is still valid, then CIC will:
1) Request he get a new medical
2) Decide to extend his medical by a certain amount of time
3) Contact him when they are ready to issue COPR to see if he can land in a short time window

Either way, the COPR will have an expiry date on it, he will have to land by that date. The COPR is his landing paper, he doesn't come to land and then get new landing papers. COPR *is* what he needs to land. That will be posted to you.

He doesn't have to MOVE to Canada immediately. He can get his COPR, land, then turn around and go straight back to the UK. Or he can move with his COPR. Up to him.

But the residency clock starts WHEN HE LANDS, and not when he decides to move.

In my example above, my husband's clock started ticking on 8 December 2012, the date he landed. He got about 2 weeks right after landing, another 2 weeks in June, then nearly everything from September onwards, except for a handful of holidays out of the country.

Make no mistake about it, the clock starts WHEN HE LANDS... NOT when he moves, and he's got 5 years from WHEN HE LANDS, NOT 5 years to the expiry date on his PR card either! (e.g., my husband's PR card expires in April 2018... but his 5 year window is from December 2012 to December 2017. The fact that the card expires in April 2018 is irrelevant to his 5-year window.)

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Yes i understand he don't get a second landing papers . I just didn't explain to clearly.When i came in 1986 my medical was done in October 1985 at the London office itself. At that time they stamped my papers and said i had to land by August 1986. I landed January 1986.They didn't give me a year after my medicals or when my passport expired,but that was a long time ago.

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
Hi Everyone,

A disappointing update for us - we have been In Process since Jan 15th and heard nothing so I requested notes a month ago worrying that they were waiting for something that we didn't know about, and it turns out they were. Jan 27th they sent a letter requesting more info on my husband's non accompanying dependant. I'm not sure where this letter was sent though as we did not receive...maybe it went to his son but he's not admitting it if it did! CIC are asking for further information on the reprimand on his police certificate....on his police certificate it lists one offence: Possess controlled drug Class B - Cannabis Resin, Disposal - Reprimand.

So I guess they just want to know exactly what happened. I've sent a case specific enquiry to London explaining that we did not receive the letter and explaining what happened. I haven't heard back yet.

Anyone have any experience with this? Do we think London will just resend the letter and want a more complete explanation? Do you think this might really cause us a problem?

Thanks

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
Same thing happened to me. The requested a copy of my marriage certificate mid January but I never received this. Honestly I don't think they even sent the request. Only found out they requested it when I received a copy of my notes in March.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
CanadianInUK said:
Hi Everyone,

A disappointing update for us - we have been In Process since Jan 15th and heard nothing so I requested notes a month ago worrying that they were waiting for something that we didn't know about, and it turns out they were. Jan 27th they sent a letter requesting more info on my husband's non accompanying dependant. I'm not sure where this letter was sent though as we did not receive...maybe it went to his son but he's not admitting it if it did! CIC are asking for further information on the reprimand on his police certificate....on his police certificate it lists one offence: Possess controlled drug Class B - Cannabis Resin, Disposal - Reprimand.

So I guess they just want to know exactly what happened. I've sent a case specific enquiry to London explaining that we did not receive the letter and explaining what happened. I haven't heard back yet.

Anyone have any experience with this? Do we think London will just resend the letter and want a more complete explanation? Do you think this might really cause us a problem?

Thanks

On his police certificate did it say no LIVE trace .. They are looking for an explanation or any records that you may be able to get your hands on to prove what went down... Email them with the information.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
SchnookoLoly said:
Not necessarily. There was someone on here awhile back who moved back to Iran from London to wait out the rest of his COPR, and CIC transferred the file when he confirmed he moved. However, that guy was Iranian and just resident in London. So if OP's wife is Polish and then living in Poland, then it's likely that the application will be transferred to Warsaw. However, if OP's wife is British and just chilling out in Poland, then the app will probably stay in London. (However, CIC reserves the right to transfer it based on residency changing to Poland.)
Incorrect. From his posts, saeedar's file was not transferred to Ankara, nor was he even residing in London. CIC communicated to him that if he was in Iran, his visa would be issued by Ankara. This doesn't mean that his file was transferred to Ankara; it means that he would send his passport to Ankara for visa stamping instead of to London.

CIC does not transfer files when people move country and there is virtually no chance that this other person's app will be transferred to Warsaw.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
canuck_in_uk said:
Incorrect. From his posts, saeedar's file was not transferred to Ankara, nor was he even residing in London. CIC communicated to him that if he was in Iran, his visa would be issued by Ankara. This doesn't mean that his file was transferred to Ankara; it means that he would send his passport to Ankara for visa stamping instead of to London.

CIC does not transfer files when people move country and there is virtually no chance that this other person's app will be transferred to Warsaw.
Ahhhh I had misremembered, thanks for correcting me! :) Muchos appreciated.

OP - sorry for the confusion / bad info!

jmomcc

Star Member
May 29, 2014
We applied at the end of October (we are on the spreadsheet) and got sponsor approval in January. There has been no further progress on ECAS except for app received on 'date' and medical received. I'm guessing that is normal? I notice that other applications going through Ottawa on the spreadsheet are also not moving.

Anyway, my other question is.. my medical expires in July. Is there anything I should do or do I just wait for them to send word? I might be in Canada in July but I'd rather do a medical here in Korea.

CanadaCanary

Mar 15, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
AOR Received.
30-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-01-2016
Hey everyone!

Hope your all well! I'm currently on holiday back in London.

Anyways, could I please be added to the spreadsheet?

-Date application received in Mississauga : April 1st 2015
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law : Married
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt : Not sure what this means, but I'm in Canada on an IEC visa and currently waiting for my POE for my second one.
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific! Vancouver, BC.
-Other : Did meds Feb 27th, paid all fees before hand, no dependants

Cheers
Greg

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
jmomcc said:
We applied at the end of October (we are on the spreadsheet) and got sponsor approval in January. There has been no further progress on ECAS except for app received on 'date' and medical received. I'm guessing that is normal? I notice that other applications going through Ottawa on the spreadsheet are also not moving.

Anyway, my other question is.. my medical expires in July. Is there anything I should do or do I just wait for them to send word? I might be in Canada in July but I'd rather do a medical here in Korea.
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ#My_medicals_are_going_to_expire._Should_I_contact_CIC.3F :)

CanadaCanary said:
Hey everyone!

Hope your all well! I'm currently on holiday back in London.

Anyways, could I please be added to the spreadsheet?

-Date application received in Mississauga : April 1st 2015
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law : Married
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt : Not sure what this means, but I'm in Canada on an IEC visa and currently waiting for my POE for my second one.
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific! Vancouver, BC.
-Other : Did meds Feb 27th, paid all fees before hand, no dependants

Cheers
Greg
All added! Non-visa exempt means whether or not you are from a country that requires a visa to enter Canada. If you are British or Irish, for example, you do not require a visa to enter Canada as a visitor, whereas if you are Indian or Pakistani or Russian then you do require a visa. :) Good luck!

Jan 23, 2015
Hi all,

Today i got my Email for SA Approval and my application got sent to Ottawa,

I did take over two weeks to get SA and i had to email them this morning for any information as i as getting worried.(I do understand was Easter break)

I have read through the spreadsheet and not many people in 2014 got processed through Ottawa, so i was wondering if anyone has any feedback on their experience

One quick question also, i have just given birth to our beautiful little girl and i have already applied for her proof of Canadian citizenship and about to send off for her temp Canadian passport. I have emailed Ottawa explain all this, do you think i need to add her to my husbands PR application as my daughter will be classed as Canadian

Thanks Cassandra

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Cassandra_1982 said:
Hi all,

Today i got my Email for SA Approval and my application got sent to Ottawa,

I did take over two weeks to get SA and i had to email them this morning for any information as i as getting worried.(I do understand was Easter break)

I have read through the spreadsheet and not many people in 2014 got processed through ottawa, so i was wondering if anyone has any feedback on their experience

Thanks Cassandra
Spreadsheet updated. Looking at the 2014 tab you can see that 31 applications were held in Ottawa.

Jan 23, 2015
Yea i saw that but alot of the Ottawa applications are staying white :( so i don't know if thats due to members in activeness or just the processing times

thanks for the update

Nabsnunu

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
Doc's Request.
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2014
File Transfer...
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
04-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2015
I had a quick question. Our application was held in Ottawa and we nearing the 7 month mark. I have noticed that there has been a constant theme with regards to proof of intent requests coming from Ottawa recently. Does that request come through to the sponsor's email address or the principal applicants'? I did some research but couldn't see if this had been answered already - apologies if it has. Thank you.