+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Nabsnunu said:
I had a quick question. Our application was held in Ottawa and we nearing the 7 month mark. I have noticed that there has been a constant theme with regards to proof of intent requests coming from Ottawa recently. Does that request come through to the sponsor's email address or the principal applicants'? I did some research but couldn't see if this had been answered already - apologies if it has. Thank you.

When they requested it f I'm us they sent an email to me (the applicant).im not sure though if this is always the case?

kks1234

Oct 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Hi

I have just been reading the posts re the length of time you have before initially landing in Canada and am getting a bit confused.

My family and i all live in Edinburgh and were planning to move on 10 Nov after my husbands work contract ends here.

Our meds were done Aug 6 2014 and our application is probably due to be processed within the next couple of months now.

It won't be possible for us to go to Canada before Nov so is it likely that when our application is processed we will only have until 6 Aug to initially get to Canada?

If so is there any advice on what I could do to get the initial landing date extended to 10 Nov?

Many thanks in advance

Kks

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
kks1234 said:
Hi

I have just been reading the posts re the length of time you have before initially landing in Canada and am getting a bit confused.

My family and i all live in Edinburgh and were planning to move on 10 Nov after my husbands work contract ends here.

Our meds were done Aug 6 2014 and our application is probably due to be processed within the next couple of months now.

It won't be possible for us to go to Canada before Nov so is it likely that when our application is processed we will only have until 6 Aug to initially get to Canada?

If so is there any advice on what I could do to get the initial landing date extended to 10 Nov?

Many thanks in advance

Kks
The date on the copr can't be changed. Your husband may have to make a short trip over to activate, then come back to the UK until November. Plan for that. (Of course if your application takes longer then CIC may choose to extend copr to allow for the processing delay.)

kks1234

Oct 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
The date on the copr can't be changed. Your husband may have to make a short trip over to activate, then come back to the UK until November. Plan for that. (Of course if your application takes longer then CIC may choose to extend copr to allow for the processing delay.)
Thanks, do you know if there is any pre-emptive action I can take to get a date of November for our copr for when it is granted such as contact London office and provide proof of flights for nov etc.

I assume our case has not had anything done to it at all as yet - we are still application received.

Also if the quick trip mentioned above is necessary do you know if all applicants will have to go and land in Canada (I have a 2 year old daughter) or just my husband the principle applicant?

Thanks

kks

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
kks1234 said:
Thanks, do you know if there is any pre-emptive action I can take to get a date of November for our copr for when it is granted such as contact London office and provide proof of flights for nov etc.

I assume our case has not had anything done to it at all as yet - we are still application received.

Also if the quick trip mentioned above is necessary do you know if all applicants will have to go and land in Canada (I have a 2 year old daughter) or just my husband the principle applicant?

Thanks

kks
It's unlikely, but I suppose you can try. CIC may ask you to get a new medical or somtehing like that - your medical is only valid for one year. CIC might choose to extend it, or they might ask you to get a new one, or they might just say tough sh*t. Drop them an email and hope for the best, but in the meantime plan for your husband to have to go over before August (of course, don't buy flights until you have COPR in hand!).

The only people who have to go are the people who need to land. If your 2yo daughter is Canadian then she doesn't have to go, nor do yo uas the sponsor. However if your daughter is also being sponsored, then yes, she has to go to land as well. Any non-Canadians have to go and cross in person.

kks1234

Oct 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
It's unlikely, but I suppose you can try. CIC may ask you to get a new medical or somtehing like that - your medical is only valid for one year. CIC might choose to extend it, or they might ask you to get a new one, or they might just say tough sh*t. Drop them an email and hope for the best, but in the meantime plan for your husband to have to go over before August (of course, don't buy flights until you have COPR in hand!).

The only people who have to go are the people who need to land. If your 2yo daughter is Canadian then she doesn't have to go, nor do yo uas the sponsor. However if your daughter is also being sponsored, then yes, she has to go to land as well. Any non-Canadians have to go and cross in person.
Thanks for the advice I have emailed asking if there's any chance of a later date on the COPR and offered to get new medicals if required. Unfortunately I'm Canadian by descent so my daughter is not a citizen and is on the application which makes the though of just flying there and back to cross the boarder a lot more daunting when it involves taking a 2 year old! We had hoped to only have to make the journey once.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
kks1234 said:
Thanks for the advice I have emailed asking if there's any chance of a later date on the COPR and offered to get new medicals if required. Unfortunately I'm Canadian by descent so my daughter is not a citizen and is on the application which makes the though of just flying there and back to cross the boarder a lot more daunting when it involves taking a 2 year old! We had hoped to only have to make the journey once.
As I said, see what they respond. If you don't hear back then you'll have to prepare for your husband and daughter to make the trip over to land. It's annoying, yeah, but once COPR is issued you won't be able to get the date changed, so you may have to just suck it up and do the landing earlier than you had planned. Inconvenient, but not the end of the world in the grand scheme of things. Hopefully they will give you the date you want, but prepare for the worst case scenario and be relieved and pleasantly surprised if it does go your way. :)

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)
What is the email if you have to ask LVO about something .?? also is case specific inquiry better or emailing them.???

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Links for contacting London are in the FAQ linked in my signature.

Pick either an email or a case-specific email form through the website. If you haven't heard after a week or so then use the other method.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Cassandra_1982 said:
One quick question also, i have just given birth to our beautiful little girl and i have already applied for her proof of Canadian citizenship and about to send off for her temp Canadian passport. I have emailed Ottawa explain all this, do you think i need to add her to my husbands PR application as my daughter will be classed as Canadian
Your child is Canadian and will not need to be added to your husband's app.

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Dear Senior members ,

I ordered notes, but I got the exact physical files* copy which we sent, (I think I made a mistake somewhere while ordering notes, in my view i chose the wrong option, could it be the reason? or notes are generally like this...)

So If I would like to order notes , I have one query what to select when filling the online form

What type of information would you like to request? (a or b)

a..Notes in Electronic file
b....Physical file

* There was just one additional paper in the Physical file and that too in the beginning however it was almost blank info. , except file number and VO office written on it...

Nabsnunu

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
Doc's Request.
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2014
File Transfer...
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
04-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2015
KarlR said:
When they requested it f I'm us they sent an email to me (the applicant).im not sure though if this is always the case?
Great, thank you

Dec 23, 2014
I have a slightly unusual question/ predicament.

My boyfriend is a 2nd year Millwright apprentice. He does 2 months of schooling each year. During this time the company he works for lays him off so he can receive EI. This is the standard practise when it comes to apprentices. I've just remembered this.

He goes to School again in May. We don't have our SA yet... am I correct in thinking that he can't apply for EI for the two months he is in school? Or can he as it's not 'social assistance'

Would CIC be informed that he has put a file in for EI? He will continue working In late June.

I think the wording is that a sponsor can't be on 'social Assistance' so this would be welfare. Does employment insurance come under social assistance?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
PurpleJellyBean said:
I think the wording is that a sponsor can't be on 'social Assistance' so this would be welfare. Does employment insurance come under social assistance?
EI is not social assistance, it's an insurance scheme. It's perfectly fine to collect it while sponsoring a spouse.

Tashyv

Apr 27, 2013
Good Day,

As I have been going around in circles on the website I was wondering if anyone can let me know the number to the London offices?
Reason being, when i applied for my PR I was recently divorced and in canada so my last name had to remain the same since my passport and everything else was still in my married name. Now i am in the UK just received my COPR and was hoping that I could now finally change that, my passport and all other documents back to my maiden name.
If anyone either has any other suggestions for me to do this or can tell me roughly how long it may take to alter that would also help. I am hoping to land in ^ weeks!

Thank you in advance!