+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
MCARTER82 said:
Thanks!

AOR is when the Visa Office confirm they have received your application. ECAS is the online system on the CIC website.
Does London visa office confirms receipt of application? My application was sent there 6th of January and still no update on the status.
And another question is how I can get application number to check the status? I check it now with my sponsor id number which I guess is the same regarding updates made to application. Am I right?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
saeedar said:
Does London visa office confirms receipt of application? My application was sent there 6th of January and still no update on the status.
And another question is how I can get application number to check the status? I check it now with my sponsor id number which I guess is the same regarding updates made to application. Am I right?
London doesn't seem to send a stage 2 AOR. We never received one.
Your application number should begin with "F" and should have been sent to your sponsor from CPC-M.

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
zardoz said:
London doesn't seem to send a stage 2 AOR. We never received one.
Your application number should begin with "F" and should have been sent to your sponsor from CPC-M.
Great! I found it!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
For those of you not married and have sent in ur application or got it approved:

Do I (principal applicant) need to put n/a in question 12-19 in the questionnaire? Even though I put "no" for married and is asked to skip to Q 20?

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I am currently in Canada as a visitor while waiting for my visa, its been 9 months now since my application has been in progress, my sister checks my mail in the uk for me, does the visa come in an envelope with any stamps or logos for her to recognise the visa has come. Also do they only notify you by post or do they email you as well to confirm you have been accepted.
Any help would be great.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
B1007 said:
Hi Everyone,

I am currently in Canada as a visitor while waiting for my visa, its been 9 months now since my application has been in progress, my sister checks my mail in the uk for me, does the visa come in an envelope with any stamps or logos for her to recognise the visa has come. Also do they only notify you by post or do they email you as well to confirm you have been accepted.
Any help would be great.
It's extremely obvious where the envelope comes from, and she (or someone else) will have to sign for it.

Canadaplease

Jan 21, 2014
Hello, I am have been browsing the forum and I'm just getting a little nervous about my approval. I was asked for the right of permanent residence fee at the beginning of Nov, paid it immediately and sent the receipt to Mississauga. Anybody know far along I am in the process time wise and I had assumed that this is a good sign, am I accurate?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
B1007 said:
Hi Everyone,

Any help would be great.
Why don't you change your address with CIC so that your COPR is mailed to you in Canada?

canuknz

Jul 8, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2013
We're going to arrive in Canada in March with my husband entering as a visitor until his PR is approved. Although we're hoping for quick approval, I realize there are no guarantees and we'll try to be patient! But I'm just wondering if we'll get an email or a letter when his application is approved? Or do we just keep checking the website? And then how long from receiving word of PR approval until he can actually work? He's got a few companies who have said they'll make him a job offer, but not until he's in the country and legally allowed to work I just want to know what to expect and trying to figure out how long we'll have to live on my salary. I guess I better find a job eh?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
canuknz said:
We're going to arrive in Canada in March with my husband entering as a visitor until his PR is approved. Although we're hoping for quick approval, I realize there are no guarantees and we'll try to be patient! But I'm just wondering if we'll get an email or a letter when his application is approved? Or do we just keep checking the website? And then how long from receiving word of PR approval until he can actually work? He's got a few companies who have said they'll make him a job offer, but not until he's in the country and legally allowed to work I just want to know what to expect and trying to figure out how long we'll have to live on my salary. I guess I better find a job eh?
There isn't usually a letter or email sent out when the application is approved. Usually, ECAS changes to Decision Made and within a few weeks, the COPR arrives in the mail. Sometimes, ECAS doesn't change to DM and people who still thought their app was being processed suddenly get the COPR in the mail.

Just to clarify, receiving word that his app has been approved doesn't make him a PR. He must still land as a PR by leaving Canada and then re-entering. The easiest way to do that is to flagpole: go to the Canada-US border, cross into the US and come back through Canadian immigration.

Once he has landed, he can go get his SIN and start working.

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
canuknz said:
i have been in canada for 6 months now and our visa has been in progress for 9 months, I hope my visa comes when i go back, how long will it have been in march for you?
also my wife wasn't working at time of application but after application was sent she returned to canada and started working. We than got an email from immigration asking for proof she is working and can support me (when aplying they say the sponsor doesnt have to be working). So it may be better to be in work as the seem to want the sponsor in employment. Waiting sucks. Hope yours comes while ur both in canada. I fly back to London next week and dont know how long i will be away from my wife :(

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Is there a January spreadsheet? I just sent my app in..

FINALLY..

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Graihn said:
Is there a January spreadsheet? I just sent my app in..

FINALLY..
I can add you to the 2014 part of the London spreadsheet, if that's what you're looking for, and let me know when the applications reaches Mississauga for more accuracy on the spreadsheet. Good luck, now the waiting begins!