+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
MrPineappleHead said:
Thanks Becki, I was mainly hoping that I'd be one of those lucky ones who get their application processed really quickly, but was also worried that this additional request would delay my application. Anyway, only time will tell.
Everyone hopes they are one of those people. Myself included. But trust me, its best to try not to think that way or the wait is even more unbearable :)

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Jenny88 said:
Hey everyone :) I got DM on Friday 4th April. Just wondering how long it generally takes for the COPR to reach Canada when mailed from London?

Congratulations! I have heard it can take up to 2 weeks :)

Jenny88

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 26, 2013
Med's Done....
April 20, 2013
Passport Req..
March 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 25, 2014
Thanks !!! Its been 17 months of pure stress for me! I hope that 2 weeks is the case for delivery! We live in rural northern Saskatchewan and mail can sometimes take a while to get to me when my mum sends things from England. Apparently our expiry date is April 29 to land unless they have extended without us knowing. Hopefully they mailed it before it went to DM on ECAS !! Fingers crossed!

Becki567 said:
Congratulations! I have heard it can take up to 2 weeks :)

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Package has been delivered to Mississauga today ... butterflies galore . Now wait .

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Still absolutely no movement on my file. My GCMS notes are due next Thursday so hopefully that will shed some light on what the hell is taking them so long.

On the plus side, my visa extension got approved today so at least I can stay in Canada. Pretty annoying that I have a bunch of job offers sitting on the table all of which are dependent on me having residency.

I just have to sit around and wait in the mean time!

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Brit_Immigrant said:
Still absolutely no movement on my file. My GCMS notes are due next Thursday so hopefully that will shed some light on what the hell is taking them so long.

On the plus side, my visa extension got approved today so at least I can stay in Canada. Pretty annoying that I have a bunch of job offers sitting on the table all of which are dependent on me having residency.

I just have to sit around and wait in the mean time!
That really sucks. How long did you get on your visa extension?

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Becki567 said:
That really sucks. How long did you get on your visa extension?
Until August 31st.

I will have my PhD by then, so I get a 3 year work Visa. I am on a study visa and have been for 5 years and off campus work permit which allows me to consult 20 hours a week. I can't really complain too much as I have a visa for at least the next 3 years. However it is just frustrating as I would like to work full time as my dissertation is written and will just sit with an examiner for the next two months or so!

Plus I actually have no clue why it is taking so much longer than most people. My lawyer says it is a very strong application and I just don't see where there would be any hang up. The relationship is full legitimate. We were common law for two years when I applied and have a lot of supporting evidence, letters etc. I have only lived in Canada and the UK, Did the medical and paid all the fees upfront as well!

aj~

Star Member
Oct 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2013
AOR Received.
21/08/2013
File Transfer...
30/08/2013
Med's Done....
19/04/2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17/04/2014
LANDED..........
07/05/2014
At the risk of being a whiney cry baby, as my applications today hits a month "In Process" with no movement I'm feeling pretty low. I'm genuinely really happy for everyone else getting their COPR's but it's so hard to stay positive when your own one is showing no sign of arriving.

I'm now making the arrangements to go and wait it out in Canada as my partner desperately needs me out there, although I'll leave the actual flight booking as late as possible just in case.

One thing I've just thought of and am struggling to find confirmation about is the situation with police certificate though. Is there a similar one year expiry time frame like the medical? Getting a medical re-done out in Canada should be fine, but if they need a new UK police certificate that's going to be a bit more of an issue what with the photos, endorsements, proof of address etc.

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
Brit & aj - you probably have but thought I would still ask as these are the two things that I thought of first...have you tried the following:

1. Email London VO
2. Contact you MP
3. I think you have both ordered your case notes already, but when you get them through and they really shed any light perhaps reorder them again as the notes could actually be a month old when you actually them.

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
apt2208 said:
Yes, provide all the documents requested. I believe its the option c printout you need to provide for the sponsor only.
Hi All,

Can I sneak in on this and ask a question from ACCanadas initial question about the financial requirements mentioned in questions 18 and 19 on the Document Checklist. I feel ok about those - realise I don't need to prove finances in spousal sponsorship.

However I am a little confused about number 17, the Option C printout that Apt2208 mentions above. I'm Canadian but I've been living and working in the UK for 10 years now so Canada Revenue will have nothing to report on me. Do I show a UK P60 form instead to show I've been working here or just ignore?

Thanks for your help - I've been hovering on this wonderful thread for a few months. Getting ready to apply in the next couple weeks I hope!!

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
CanadianInUK said:
Hi All,

Can I sneak in on this and ask a question from ACCanadas initial question about the financial requirements mentioned in questions 18 and 19 on the Document Checklist. I feel ok about those - realise I don't need to prove finances in spousal sponsorship.

However I am a little confused about number 17, the Option C printout that Apt2208 mentions above. I'm Canadian but I've been living and working in the UK for 10 years now so Canada Revenue will have nothing to report on me. Do I show a UK P60 form instead to show I've been working here or just ignore?

Thanks for your help - I've been hovering on this wonderful thread for a few months. Getting ready to apply in the next couple weeks I hope!!
I'm not 100% sure on this but I'm sure I read somewhere that a UK P60 would be fine, perhaps someone more wiser than me can confirm...

aj~

Star Member
Oct 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2013
AOR Received.
21/08/2013
File Transfer...
30/08/2013
Med's Done....
19/04/2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17/04/2014
LANDED..........
07/05/2014
apt2208 said:
Brit & aj - you probably have but thought I would still ask as these are the two things that I thought of first...have you tried the following:

1. Email London VO
2. Contact you MP
3. I think you have both ordered your case notes already, but when you get them through and they really shed any light perhaps reorder them again as the notes could actually be a month old when you actually them.
Thanks for the advise apt. Contacting my MP is my final option, but as I'm not at the 10 month processing time yet (or 11 if you're meant to use the time now rather than when I applied?) they probably won't be able to help.

I e-mailed the London VO on the 28th March who replied on the 31st saying my application was undergoing routine background checks. Unfortunately my case notes were generated on the 10th March and I went into "In Process" on the 11th, so currently I'm not sure exactly where they're at - although I ordered some more notes a couple of days ago which should hopefully tell me more when they arrive early May.

The most depressing thing I can gather from the notes is that my application was pretty much sitting redundant from when it arrived at London VO in August until it went to "In Process" on the 11th March. It seems a massive co-incidence that I requested GCSM notes and the day after they are generated my application moves to "In Process" and they've since started doing the background checks (if the London VO e-mail is correct). Not a single check had been started as of the 10th March - Eligibility, Security or Criminality all "Not Started". Which is why I'm not hopeful this is going to be finished anytime soon seen as they'll want to do checks for the year I lived in Canada too.

Looking at the notes again the only update after the 30th August when the application reached London are two "Incomings" from CPC Mississauga. One that says "Item: Financial Eval. Form IMM1283" and another that says "Item: IMM1344A". Which is strange as while I did IMM1344 I didn't do IMM1283 as it didn't apply to my application. And as they were all sent together I'm not sure why these would be added to the file several months after.

I can't complain too much as I'm still within the official processing times and I appreciate there are others going through a lot more grief with the process, but it's all very disheartening as I so desperately need to get to Canada to help my partner but am holding off worried over my expiry dates and if the COPR might show up any day.

aj~

Star Member
Oct 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2013
AOR Received.
21/08/2013
File Transfer...
30/08/2013
Med's Done....
19/04/2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17/04/2014
LANDED..........
07/05/2014
CanadianInUK said:
Hi All,

My partner had been living in the UK with me for nearly two years at the point we submitted our application, so we didn't include an Option C print out either.

We included her P60 along with all her pay slips for the past 12 months and a note stating that were not including it as she had been working and living in the UK so were enclosing these documents instead.

She was approved as a sponsor fine so it shouldn't be an issue as long as you provide a written and valid explanation why.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
aj~ said:
We included her P60 along with all her pay slips for the past 12 months and a note stating that were not including it as she had been working and living in the UK so were enclosing these documents instead.
Exactly the same for us. No problems.

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
aj~ said:
Thanks for the advise apt. Contacting my MP is my final option, but as I'm not at the 10 month processing time yet (or 11 if you're meant to use the time now rather than when I applied?) they probably won't be able to help.

I e-mailed the London VO on the 28th March who replied on the 31st saying my application was undergoing routine background checks. Unfortunately my case notes were generated on the 10th March and I went into "In Process" on the 11th, so currently I'm not sure exactly where they're at - although I ordered some more notes a couple of days ago which should hopefully tell me more when they arrive early May.

The most depressing thing I can gather from the notes is that my application was pretty much sitting redundant from when it arrived at London VO in August until it went to "In Process" on the 11th March. It seems a massive co-incidence that I requested GCSM notes and the day after they are generated my application moves to "In Process" and they've since started doing the background checks (if the London VO e-mail is correct). Not a single check had been started as of the 10th March - Eligibility, Security or Criminality all "Not Started". Which is why I'm not hopeful this is going to be finished anytime soon seen as they'll want to do checks for the year I lived in Canada too.

Looking at the notes again the only update after the 30th August when the application reached London are two "Incomings" from CPC Mississauga. One that says "Item: Financial Eval. Form IMM1283" and another that says "Item: IMM1344A". Which is strange as while I did IMM1344 I didn't do IMM1283 as it didn't apply to my application. And as they were all sent together I'm not sure why these would be added to the file several months after.

I can't complain too much as I'm still within the official processing times and I appreciate there are others going through a lot more grief with the process, but it's all very disheartening as I so desperately need to get to Canada to help my partner but am holding off worried over my expiry dates and if the COPR might show up any day.
I know some have contacted their MP before the 11 months, so its defintley worth a try. You can provide the information about what your case notes say to them and hopefully they will speed it up. My understanding was the background checks are supposed to happen as soon as London receive your file - so sounds like someone didn't do what they were supposed to and this maybe what's causing the delay.