+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

MrPineappleHead

Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
07-04-2014
File Transfer...
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
zardoz said:
It was about 6 weeks after sending them the updated info that it changed to "DM" state. I'll take a look at my GCMS notes and see if there was anything relevant in there about this process. Then, I'll update this post.

Update:

Their request: 03/06/13 (Email)
I responded: 03/06/13 (Special delivery - 9am Next Day)
They updated: 14/06/13 (Yes, it really did take them 10 days!!)
Decision made: 23/07/13 (Even if they did get it wrong to start with)
I had a request for additional info almost two weeks ago (additional proof of cohabitation). I sincerely hope that means that they are processing my application and I'll get a 'Decision Made' within a few weeks. I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

bmore321

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Canada (TWP)
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2013
Doc's Request.
12-12-2013 FBI Police Report
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
File Transfer...
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
17-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014 Received COPR 3-5-2014
LANDED..........
19-05-2014
MrPineappleHead said:
I had a request for additional info almost two weeks ago (additional proof of cohabitation). I sincerely hope that means that they are processing my application and I'll get a 'Decision Made' within a few weeks. I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.
When did you apply?

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
bmore321 said:
Help - I got this email back from CIC. Are they asking me and my spouse to fill forms IMM5406E and IMM5669E? For form IMM5669E, we filled it for the last 10 years because it is most recent, now they are asking from 18th birthday.

"In order to continue the processing of your application, I require the completion of the following information:
- Family Information Form for yourself and your sponsor.

- Schedule A – we require information from age 18 to date. You have provided information from February 2003, please could you complete Q8 personal history and Q12 addresses from September 1991 until February 2003.

Please forward this information to us within 30 days. To expedite the processing of your application, you may scan and email this information. Please mark any email correspondence for the attention of CDD. "

Reading through the forums it seems to be they are requesting this more often . We did go back till the time my husband was 18, but it was a hard slog as he is 52. Thank god his mother kept a scrap book of every school he went to and every new address.

MrPineappleHead

Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
07-04-2014
File Transfer...
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
bmore321 said:
When did you apply?
Application was received in Mississauga on 13th of January. So just over 3 months ago.

bmore321

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Canada (TWP)
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
File Transfer...
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
17-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
19-05-2014
In the "IMM5406E - Additional Family Information" form.. that you fill for the Applicant and the spouse, is the information the same for both the spouse and the applicant?

or do I put myself as applicant when I fill mine?

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
CanadianInUK said:
Hi All

I have a dependant child question - I've touched on this before on another thread with some of you and you were all so helpful.

My husband has an 18 year old son from a previous marriage that he has not had custody of since the divorce (in 2007) though his son still falls into the dependant category. They do speak but they are not close, and it turns out after much trying that his son is not interested in taking part in the medical or police certificate in case he may like to join us in the future.

So we have a refusal to take part.

I've read before that the only way to get around this is for my husband to sign an affidavit swearing that by his son not doing a medical exam, he understands that the son will be permanently barred from sponsorship under the family class going forward. I imagine we should also explain that we have tried to include him but that he is not interested etc etc.

Any ideas if we have to put any other specific wording in the affidavit that would help?

Then it would be notarised and included in the application.

Anyone else have experience of this?

Thanks for your thoughts!
Hi - along with the above (still hoping someone out there has had some experience of having to write the affidavit?)

Along with this, I assume we should still fill out the forms with my husband's son mentioned...it seems worse to just pretend he doesn't exist....do you agree? So we still mention him on the Additional Family information form...even though we are not including the medical and will be including the affidavit instead?

Thanks for your help!

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
I received my GCMS notes today. They are from the 19th of March but at least I kind of know what is going on now.

There appears to be no issues with the application, the notes explained that they are satisfied we are in a bona fide relationship. It says that I have passed my medical and RCMP screening and that eligibility (modified to recommend pass of Feb 6th) and criminality are in progress but security not started.

None the wiser on why it is taking so long. My spousal approval was passed on August 30th. Transferred mid September. Nobody touched my application until Jan 15th of this year. Since then, it just shows in progress and nothing else so it is sitting in London doing not much I guess.

Good to see there are no issues with the application. Hard to get my head round why a decision has not been made yet though? Guess it is the luck of the draw what officer you get!

Sent the notes to my lawyer. Hopefully he can shed more light!

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Looks like LVO is pretty busy from the spreadsheet though. Hopefully they are working on the back log (no offense 2014 applicants). At least for purely selfish purposes they appear to be dealing with August/September 2013 applications in some sort of order at the moment rather than just cherry picking them!

bmore321

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Canada (TWP)
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
File Transfer...
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
17-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
19-05-2014
Brit_Immigrant said:
I received my GCMS notes today. They are from the 19th of March but at least I kind of know what is going on now.

There appears to be no issues with the application, the notes explained that they are satisfied we are in a bona fide relationship. It says that I have passed my medical and RCMP screening and that eligibility and criminality are in progress but security not started.

None the wiser on why it is taking so long. My spousal approval was passed on August 30th. Transferred mid September. Nobody touched my application until Feb 6th of this year. Since then, it just shows in progress and nothing else so it is sitting in London doing not much I guess.

Good to see there are no issues with the application. Hard to get my head round why a decision has not been made yet though? Guess it is the luck of the draw what officer you get!

Sent the notes to my lawyer. Hopefully he can shed more light!
When did you request the notes?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CanadianInUK said:
Hi - along with the above (still hoping someone out there has had some experience of having to write the affidavit?)

Along with this, I assume we should still fill out the forms with my husband's son mentioned...it seems worse to just pretend he doesn't exist....do you agree? So we still mention him on the Additional Family information form...even though we are not including the medical and will be including the affidavit instead?

Thanks for your help!
Hi

The key points I believe the affadavit should address are:

- the status of their relationship, i.e. for X years, they have not seen each other/not been involved in each other's lives/ had little to no contact/not been on speaking terms etc.
- the son doesn't want to live with his father or come to Canada. As a legal adult, he has refused to be medically examined, obtain a PCC or take part in the sponsorship process in any way
- that your husband understands that by not being examined for the application, his son is forever excluded from the Family Class as per IRPA regulation 117(9)(d), and therefore cannot ever be sponsored

The son needs to be mentioned in the application; not mentioning him would be misrepresentation on your husband's part, even with the affidavit.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
CanadianInUK said:

Thanks for your help!

If only they had changed the law for the age of dependents in January when they said they were .We both wouldn't have to be doing all of this .Keep an eye out to see if the forms change in a month or so before you send the application off .

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
Thank you Canuck_in_uk!

will keep an eye out Taffy7 - hadn't realised it might be changed. Fingers crossed.

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianInUK said:

Thanks for your help!
I assume (a) that you are in the UK and need to make the declaration in accordance with the law of England and Wales and (b) that one of your concerns is the formalities? You are using the wrong terminology and I am unsure whether you understand the formalities. What I think you need is a statutory declaration, not an affidavit, and it does not need to be 'notarized' if by that you mean sworn before a notary public.The form is straightforward. It starts with a standard heading <<I [full name] of [address] [occupation] do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:>>. Then you write the body of the declaration in numbered paragraphs. You already have advice about the contents and I am not going to say any more about that. Then at the end of the statutory declaration you finish with the following formula: <<And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the Statutory Declarations Act, 1835>> Then, a few lines below, a space for your signature and below that again on another line
<<Declared at [address of solicitor] this ......[date] before me [space for solicitor's signature] A commissioner for oaths. >> Most solicitors' practices have commissioners for oaths. You do not need to find a notary public. There will be a small fee payable to the solicitor. That varies from firm to firm but £5 is not unusual.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
wowsers said:
I assume (a) that you are in the UK and need to make the declaration in accordance with the law of England and Wales and (b) that one of your concerns is the formalities? You are using the wrong terminology and I am unsure whether you understand the formalities. What I think you need is a statutory declaration, not an affidavit, and it does not need to be 'notarized' if by that you mean sworn before a notary public.The form is straightforward. It starts with a standard heading <<I [full name] of [address] [occupation] do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:>>. Then you write the body of the declaration in numbered paragraphs. You already have advice about the contents and I am not going to say any more about that. Then at the end of the statutory declaration you finish with the following formula: <<And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the Statutory Declarations Act, 1835>> Then, a few lines below, a space for your signature and below that again on another line
<<Declared at [address of solicitor] this ......[date] before me [space for solicitor's signature] A commissioner for oaths. >> Most solicitors' practices have commissioners for oaths. You do not need to find a notary public. There will be a small fee payable to the solicitor. That varies from firm to firm but £5 is not unusual.

Exactly post Wowers.Thank you for giving us all a good piece of sound advice .