+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

togethersoon

Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
File Transfer...
"In Process" Jan 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March, 2013
Passport Req..
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2014
LANDED..........
April 3, 2014
After more than 7 months of seeing "Application Received" on ECAS, my husband and I finally discovered it to be "In Process" yesterday!!! ;D
It officially shows it to be "In Process" since January 23, 2014.
Our file has been with CIC since June 4, 2013, and has been at the London VO since July 11, 2013. We are also a NON-visa exempt married file.
Additionally, we asked my MP's office for information 2 weeks ago, and found out a few days ago that the visa is ready to be looked at/ "ready for issuance".
I then sent a case specific inquiry on January 25th. ECAS was down during the weekend, but as soon as I checked last night (Jan 27), it showed "In Process"!

Here's to hoping we get our PPR soon! Wishing everyone lots of luck!

mahrukhshoaib

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Sep 2013
Doc's Request.
30 April 2014
AOR Received.
8 Oct 2013
File Transfer...
24 Oct 2013
Med's Request
3 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
11 Sep 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1&2- 20 Oct 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18 Nov 2014
LANDED..........
28 Nov 2014 ALHAMDOLILLAH
togethersoon said:
After more than 6 months of seeing "Application Received" on ECAS, my husband and I finally discovered it to be "In Process" yesterday!!! ;D
Our file has been at the London VO since July 11, 2013. We are also a NON-visa exempt married file.
Additionally, we asked my MP's office for information 2 weeks ago, and found out a few days ago that the visa is ready to be looked at/ "ready for issuance".
I then sent a case specific inquiry on January 25th. ECAS was down during the weekend, but as soon as I checked last night (Jan 27), it showed "In Process"!

congarts togethersoon, i was really waiting to hear something good from u. happy for u

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
togethersoon said:
After more than 6 months of seeing "Application Received" on ECAS, my husband and I finally discovered it to be "In Process" yesterday!!! ;D
Our file has been at the London VO since July 11, 2013. We are also a NON-visa exempt married file.

Congratulations! Why did you ask MP for information when you were significantly under the posted processing time? I was under the impression they wouldn't or couldn't help until you past the posted processing yimeline

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you guys know that I sent a Case Specific Inquiry a week ago asking about the status of my wife's application. Although we applied in July, I thought I would check because I can not trust ECAS. Anyways, they replied and said that our application is still awaiting Officer review. It did feel nice to hear something since the Sponsorship Approval. Anyways, I am still hoping for an early Feb "In Process." We will see how it goes! Hope to see more green on the spreadsheet soon.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Heppster said:
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you guys know that I sent a Case Specific Inquiry a week ago asking about the status of my wife's application. Although we applied in July, I thought I would check because I can not trust ECAS. Anyways, they replied and said that our application is still awaiting Officer review. It did feel nice to hear something since the Sponsorship Approval. Anyways, I am still hoping for an early Feb "In Process." We will see how it goes! Hope to see more green on the spreadsheet soon.
Good luck! It must be frustrating to see people apply months after you receive a decision made already.

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Becki567 said:
Good luck! It must be frustrating to see people apply months after you receive a decision made already.
I know how u must feel, my file was sent to London on 10th June 2013
And still no visa yet. :(
I came to Canada as a visitor for 6months hoping by the end of the 6th month (which would have made it 7months in waiting) I would have my visa. Tomorrow I go back to UK and will have to find work as our finances are low and have to find work and if the visa comes I will then be able to go and live with my wife and start a job and a life together. It's so frustrating as I have met many people in Canada who have had their visa in 3-5 months. It's sooooo frustrating.
Hope we both have good luck and get our visa soon :)

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Has anyone had to wait more than 10 months for their visa being a UK citizen and born in the UK. My in-laws can't believe how ridiculous the wait for UK citizens is seeing that the UK is the mother land of Canada (and France)

togethersoon

Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
March, 2013
Passport Req..
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2014
LANDED..........
April 3, 2014
mahrukhshoaib said:
congarts togethersoon, i was really waiting to hear something good from u. happy for u
Thank you sooo much, mahrukhshoaib! That means a lot! I specifically send all my wishes to the non-visa exempt files, who have a much more painful wait because of background checks. My husband's country of birth (where we also waited for background checks) has undergone a lot of electoral violence and corruption, so everything must have slowed down because of that. My best wishes to all those who are waiting patiently!

togethersoon

Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
March, 2013
Passport Req..
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2014
LANDED..........
April 3, 2014
Becki567 said:
Congratulations! Why did you ask MP for information when you were significantly under the posted processing time? I was under the impression they wouldn't or couldn't help until you past the posted processing yimeline
Thank you. I just went into my MP's office and asked. They never said no..? I also did volunteer for my MP some odd years ago, but I doubt that's why they helped me. Of course, it was mentioned to me that the processing time for London VO is 10 months, but I just asked for information on my file, that's all. I've been in contact with them since November, and they constantly encouraged me to ask back for more information. In November, our file was 5 months old, and they still encouraged me to call back in January for updates.

But then again, that's just an NDP office for ya ;)

togethersoon

Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
March, 2013
Passport Req..
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2014
LANDED..........
April 3, 2014
Becki567 said:
PS: our file has been sitting as 'Application Received' for 7.5 months, with no information about a medical, or even a letter of correspondence. I was concerned about whether CIC lost our file at that point. I wouldn't say it was significantly under posted processing times, as it seems that the average time for 2013 applicants is about 5-6 months anyway..? And aside from that, because we are a non visa exempt file, my husband couldn't even visit me (which is really taking a toll on us and our ability to plan our lives).

I think all in all, it depends on your MP's office and how willing they are to make phone calls on your behalf. Give it a shot when the time comes around! (~5-6 months)

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
On the spreadsheet it says I am non-visa exempt. I am not, my mistake. If someone wants to update that, it may help others out with their timescale.

Still no news on my application, just that they received my medical results on August 7th. I have done everything required for the application and paid all of the fees etc. Hopefully I will get some news in the next couple weeks and it can be all wrapped up. I am in Canada now and I will have to renew my visa at the end of March. Hopefully I can become a resident before having to go through that procedure again!

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
Heppster said:
Hello everyone,

I got the same email from them, and then a day or 2 later we went in process online. So here's hoping the same happens to you too bud! Good luck!

bmore321

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Canada (TWP)
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2013
Doc's Request.
12-12-2013 FBI Police Report
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
File Transfer...
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
17-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014 Received COPR 3-5-2014
LANDED..........
19-05-2014
MCARTER82 said:
I got the same email from them, and then a day or 2 later we went in process online. So here's hoping the same happens to you too bud! Good luck!

Did you send them an email?

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
bmore321 said:
Did you send them an email?
Yes I sent them an email on Jan 15th and I got DM on Jan 20th. I'm not sure if I just got lucky and they were already looking at my file, or if my email woke them up. Who knows!

mahrukhshoaib

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Sep 2013
Doc's Request.
30 April 2014
AOR Received.
8 Oct 2013
File Transfer...
24 Oct 2013
Med's Request
3 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
11 Sep 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1&2- 20 Oct 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18 Nov 2014
LANDED..........
28 Nov 2014 ALHAMDOLILLAH
togethersoon said:
Thank you sooo much, mahrukhshoaib! That means a lot! I specifically send all my wishes to the non-visa exempt files, who have a much more painful wait because of background checks. My husband's country of birth (where we also waited for background checks) has undergone a lot of electoral violence and corruption, so everything must have slowed down because of that. My best wishes to all those who are waiting patiently!
I was wondering which country are u from ? I am sponsoring my Pakistani husband and I am a Canadian resident (not a citizen yet). For some unknown reason my file is sent to London visa office. And I know a couple of other Pakistani files sent to London so I am sure this isn’t a mistake or something. So I am just trying to relate my case to yours.