+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
maica1x said:
Hi All, I've recently sent in my outland application to Mississauga. Does anyone know when and how (post or email) I get an identification number to check my case progress online? Thanks
15-30 days, they are slower now than in December.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
jennfwa said:
Mine was all colour coded and organised too, but when they sent it back to me because I missed a form they had already re-sorted it in another order.
Can you share with us how it was re-ordered?

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
herewecome said:
The UK is not the motherland of France as you stated.

I know the process is time consuming and stressful. However, no-one should have priority because they feel they are from a 'connected by hierarchy' country. It took my partner a whole lot longer to get to being a UK perm resident when the tables were turned.
I see that the stress is getting to you. Calm down! I did not state anything. B1007,who did, clearly meant that France as well as the UK was the motherland of Canada. And I have not read anything in this thread suggesting that applicants from 'connected by hierarchy' countries should have priority.

olliekav

Feb 4, 2014
So Royal Mail have just shown our application for Spousal visa (I'm a British citizen, my wife is Canadian) has arrived at the Mississauga office, now the waiting begins. After the hellish waiting times we went through getting British visas for my wife hopefully this one goes through a bit smoother!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
olliekav said:
So Royal Mail have just shown our application for Spousal visa (I'm a British citizen, my wife is Canadian) has arrived at the Mississauga office, now the waiting begins. After the hellish waiting times we went through getting British visas for my wife hopefully this one goes through a bit smoother!
How long ago did you apply for a visa for your wife? We did exactly the same thing in Feb 2005 and it just sailed through...

olliekav

Feb 4, 2014
zardoz said:
How long ago did you apply for a visa for your wife? We did exactly the same thing in Feb 2005 and it just sailed through...
We've been through various ones, highly skilled migrant, engagement, marriage & indefinite leave to remain + a renewal. That indefinite leave visa (2010/11 I think) took over 11 months and we had to get our local MP involved in the end as she needed to go back to Canada for family reasons and they wouldn't give us any details on progress (this was around the time all that news came up about visa applications being left in boxes untouched). She'd already been in the country for 5 years! Because they took our passports we were basically trapped in England.

I'm not sure if she will bother with citizenship now seeing as we are going to move to Canada.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
My wife went for citizenship for two very good reasons.

1) It was to distract her from worrying about our Canadian PR application, as she had to really study the Life in the UK test material.
2) It provides us a safety net so that we can return to the UK if Canada doesn't work out for us (specifically me). Without the citizenship, the ILR would lapse and we would have to start all over again.

You might wish to consider the benefits of 2) at least... Under 6(2) of the Nationality Act, the spouse of a British citizen, applying for citizenship, doesn't have to declare intent to remain in the UK after naturalisation.

mrslc_wright

Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Heppster said:
I just sent them an email about 2 weeks ago. They got back to me in one week.
Thank you. I hope we hear soon. So tired of waiting...

olliekav

Feb 4, 2014
zardoz said:
My wife went for citizenship for two very good reasons.

1) It was to distract her from worrying about our Canadian PR application, as she had to really study the Life in the UK test material.
2) It provides us a safety net so that we can return to the UK if Canada doesn't work out for us (specifically me). Without the citizenship, the ILR would lapse and we would have to start all over again.

You might wish to consider the benefits of 2) at least... Under 6(2) of the Nationality Act, the spouse of a British citizen, applying for citizenship, doesn't have to declare intent to remain in the UK after naturalisation.
Some good points, thanks. She has already passed the Life in the UK test so we are already some way through the process. I guess it would be worth getting it done.

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
olliekav said:
Would you like to be added to the spreadsheet (in my signature)? It is helpful to others to see more applications and their processing times :)

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
wowsers said:
I see that the stress is getting to you. Calm down! I did not state anything. B1007,who did, clearly meant that France as well as the UK was the motherland of Canada. And I have not read anything in this thread suggesting that applicants from 'connected by hierarchy' countries should have priority.
Sorry got wrong person. France is not the motherland of Canada. No stress here. Just get fed up of Brits who think they should be done quicker than other countries. Trust me, this is all patience training as things move uber slow in everyday life here (Canada).

haritsharma

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI/INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 April,2013
AOR Received.
26 APRIL 2013
Med's Done....
2 MARCH 2013
Interview........
15 MARCH 2014
Passport Req..
12 JUNE 2013
VISA ISSUED...
VISA REFUSED11/04/2014
Hello, i received a e-mail from visa officer and they said mine interview is on mid march 2014.i am very upset now.my problem is my education qualification.I am only 10+2 and my spouse qualification is MA Hindi,MA English and one year diploma.but till now i am working in state govt. service from my age of 20 years.my whole family living in Canada and my spouse whole family living in Canada also.but they both are living in different states.even my brother in law was married with my sister after 2 days of my wedding.he is cousin brother of my spouse.but our marriages are real.we both belongs to same culture,same cast,same language,same religion,first marriage both and we performed weddings and receptions very well.our marriages are arrange marriages.when my spouse in Canada i was talk with her on Skype 1st time but now i have no Skype history due to i am not using Skype after that.we talk every day on our mobile phones.i have only last six months calling details.my parents and my spouse parents come from Canada on wedding.about 10 people come from Canada on our wedding but now i feel visa officer looks our marriages are not real but our weddings are real it is true.how i prove/show in front of visa officer.i am very confused.please advise me?

dj322

Sep 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th June 2013
File Transfer...
12th July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2014
LANDED..........
Already here
Hey all,

So I logged into ecas recently and it states a decision has been made and the office will contact me shortly. The date an officer reviewed the file was 22nd Jan 2014. It doesn't state what date the decision was made and when the correspondence was posted to me. I have been anxiously checking the post box practically everyday, sometimes 3 times a day but still nothing. Any ideas how long it takes to receive it in the post? I applied to the London office but have requested for it to be posted to Canada and ecas has my Canadian address.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
dj322 said:
Hey all,

So I logged into ecas recently and it states a decision has been made and the office will contact me shortly. The date an officer reviewed the file was 22nd Jan 2014. It doesn't state what date the decision was made and when the correspondence was posted to me. I have been anxiously checking the post box practically everyday, sometimes 3 times a day but still nothing. Any ideas how long it takes to receive it in the post? I applied to the London office but have requested for it to be posted to Canada and ecas has my Canadian address.
Congrats! if you haven't been asked for more documents, and you have a "normal" case, then it's approved. Depending on where you live in Canada, it can take somewhere between 1 to 2 weeks to arrive at your address, so it should be there any day now. If next week you don't have anything, write a case-specific enquiry to London asking when the COPR was posted.
Sweden