+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Shayreef said:
Hello,

I just had a quick question regarding the Travel History of my Wife (who is applying for Permanent Residence) ... My wife is a British Citizen and has traveled extensively since she was 18 years old -- she has had the same passport since she turned 18 and it is covered in Entry Visas/Stamps from some, but not ALL, of her trips. Some of the stamps are faded and unfortunately not legible and because she is a European Citizen most countries she visited in the EU did not even stamp her passport at all when she entered.

I know that Canadians are able to request a Record of Travel History for up to 10 years (or so I read) and was wondering if anyone knew whether or not something similar was available for British Citizens through the UK Border Agency.

Otherwise I will just have her write down as many places as she remembers and explain in a letter that there are some places that she cannot remember exact dates because she has traveled so extensively.

Thank you
We provided a 10 year history (well less cause it was only til 18 and beyond) but did not include vacations that were taken. Maybe we did it wrong? We just included all his work/school history, and then his moving to Canada on an IEC visa and his work history here. We did not include every vacation he has taken since 18.

Maybe someone else will chime in here but that was my understanding and how we completed everything

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
When I filled in mine, both the first time and when they asked for it again (back to age 18), I only included changes of job and address. I didn't even attempt to include all the vacations/work visits/day trips to other countries. None of them was for than 3 weeks and to be honest, there is absolutely no possible way to remember the last X years (where X is a big number).

Applicant7

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-13
AOR Received.
19-12-13
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
29-08-13
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-14
LANDED..........
28-08-14
Hi all,

I have a couple of questions for you (much more knowledgable people) about our current application for permanent residence.

We (I'm Canadian, my common-law partner is British) applied for PR in late November and found out I have been accepted as a sponsor in early January. If my guess on the timeline is correct (fingers crossed), my partner could have his visa issued anytime around August. This is partially concerning for a couple of reasons.

1. We weren't planning on moving to Canada until late September, early October. If the visa is issued before that, how long will it take to expire? How long (and how much hassle!) will it take to get renewed. If we inform the visa office of our date of departure prior to visa being issued does that help?

2. If we move to Canada before PR is awarded, will we have to fly back to London if we have to have an interview? Will this disrupt the process at all? How soon is an interview usually conducted and why are they usually requested?

And a couple of other questions I'm hoping you lovely people will answer.

3. Is our process affected at all by the fact that we are applying in the London office but living in Germany?

4. Many of the your taglines say "AOR Completed:..." Can I confirm that this is the email sent by the Canadian government listing your UCI and application number. If not, I'm afraid I'm rather bewildered by what it is exactly.

Thank you all for your time!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Applicant7 said:
Hi all,

I have a couple of questions for you (much more knowledgable people) about our current application for permanent residence.

We (I'm Canadian, my common-law partner is British) applied for PR in late November and found out I have been accepted as a sponsor in early January. If my guess on the timeline is correct (fingers crossed), my partner could have his visa issued anytime around August. This is partially concerning for a couple of reasons.

1. We weren't planning on moving to Canada until late September, early October. If the visa is issued before that, how long will it take to expire? How long (and how much hassle!) will it take to get renewed. If we inform the visa office of our date of departure prior to visa being issued does that help?

Whatever comes first of your passport or medical expiring. If you had your medical in October, you must enter before that date, unless your passport expires before that

2. If we move to Canada before PR is awarded, will we have to fly back to London if we have to have an interview? Will this disrupt the process at all? How soon is an interview usually conducted and why are they usually requested?

Usually an interview makes the process a bit longer. From what I've learned maybe a month.. Someone else can answer better

And a couple of other questions I'm hoping you lovely people will answer.

3. Is our process affected at all by the fact that we are applying in the London office but living in Germany?

No.

4. Many of the your taglines say "AOR Completed:..." Can I confirm that this is the email sent by the Canadian government listing your UCI and application number. If not, I'm afraid I'm rather bewildered by what it is exactly.

Yes

Thank you all for your time!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
1) It expires on the first anniversary of your most recent medical examination. It cannot be extended or renewed.
2) Yes, you would have to return for any interviews. The odds of being called are not that high.
3) Not really. He is entitled to nominate London.
4) AOR is normally issued by CPC-M, usually via email. London doesn't tend to issue a second one, unlike some other visa offices.

togethersoon

Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
File Transfer...
"In Process" Jan 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March, 2013
Passport Req..
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2014
LANDED..........
April 3, 2014
Hi all!

This may be a very stupid question, but the research I've done doesn't clarify it much for me either.

My husband has not received his PPR as of yet, but I was wondering (just for the sake of knowing), just how the PPR works for the London VO? What are the instructions on the PPR? Is it possible at all to drop off the passport to be stamped (and pick it up again when it's been stamped), or is it a strictly by-post (ie, Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For) procedure?

I understand that most members on the forum have had direct COPRs through post, but if anyone else has experience with PPR, could you help me out?

Any and all expertise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your kindness and support.

mrslc_wright

Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Just a quick one....

I have sent an email to the London office for a 'case specific enquiry'. It says a reply can take up to 28 working days. Has anyone else sent an email and received a quicker response?

I just want to know if I will be waiting the whole 28 days for an answer.

Thank you :) X

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
mrslc_wright said:
Just a quick one....

I have sent an email to the London office for a 'case specific enquiry'. It says a reply can take up to 28 working days. Has anyone else sent an email and received a quicker response?

I just want to know if I will be waiting the whole 28 days for an answer.

Thank you :) X
I just sent them an email about 2 weeks ago. They got back to me in one week.

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
wowsers said:
Quebec and all the other francophone areas in eastern Canada?
The UK is not the motherland of France as you stated.

I know the process is time consuming and stressful. However, no-one should have priority because they feel they are from a 'connected by hierarchy' country. It took my partner a whole lot longer to get to being a UK perm resident when the tables were turned.

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
jkgtr said:
definatly the plan is for her to go first into her profession which is in education so that will start with the new term in September and i will either go with depending on how far along the application is or after
Then don't worry :D

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
Heppster said:
I just sent them an email about 2 weeks ago. They got back to me in one week.
What did they say to you, bud?

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
MCARTER82 said:
What did they say to you, bud?
They told me that "our application is still awaiting officer review." I am not going to lie, I am getting quite anxious to get the DM already. I know that according to their website processing takes 10 months, but if that is the case why are some people getting DM in 1-3 months? Unfair if you ask me. It sucks that they still have not even looked at our application yet. Our plan is to move to Canada at the beginning of May so I would like to see some progress here shortly. They really should offer an expedited service. It's a win-win. They get applications finalized sooner, keep people happy, and they make more money doing it that way.. Only one can wish for such service from the Canadian Government.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Those that are only able to afford a "normal" service would be penalised by all those who had money to burn. That would be incredibly unfair. I am very glad that we don't have such an option...

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
zardoz said:
Those that are only able to afford a "normal" service would be penalised by all those who had money to burn. That would be incredibly unfair. I am very glad that we don't have such an option...
Supply and demand my friend! And there is certainly demand :) But you're probably right.

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
markstimson said:
Supply and demand my friend! And there is certainly demand :) But you're probably right.

Just having one of those days where I am frustrated seeing so much movement happening with applications that have been submitted months after mine. Hearing that our application is still awaiting Officer Review was a real blow. They say that they work on applications the order in which they are received. That is complete BS and I would like to know what their system is, or lack thereof... It seems unfair that so many wait month upon months while others are in and out within a few months.