+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
acg said:
Which instructions are you referring to? I never came across that (and yes, I read them quite clearly - specifically the country-specific instructions for Western Europe).
I can't find it now offhand and can't be assed going through all the forms individually to pick it out, haha. I just know from reading and researching and generally being around for nearly 4 years that you are not supposed to send staples or paperclips. As canuck_in_uk said, the officers will organize your application to however they want it organized - if they have to attach your whole application to remove 500 staples, I'd bet your application is getting relegated to the bottom of the pile.

Using 4-5 alligator clips is probably just fine (we did that to split the app into 5 sections: sponsor forms, sponsor supporting documents, applicant forms, applicant supporting documents, appendices) as that's not arduous to remove. But using a load of paperclips, staples, etc, introduces quite a bit more manual work.

The looser the better.

marianneg

Mar 19, 2015
Hi everyone

I submitted an application to sponsor my husband in August 2014. My status online changed to "Decision Made" over 2 weeks ago but my husband still hasn't heard anything. Does anyone have any feedback on how long this part would usually take? We're on pins and needles over here!

Thanks!

acg

Feb 14, 2015
SchnookoLoly said:
I can't find it now offhand and can't be assed going through all the forms individually to pick it out, haha. I just know from reading and researching and generally being around for nearly 4 years that you are not supposed to send staples or paperclips. As canuck_in_uk said, the officers will organize your application to however they want it organized - if they have to attach your whole application to remove 500 staples, I'd bet your application is getting relegated to the bottom of the pile.

Using 4-5 alligator clips is probably just fine (we did that to split the app into 5 sections: sponsor forms, sponsor supporting documents, applicant forms, applicant supporting documents, appendices) as that's not arduous to remove. But using a load of paperclips, staples, etc, introduces quite a bit more manual work.

The looser the better.
Yeah, of course that makes sense that it's more effort for them if they have to take them all out - but unfortunately I didn't come across this forum until after I had submitted my application. It actually doesn't say anywhere in the current official instructions on the CIC website not to use staples or paperclips; so I didn't just "get lucky".

prairiegirl22

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (via UK)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
File Transfer...
12-12-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 27-08-15, COPR: 20-11-15
SchnookoLoly said:
There's a question on this in the FAQ - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ#We_are_applying_as_Common-Law_partners.2C_but_we_are_living_separately._What_are_the_implications_of_this.3F

It sounds like you SHOULD be fine. CIC may request evidence of continuing cohabitation, in which case you provide evidence up until you moved and evidence of your ongoing relationship, then evidence of your partner's plans to move to Canada with or without PR. You're well outside the initial 12 months so you SHOULD be okay. :)
great thanks. Yes I read this earlier and feel it was more applicable to the time you're applying. We simply aren't married :p I will bombard them with articulate strong evidence and understand if they re-request more evidence of our everlasting coupledom if they are worried about our 2 month separation, which is happening out of the pure necessity of setting up life as best as possible

DPParmar

Jan 21, 2015
Surrey, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2015
Doc's Request.
22/09/2015
AOR Received.
25/04/2015
File Transfer...
04/05/2015 (In Process)
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Passport Req..
19-11-2015 (DM on ECAS)
princesstigger said:
I was scared to use anything, so although it bugged the hell out of my need to organise, I sent it all loose, in a Canadpost box!
SchnookoLoly said:

The looser the better.
Tell me about it! I removed all the paperclips...except for 1! 8)

And instead of alligator clips, we had separate envelopes for each section, all labeled including table of contents, cover sheets and coloured sticky tabs/post its!

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
DPParmar said:
Tell me about it! I removed all the paperclips...except for 1! 8)

And instead of alligator clips, we had separate envelopes for each section, all labeled including table of contents, cover sheets and coloured sticky tabs/post its!
Lol, I love coloured post its/tabs... I had those on it up until I sent it, when I removed them all! I did include excel spreadsheets to correlate all our evidence ie: boarding passes, photos etc..

canada_nz

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-5-2015
Hi
Re: the paperclips I just wanted to add that I vigorously went through all the documents when I applied (July 2014) and there was no mention/requests to NOT use them. I had recalled that previous Canadian passport/citizenship/UK work visa applications I had submitted in the past had mentioned not using any binding materials (staples, clips) but this must now have been changed. There is no mention they aren't allowed.

THAT BEING SAID…my application still sits in Ottawa with no movement (other than SA approval and additional docs requested in December) so maybe I am being punished. HaHa.

I am really p*ssed that Ottawa is going so slow. Its annoying people who applied in December whose apps got sent to Mississauga are getting Decision Made. I was patient for months but I'm starting to feel very frustrated. Coming up on 9 months now. Im now pregnant with our second child and really hope we can move before he/she is born in Sept. We have to give our work 3 months notice here and medicals expire July 1st. URGH.

mccolldave

Feb 17, 2015
Hi all,

I just submitted my application for spouse visa yesterday!!

Will I receive an email from CIC confirming receipt or will I now not hear anything until we get Sponsor Approval?

Thanks!!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
mccolldave said:
Hi all,

I just submitted my application for spouse visa yesterday!!

Will I receive an email from CIC confirming receipt or will I now not hear anything until we get Sponsor Approval?

Thanks!!
Expect to get Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) in about 78 days. 78 days is the processing time for stage 1 found here.

Once you have AOR expect to wait anywhere from a day to 2 weeks for Sponsor Approval.

Sit tight!

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
I'm brand new to the forum but just had a question about what to expect after the request for the RFPF fee and Medical? Is the wait time typical a year +?

We used a representative to file our paperwork. While we filed for family class sponsorship in the UK, the requests and approvals are coming from Mississauga? Seems strange...)

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: London/Mississauga
App. Filed.......: December 15, 2014
App. Recd.......: December 19, 2014
AOR Received.: February 27, 2015
Sponsorship Approval: March 17, 2015
RFPF Req: March 17, 2015
Med's Request: March 17, 2015
Med's Done....: March 19, 2015

(sorry I'm a total newb, so I am probably messing up the lingo or format)

Kind of sharing and kind of hoping for some answers. What do I expect from here? How long after the medical (approximately) should this take? The processing times are still showing 29 months for the London office :(

The plan was to withdraw our out of country application on March 23 and resubmit in country to take advantage of the open work Permit announced December 22, that was until we go the request for the medical.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
canada_nz said:
Hi
Re: the paperclips I just wanted to add that I vigorously went through all the documents when I applied (July 2014) and there was no mention/requests to NOT use them. I had recalled that previous Canadian passport/citizenship/UK work visa applications I had submitted in the past had mentioned not using any binding materials (staples, clips) but this must now have been changed. There is no mention they aren't allowed.

THAT BEING SAID...my application still sits in Ottawa with no movement (other than SA approval and additional docs requested in December) so maybe I am being punished. HaHa.

I am really p*ssed that Ottawa is going so slow. Its annoying people who applied in December whose apps got sent to Mississauga are getting Decision Made. I was patient for months but I'm starting to feel very frustrated. Coming up on 9 months now. Im now pregnant with our second child and really hope we can move before he/she is born in Sept. We have to give our work 3 months notice here and medicals expire July 1st. URGH.
I feel your pain as we're in an identical position with Ottawa. Its that frustration that if your application had been one of the lucky ones kept in Mississagua it would probably be done and dusted months ago!

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I just read the spreadsheet. Its pretty reassuring. ;D

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
kettle said:
I'm brand new to the forum but just had a question about what to expect after the request for the RFPF fee and Medical? Is the wait time typical a year +?

We used a representative to file our paperwork. While we filed for family class sponsorship in the UK, the requests and approvals are coming from Mississauga? Seems strange...)

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: London/Mississauga
App. Filed.......: December 15, 2014
App. Recd.......: December 19, 2014
AOR Received.: February 27, 2015
Sponsorship Approval: March 17, 2015
RFPF Req: March 17, 2015
Med's Request: March 17, 2015
Med's Done....: March 19, 2015

(sorry I'm a total newb, so I am probably messing up the lingo or format)

Kind of sharing and kind of hoping for some answers. What do I expect from here? How long after the medical (approximately) should this take? The processing times are still showing 29 months for the London office :(

The plan was to withdraw our out of country application on March 23 and resubmit in country to take advantage of the open work Permit announced December 22, that was until we go the request for the medical.
Dear god dont withdraw your application for inland! It may well be that it is being kept in Mississagua for the full processing. As I was saying above those apps kept in Missisagua have been flying through. Some others who applied at a similar time as you, and whose applications were kept in Mississagua have already had a decision made. You could be one of the very lucky ones.

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
brucem said:
Dear god dont withdraw your application for inland! It may well be that it is being kept in Mississagua for the full processing. As I was saying above those apps kept in Missisagua have been flying through. Some others who applied at a similar time as you, and whose applications were kept in Mississagua have already had a decision made. You could be one of the very lucky ones.
:) I definitely had a chuckle over your reply! Thanks! This is incredibly reassuring! and I can certainly be a lot more hopeful!

We've been together in Canada for 5 years until recently, common-law for just over two before his final visa expired. He's currently in the UK but is intending to come back as a visitor in a week. (We were going to re apply based on the fact our consultants advice) I am *HOPING* that he doesn't get refused entry at the border, as there was a kerfuffle last time he came over in January after our trip to the UK for Christmas. He was given 40 days and had to return to the UK. This time he will be bringing his letter from CIC which actually has a typo and states he has an in country application in progress. So hopefully that will work for him. Fingers crossed.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
kettle said:
:) I definitely had a chuckle over your reply! Thanks! This is incredibly reassuring! and I can certainly be a lot more hopeful!

We've been together in Canada for 5 years until recently, common-law for just over two before his final visa expired. He's currently in the UK but is intending to come back as a visitor in a week. (We were going to re apply based on the fact our consultants advice) I am *HOPING* that he doesn't get refused entry at the border, as there was a kerfuffle last time he came over in January after our trip to the UK for Christmas. He was given 40 days and had to return to the UK. This time he will be bringing his letter from CIC which actually has a typo and states he has an in country application in progress. So hopefully that will work for him. Fingers crossed.
Please dont listen to your consultant! They often give people terrible advice and this forum is littered with examples. Remember if you were to apply inland it involves re-doing the whole application, plus the work permit would take a likely minimum of 4 months from sending your app. (although even this isnt certain yet - could be longer). Then the PR app takes at the moment anywhere between 2-3 years. If your partner has to leave Canada during the process and is denied entry then the app is cancelled. Plus think of it from the consultants point of view....3-6 months of work or 2-3 years....hmmm I'll try and persuade them to apply inland *evil laugh*!