+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
kettle said:
The police clearance is a week old as of today, so that's at least a silver lining.
We did provide proof of cohabitation, mail, but not bills as they are all in my name, a joint auto insurance policy, and life insurance.declaring the other half as a beneficiary also proof of bank accounts, but did not provide notarized letters because she didn't ask for them and the SO and I put our trust in her knowledge of the process and didn't double check she was asking for the correct information.

This just keeps getting worse, the more I dig into it. I will make some enquiries tomorrow and see if anyone can do up the letters for us.
If it were me I'd be fuming at my lawyer... seriously, this is Grade A Incompetence. Canuck_in_UK has answered the majority of your questions, so I'm not going to repeat most of it as his answers are all spot-on.

For the letter, if you go back into the FAQ, find the part about providing letters, and there's a link to a template that a few people have used and they have felt it helpful. Ensures all the correct info is captured, but also allows for writing in their own words. Any notary can sign them; if they're done in the UK, lawyers are only allowed to charge a fiver per copy, so one copy of two declarations should cost you ten quid. (We got two copies done of each of the two letters just to be safe.)

I would also suggest reading through the checklist yourself and seeing if your dipshit lawyer missed anything else. As C_UK said, don't bother having your lawyer send off anything for you anymore, just send it to CIC yourself. I highly recommend you sack the lawyer... although on reflection you'd then have to notify CIC about it as presumably further requests are coming via the lawyer... hmmm....

Others on here, what do you think? Should kettle just hang onto the lawyer for correspondence etc, or should she sack the lawyer and inform CIC of it?

Szymon said:
We used a lawyers too - was just going through this and saw the requirement that the police certificate needs to be less than 3 months old. My certificate is from end of June and application was received on the 5th November. Whats the best thing to do now? Is it to wait for CIC to request this to be updated or is it best to request a new police certificate now and send it to the Visa Office ourselves?
Send off for a new one now and send it yourself. 99.99% chance it's going to be requested, so just get the new one sent. It will take 3ish weeks for it to arrive.

Tashyv

Apr 27, 2013
Good day!

I was briefly reading on this thread and saw a few people write about getting a request for their address and that meaning it looks like they are nearing the end of the processing of your application?
Just wondering since March 9th my lawyer messaged me as the VO wanted my current residential address. Could it be possible that they may be nearing the end also or since I have a lawyer will the COPR be sent to them? Is it posted or emailed?

Thanks!Hope you are all hanging in there!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Tashyv said:
Good day!

I was briefly reading on this thread and saw a few people write about getting a request for their address and that meaning it looks like they are nearing the end of the processing of your application?
Just wondering since March 9th my lawyer messaged me as the VO wanted my current residential address. Could it be possible that they may be nearing the end also or since I have a lawyer will the COPR be sent to them? Is it posted or emailed?

Thanks!Hope you are all hanging in there!
When did you apply and which office is your app at? (Haven't looked to see if you're on the spreadsheet, if you're not then it would be great to add you!)

Tashyv

Apr 27, 2013
SchnookoLoly said:
When did you apply and which office is your app at? (Haven't looked to see if you're on the spreadsheet, if you're not then it would be great to add you!)
Hey There,

I applied on April 14, Sponsorship approved on June 18, ECAS said in process February 27th
then the current residential address was requested on March 9th

Just had a quick check I am on the spreadsheet, I couldn't remember!

blink1ate2

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Others on here, what do you think? Should kettle just hang onto the lawyer for correspondence etc, or should she sack the lawyer and inform CIC of it?
Please correct me if I am wrong but if the application was incomplete and they weren't going forward the CIC would have not requested the RFPF fee? You must pay this fee before CIC issues the PM visa. It is not mandatory to pay this up front but is better to because it will delay your application.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
blink1ate2 said:
Please correct me if I am wrong but if the application was incomplete and they weren't going forward the CIC would have not requested the RFPF fee? You must pay this fee before CIC issues the PM visa. It is not mandatory to pay this up front but is better to because it will delay your application.
CIC requests the fee when they are about to start processing, not when they are ready to issue the the PR visa. The fee paid is for PROCESSING the application, not issuing the visa. So the fee has to be paid before CIC will really look at the application, though they'll often request missing docs at the same time.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Tashyv said:
Hey There,

I applied on April 14, Sponsorship approved on June 18, ECAS said in process February 27th
then the current residential address was requested on March 9th

Just had a quick check I am on the spreadsheet, I couldn't remember!
Probably a good sign then that they are ready to issue based on the timeline, they sometimes confirm the address before they send it out. Fingers crossed, and keep an eye on the post!

blink1ate2

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
CIC requests the fee when they are about to start processing, not when they are ready to issue the the PR visa. The fee paid is for PROCESSING the application, not issuing the visa. So the fee has to be paid before CIC will really look at the application, though they'll often request missing docs at the same time.

This is straight off the website - which is why I thought otherwise:

The principal applicant and accompanying spouse or common‑law partner must pay the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF).

These fees must be paid before the visa is issued if a favourable decision is made. This fee can be paid either when the permanent residence application is submitted or at any time during processing. Paying the RPRF when the application is submitted will not accelerate processing, but it will simplify the procedure by eliminating the need for us to contact you to request payment once the application has been processed

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Yes, paying it up front means that CIC doesn't have to contact you - I'm well aware of that. Not sure what you're arguing here? Requesting the fee doesn't mean you've been approved, it just means CIC is being paid for the work they're doing on your application. They will NOT issue the PR until the fee has been paid, but they may start processing. Often they start processing and request the fee at the same time.

blink1ate2

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Yes, paying it up front means that CIC doesn't have to contact you - I'm well aware of that. Not sure what you're arguing here? Requesting the fee doesn't mean you've been approved, it just means CIC is being paid for the work they're doing on your application. They will NOT issue the PR until the fee has been paid, but they may start processing. Often they start processing and request the fee at the same time.
I am not arguing at all?? I just think that you are incorrect on this one occasion.

It clearly states on the website they will request the fee if a favourable decision has been made. Why would they request the fee if they were going to deny? Plus her application is in Mississauga, which means they have probably made the decision.

Also there is a principle applicant fee that you DO have to pay up front and that is for processing.

You were asking if others thought she should sack her lawyer, I think that her application is being processed and if they wanted more docs (such as more proof of common law) they would have asked for them.

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
blink1ate2 said:
I am not arguing at all?? I just think that you are incorrect on this one occasion.

It clearly states on the website they will request the fee if a favourable decision has been made. Why would they request the fee if they were going to deny? Plus her application is in Mississauga, which means they have probably made the decision.

You were asking if others thought she should sack her lawyer, I think that her application is being processed and if they wanted more docs (such as more proof of common law) they would have asked for them.
This is the request for documentation we/he received:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue processing your application, please submit the following document(s):

61706032 -
> Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination This must be received at this office by: 2015/04/14
> Sponsored Spouse/Partner: A newly completed Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire (IMM5490) bearing an original signature This must be received at this office by: 2015/04/14
> RPRF, Family Class: Have your sponsor pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee in Canada This must be received at this office by: 2015/04/14
Our original questionnaire had original signatures... So I honestly don't know what that's about.

The issue is, this isn't a lawyer we are paying by the hour. It is a firm that we paid a lump sum to and will pay another lump sum to once everything is complete (I believe)

mmartin88

Feb 5, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Requested CSQs received: 05/03/2015
AOR Received.
30/01/2015 (Wrongly registered INLAND application). NEW OUTLAND AOR: 08/02/2015
File Transfer...
25/02/2015 (retained in Mississagua)
Med's Done....
September/October 2014
Passport Req..
10/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Received: 24/04/2015
LANDED..........
02/05/2015
SchnookoLoly said:
If it were me I'd be fuming at my lawyer... seriously, this is Grade A Incompetence. Canuck_in_UK has answered the majority of your questions, so I'm not going to repeat most of it as his answers are all spot-on.

For the letter, if you go back into the FAQ, find the part about providing letters, and there's a link to a template that a few people have used and they have felt it helpful. Ensures all the correct info is captured, but also allows for writing in their own words. Any notary can sign them; if they're done in the UK, lawyers are only allowed to charge a fiver per copy, so one copy of two declarations should cost you ten quid. (We got two copies done of each of the two letters just to be safe.)

I would also suggest reading through the checklist yourself and seeing if your dip*censored word* lawyer missed anything else. As C_UK said, don't bother having your lawyer send off anything for you anymore, just send it to CIC yourself. I highly recommend you sack the lawyer... although on reflection you'd then have to notify CIC about it as presumably further requests are coming via the lawyer... hmmm....

Kettle should definitely hold on to her lawyer. I assume when her firm submitted the application, all correspondence is being sent directly to whatever firm she used, be it via email OR by mail (is this correct? CIC sends SA, AORs etc to the FIRM who then forwards it to you, Kettle?)

The last thing you want to do is get rid of the lawyer, have him/her receive some important document from CIC, and have him or her send it back to CIC with a notice saying, we are no longer representing this client, please contact her directly.

At this point, unless the lawyer is charging you an arm and a leg, is just to stick it out with him/her, and take everything he or she tells you with a grain of salt, read up on sponsorship requirements on your own as well to make sure it all goes smoothly!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
mmartin88 said:
Kettle should definitely hold on to her lawyer. I assume when her firm submitted the application, all correspondence is being sent directly to whatever firm she used, be it via email OR by mail (is this correct? CIC sends SA, AORs etc to the FIRM who then forwards it to you, Kettle?)

The last thing you want to do is get rid of the lawyer, have him/her receive some important document from CIC, and have him or her send it back to CIC with a notice saying, we are no longer representing this client, please contact her directly.

At this point, unless the lawyer is charging you an arm and a leg, is just to stick it out with him/her, and take everything he or she tells you with a grain of salt, read up on sponsorship requirements on your own as well to make sure it all goes smoothly!
Yeah that was my thought as well.

Kettle, I suggest you verify any more requests from the lawyer back here with us, and as I said, have a read through the spreadsheet and the FAQ thoroughly to make sure nothing else has been missed!

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
SchnookoLoly said:
Yeah that was my thought as well.

Kettle, I suggest you verify any more requests from the lawyer back here with us, and as I said, have a read through the spreadsheet and the FAQ thoroughly to make sure nothing else has been missed!
I definitely will. So far they have been sending all of their requests with the CIC letters as back up so we can see exactly what they are looking for.

Is it completely unheard of that they wouldn't require the letters of declaration? I have people willing to write them, its just unlikely they'll get them done and notarized before our appointment Tuesday. (Were actually 5 hours north of Edmonton, and the consultants office)

The SO is of the mind to wait until CIC requests them, which I disagree with to some extent.

d_j_heckford

Feb 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt Decision Made: 26-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
January 12 2015 applications now with 64 days till acknowledgement, go London, house of fire right now :D