+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
Hi All

I have a dependant child question - I've touched on this before on another thread with some of you and you were all so helpful.

My husband has an 18 year old son from a previous marriage that he has not had custody of since the divorce (in 2007) though his son still falls into the dependant category. They do speak but they are not close, and it turns out after much trying that his son is not interested in taking part in the medical or police certificate in case he may like to join us in the future.

So we have a refusal to take part.

I've read before that the only way to get around this is for my husband to sign an affidavit swearing that by his son not doing a medical exam, he understands that the son will be permanently barred from sponsorship under the family class going forward. I imagine we should also explain that we have tried to include him but that he is not interested etc etc.

Any ideas if we have to put any other specific wording in the affidavit that would help?

Then it would be notarised and included in the application.

Anyone else have experience of this?

Thanks for your thoughts!

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
A random one!

How many photos would you say is a normal/good amount to include to show as proof of relationship? My British husband and I have been married for almost a year, and have been living together for over 3.5 years.

I'm gathering photos and I've read on the forum that one lady included 120 photos...she got approved so maybe that is the ballpark to aim for? I don't want to go crazy though and make the immigration officer annoyed! :)

Thanks for your help as always x

aj~

Star Member
Oct 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2013
AOR Received.
21/08/2013
File Transfer...
30/08/2013
Med's Done....
19/04/2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17/04/2014
LANDED..........
07/05/2014
CanadianInUK said:
A random one!

How many photos would you say is a normal/good amount to include to show as proof of relationship? My British husband and I have been married for almost a year, and have been living together for over 3.5 years.

I'm gathering photos and I've read on the forum that one lady included 120 photos...she got approved so maybe that is the ballpark to aim for? I don't want to go crazy though and make the immigration officer annoyed! :)

Thanks for your help as always x
Like a lot of the proof you need for the application I'd say it's quality over quantity, there's probably not much point including a load of photos that are similar to each other. You want a range that spans the length of your relationship. Photos from different years (so you look a little different/younger/older together), pictures in different places, photos on holiday together etc. Photos together with family are an excellent way to show a genuine relationship too and in your case your wedding obviously!

Admittedly our application is not approved yet (but the notes state they don't have any doubts over our relationship being genuine), but we included 52 photos that spanned from the very first month we met to the month before we sent off the application. There were photos of us in our apartments, at restaurants, in parks, with our family over Christmases/Birthdays and in various places across the globe. I tried to pick as many different types of picture as possible. I also put them in date order and marked them with the month/year, location and one liner to describe the photo circumstances. eg. July 2012 - London, England - At the London 2012 Olympic Park.

There's no right or wrong number, it just needs to be obvious you're a genuine couple. Have fun with it. :) You'll end up with a lovely little collection of your relationship together! :)

Ralphstars

May 9, 2012
:D Hi to all !

Just an update about our Landing Experience -
Received COPR 28/3/14
Landed 13/4/14 ( already in Alberta as a Visitor since 23/1/14)

We didn't want to Flagpole incase an Administrative Refusal affected future US trips so we entered the US via the 'quieter' border crossing at Carway

Entered US Friday night 7pm - only us there - returned Sunday 13/4 at 11.55am and we were the only people there.
We handed over our COPR and were sent to a waiting room for 10 minutes - they called us to the desk and we were asked to sign the documents - no Qs asked ! We even had to remind them we had a List of goods to follow for them ! It took about 10 more minutes for both me and my son to get processed .

The officers told us they had 82 PR activations the day before -
So we picked the right day !

Many thanks to all for help when we needed it and good luck to those of you still waiting !

Nicky

Applicant7

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-13
AOR Received.
19-12-13
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
29-08-13
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-14
LANDED..........
28-08-14
Hi all,

I won't deny that I'm freaking out here, but we finally got an update.

We received an email today requesting more documents, and I have a few questions if anyone would be kind enough to answer.

They asked for 2 recent passport photographs. We have some from September all ready to go, but are these not recent enough?

They also asked for our lease. Now our lease is in German (being in Germany) and 14+ pages long. Can we just send in the pages that pertinent? Translating that many pages would cost us more than our application!

Thanks!

Edit: We got answer regarding the photographs, but now I have one more question. When our additional documents are ready we send it to the London Office for Immigration, and not through the Mississauga office, am I correct?

EricandLinda

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
05-June-2014
File Transfer...
26-June-2014
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2014
Passport Req..
09-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
29-Nov-2014
taffy7 said:
We are 1 day apart my application arrived on the 10th April . It will be interesting to see how it all goes for both of us . Even though you have London for your visa office are you applying as brit. As London office does all different applications.
I hope it goes quick and well for both, and all of us!!! We have all done so much hard work to get these applications in.

No, we are not applying from Britain. We are both living in Canada right now and decided to do Outland. I'm Canadian and she's from Sweden, so for Outland we would have to apply through London.

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
Applicant7 said:
Hi all,

I won't deny that I'm freaking out here, but we finally got an update.

We received an email today requesting more documents, and I have a few questions if anyone would be kind enough to answer.

They asked for 2 recent passport photographs. We have some from September all ready to go, but are these not recent enough?

They also asked for our lease. Now our lease is in German (being in Germany) and 14+ pages long. Can we just send in the pages that pertinent? Translating that many pages would cost us more than our application!

Thanks!

Edit: We got answer regarding the photographs, but now I have one more question. When our additional documents are ready we send it to the London Office for Immigration, and not through the Mississauga office, am I correct?
Correct - send to London VO.

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Hi All,
Does anyone live in saskatchewan? I have been told by GCI I need to hand in my British driving licence to have it exchanged for a Canadian saskatchewan licence. They ask for a drivers abstract which DVLA don't know much about. Would my counter part (paper licence) and photo card be enough? I know it varies province to province

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
aj~ said:
Like a lot of the proof you need for the application I'd say it's quality over quantity, there's probably not much point including a load of photos that are similar to each other. You want a range that spans the length of your relationship. Photos from different years (so you look a little different/younger/older together), pictures in different places, photos on holiday together etc. Photos together with family are an excellent way to show a genuine relationship too and in your case your wedding obviously!

Admittedly our application is not approved yet (but the notes state they don't have any doubts over our relationship being genuine), but we included 52 photos that spanned from the very first month we met to the month before we sent off the application. There were photos of us in our apartments, at restaurants, in parks, with our family over Christmases/Birthdays and in various places across the globe. I tried to pick as many different types of picture as possible. I also put them in date order and marked them with the month/year, location and one liner to describe the photo circumstances. eg. July 2012 - London, England - At the London 2012 Olympic Park.

There's no right or wrong number, it just needs to be obvious you're a genuine couple. Have fun with it. :) You'll end up with a lovely little collection of your relationship together! :)
Gave you a +1 ---- This is one of the best answers I have ever read to this question

Gatawa04

Jan 9, 2014
Ipswich
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/01/2014
AOR Received.
28/02/2014
Med's Done....
25/01/2014
Hello everyone

this may sound a bit silly but just wondering how do you know if your application has been sent to London Visa Office. Been checking on ECAS i can only see the part that confirms receipt of application and receipt of medical results as well as approval of sponsorhip.

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gatawa04 said:
Hello everyone

this may sound a bit silly but just wondering how do you know if your application has been sent to London Visa Office. Been checking on ECAS i can only see the part that confirms receipt of application and receipt of medical results as well as approval of sponsorhip.

The AOR (acknowledgment of receipt) I got from Mississauga mentioned the name of the visa office my file was being forwarded to ... E-Cas never says anything much ... I really won't rely on it much. Best bet is to refer to your AOR to see which visa office its going to.

togethersoon

Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
File Transfer...
"In Process" Jan 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March, 2013
Passport Req..
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2014
LANDED..........
April 3, 2014
So, I've finally landed to Toronto on April 03rd :)

Here's sharing my experience..

I've landed to Toronto Pearson Intl Airport (YYZ) in terminal - 3.

Please fill up the 'declaration form' from before (you can collect it from the plane) and it'll be easier later. There's 2 queues in immigration: visitors & immigrants. Please queue in 'visitors'. After this, an officer will check your 'declaration form and you'll be sent to the main immigration section where an immigration officer will check your passport and will ask you few questions while checking the documents (mostly related to you and your sponsor, though it varies from person to person!). Also, keep some other documents (for example, ECAS Status) and you need to sign in few forms and you'll be given permanent resident status and they'll return you a copy of your COPR. Next step is facing an officer who will issue you the SIN number right away and Yalu need to fill up a form. The whole process is very simple and straightforward. You can fill up B4 Form from before just in any case, if required (in my case they didn't really care). Search in google 'B4 form official for details.

I would like like to thank everyone in this forum for their kind support. Best wishes for everyone!

Gatawa04

Jan 9, 2014
Ipswich
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/01/2014
AOR Received.
28/02/2014
Med's Done....
25/01/2014
OmNi2012 said:
The AOR (acknowledgment of receipt) I got from Mississauga mentioned the name of the visa office my file was being forwarded to ... E-Cas never says anything much ... I really won't rely on it much. Best bet is to refer to your AOR to see which visa office its going to.
Thanks funny thing just got an email from the london office and they want an explanation of sometbing thats on my police check, definately recieved and things are moving

:) :)

MrPineappleHead

Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
07-04-2014
File Transfer...
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
Can I be added to the spreadsheet?

My current timeline is the following:

Type of application: Common law
Application received in Mississauga: 13/01/14
Sponsorship Approval: 13/02/14
Request for additional info: 7/04/14 - Additional proof of cohabitation

Thanks!

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
MrPineappleHead said:
Can I be added to the spreadsheet?

My current timeline is the following:

Type of application: Common law
Application received in Mississauga: 13/01/14
Sponsorship Approval: 13/02/14
Request for additional info: 7/04/14 - Additional proof of cohabitation

Thanks!
Added. Hopefully they finish up with 2013 applicants soon and start with the 2014 people!