+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

andyb2404

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London (kept in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-02-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 27th 2015
LANDED..........
April 4th 2015
ukcannadaconnection said:
andyb2404 - just to manage your expectations. I sent all my updated info, photos etc. to Ottawa and it was received on 26th Feb and I am still waiting on the letter to be sent out.

I'm hoping I will receive mine this week, so yours will potentially still be another couple of weeks after that??
I figured it would be a 3-4 week turn around from them getting the updated info and phots etc to mailing out the COPR.
When I called them last Friday to check something on my work permit as my current status expires over the easter weekend, the agent pulled up my PR app aswell and gave me the run down on my current status and the COPR arriving.
Think it's been misenterpreted that I called just for the COPR by some forum users. Traditionally an applicant waits 2-3 weeks for the letter anyways (as per the spreadsheet) that being said there has been a handful who had a 2-3 day turn around. Seems unlikely now though given this is the busiest time of year for CIC.

DPParmar

Jan 21, 2015
Surrey, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2015
Doc's Request.
22/09/2015
AOR Received.
25/04/2015
File Transfer...
04/05/2015 (In Process)
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Passport Req..
19-11-2015 (DM on ECAS)
Needing some clarification around the 'Use of a Representative' form. We are not using a representative.

Not sure whether we need to include the form or not, as we have previously read that we should include ALL forms on the Document Checklist.

If we do include it, we have written N/A on the form - do we sign it or not?

Thanks!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
DPParmar said:
Needing some clarification around the 'Use of a Representative' form. We are not using a representative.

Not sure whether we need to include the form or not, as we have previously read that we should include ALL forms on the Document Checklist.

Thanks!

I really wish we had used it now and put myself down since i am the sponsor.Every time i want to do something i have o either get my husband to sign consent forms or use his email account. If you chose not to them you can include the form and write N/A it didn't bother including it.I honestly thought at the time it was for people in legal positions like a lawyer .

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
I literally burst in tears when I logged in e-cas today... Our application is FINALLY in process! So great to see the line "We started processing your application March 11, 2015". I know it might still take long, but after nearly 14 months of waiting that surely made my day!

On GCMS notes it was noted that my medicals have expired, so I suppose I'll be getting ready to get a request to redo them. Hopefully they will contact me soon...!

christof135

Mar 18, 2015
Good morning, I wonder if someone could add me to the spreadsheet?

MEDS: 2ND DEC
RECEIVED IN MISSISSAUGA: 15th Dec
CONFIRMATION OF RECEIPT EMAIL: 4th March
SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL EMAIL: 17th March
MARRIED
VISA OFFICE: Mississauga

Current location on application was Liverpool, UK howeber I sent an email today asking them to update my address to Ottawa (where I've been living with my wife) I figure if I put an address in Canada, any further information they may need will be a lot quicker than them requesting it through London?

Thanks, and good luck everyone!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
DPParmar said:

Thanks!
Please read this: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ#Use_of_a_Representative_.28IMM_5476.29

taffy7 said:
I really wish we had used it now and put myself down since i am the sponsor.Every time i want to do something i have o either get my husband to sign consent forms or use his email account. If you chose not to them you can include the form and write N/A it didn't bother including it.I honestly thought at the time it was for people in legal positions like a lawyer .
What stuff do you need your husband's permission to access? If it's GCMS notes you'd need that anyway. What else are you requiring? I was the sponsor and was the one contacting CIC and I didn't have any issues. The representative *IS* for someone else to represent you, *NOT* for spouses to fill out, so you are mistaken with that. It's not necessarily lawyers, you could have a friend doing your application for you and then they'd fill out that form... but if the friend requested GCMS notes, they'd still have to get your husband's permission.

Aniabella said:
I literally burst in tears when I logged in e-cas today... Our application is FINALLY in process! So great to see the line "We started processing your application March 11, 2015". I know it might still take long, but after nearly 14 months of waiting that surely made my day!

On GCMS notes it was noted that my medicals have expired, so I suppose I'll be getting ready to get a request to redo them. Hopefully they will contact me soon...!
Awesome!

For the medicals, they'll contact you if they want you to have a new one done, but often they unilaterally decide to extend the medicals for a few months or for a year, depending on the results. Sometimes they ask for a new medical... so just sit tight and see what's requested. There have been a few cases where CIC has called the PA when they are ready to issue COPR and will say "Okay, COPR is ready to go... can you land by 15 April?" If you say yes, then they'll issue COPR with an expiry date of 15 April, and if you say now then they'll probably request a new medical before they will issue PR. So just sit tight and wait for a request, if it comes at all! Don't forget to keep an eye on the post. I assume you updated your mailing address with CIC as well? Ensure it's showing correctly on ECAS and if it's not then pop them a case-specific enquiry about it.

christof135 said:
Good morning, I wonder if someone could add me to the spreadsheet?

MEDS: 2ND DEC
RECEIVED IN MISSISSAUGA: 15th Dec
CONFIRMATION OF RECEIPT EMAIL: 4th March
SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL EMAIL: 17th March
MARRIED
VISA OFFICE: Mississauga

Current location on application was Liverpool, UK howeber I sent an email today asking them to update my address to Ottawa (where I've been living with my wife) I figure if I put an address in Canada, any further information they may need will be a lot quicker than them requesting it through London?

Thanks, and good luck everyone!
Hello! I've added you in! Yes, update them to say that your current mailing address is Ottawa, it may not necessarily be faster, but it's easier, and if they are going to be issuing COPR they have to make sure it gets to you - you don't want them sending your COPR to Liverpool if you aren't there!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Schook ,i was told by cic that if i was the representative for my husbands application then i wouldn't have to get him to sign a consent form when i was requesting Gmcs notes .That's why i suggested them sign it .I know it can be for anyone and not just lawyers, friends etc. Once again Cic giving my wrong information. Now i don't feel so bad i thought i Screwed up on that part .. Happy now . Thank you for correcting this .I hate giving wrong information. :)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
taffy7 said:
Schook ,i was told by cic that if i was the representative for my husbands application then i wouldn't have to get him to sign a consent form when i was requesting Gmcs notes .That's why i suggested them sign it .I know it can be for anyone and not just lawyers, friends etc. Once again Cic giving my wrong information. Now i don't feel so bad i thought i Screwed up on that part .. Happy now . Thank you for correcting this .I hate giving wrong information. :)
If you get the information from a call centre, take it with a grain of salt. I've lost track of how many times we've had to correct bad information given out by the call centre. Seriously, unless you are asking them to just check on the sponsor portion of an application then it's not even worth calling them... and even checking on progress they have been giving out duff information!!!

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
SchnookoLoly said:
Awesome!

For the medicals, they'll contact you if they want you to have a new one done, but often they unilaterally decide to extend the medicals for a few months or for a year, depending on the results. Sometimes they ask for a new medical... so just sit tight and see what's requested. There have been a few cases where CIC has called the PA when they are ready to issue COPR and will say "Okay, COPR is ready to go... can you land by 15 April?" If you say yes, then they'll issue COPR with an expiry date of 15 April, and if you say now then they'll probably request a new medical before they will issue PR. So just sit tight and wait for a request, if it comes at all! Don't forget to keep an eye on the post. I assume you updated your mailing address with CIC as well? Ensure it's showing correctly on ECAS and if it's not then pop them a case-specific enquiry about it.
Yeah I did update my address, ECAS isn't showing yet my current address, but I know from past it takes a bit of time before it's there. I guess if it's not there by next week, I'll send them an inquiry. At least they did send me an email, that the address is now changed. I sure will be like a hawk after my email, mail and ECAS starting from today... Even though I was already!

sherri

May 26, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga / London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
02-06-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2014
Hooray!!! Status was changed to "decision made" today :)

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 16-06-2015, COPR arrived 25-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Aniabella said:

Wohooo!!!! Happy for you :)

I'll be interested to see what happens with your medical, as mine expired yesterday and still no signs of life. I'm hoping they do extend, because the thought of our applications being delayed another x weeks getting an appointment and matching the results is just depressing.

I'm willing to land at about 2 hrs notice... as fast as I can drive to the border ;D

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
Aniabella said:

Congratulations! Very happy for you. Progress :)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
sherri said:
Hooray!!! Status was changed to "decision made" today :)
Woohoo, congrats! Don't forget to let us know when your COPR arrives in the post! All updated! Yay you!

DPParmar

Jan 21, 2015
Surrey, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2015
Doc's Request.
22/09/2015
AOR Received.
25/04/2015
File Transfer...
04/05/2015 (In Process)
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Passport Req..
19-11-2015 (DM on ECAS)
SchnookoLoly said:
Please read this: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ#Use_of_a_Representative_.28IMM_5476.29
Thanks SchnookoLoly! This is super useful! We are sending off our application tomorrow, so likely it will be received, at the latest, by Wednesday next week! Will update you once we know for sure, so info can be added to the spreadsheet.

Meds done: 13th Feb
Rec in Mississauga: 25th March (guessing the latest date as possible)
Married