+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
At Toronto airport. I've just landed as a Permanent Resident. Please can someone update the spreadsheet?

Pretty simple process. Long wait at Immigration but nothing out of the ordinary.

Once my PR status was confirmed, I went to another desk to apply for my SIN number. No line up there so just walked straight in. Took less than an hour for all of it.

Lots of "Welcome to Canada" including plenty of info leaflets.

This whole process is still sinking in. Still can't believe I'm all done.

Good luck to everyone here and thank you for all your help and advise.

preity_4

Nov 19, 2013
MCARTER82 said:
At Toronto airport. I've just landed as a Permanent Resident. Please can someone update the spreadsheet?

Pretty simple process. Long wait at Immigration but nothing out of the ordinary.

Once my PR status was confirmed, I went to another desk to apply for my SIN number. No line up there so just walked straight in. Took less than an hour for all of it.

Congrats and Welcome to Canada ;). Good luck!!!
Hoping my husband's application shows some progress too...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
MCARTER82 said:

Which terminal did you complete your landing in?

aliasif83

Mar 1, 2013
I have received an Email from London Visa Office it says my Medical is under review

any Idea What next and how long it will take

Thanks

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
zardoz said:
Which terminal did you complete your landing in?
Terminal 3

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
preity_4 said:
Congrats and Welcome to Canada ;). Good luck!!!
Hoping my husband's application shows some progress too...
Thanks! Hoping for good news for you guys soon!

dj322

Sep 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th June 2013
File Transfer...
12th July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2014
LANDED..........
Already here
Hey all!

Just to let you know my CoPR finally arrived in the post. It had been posted by London on 24th Jan 2014 (2 days after my case being reviewed by an officer and approved) and I received it today (11th February 2014) in Canada. Here are my stats to add to the spreadsheet:

Application received in Mississauga: 10th June 2013
Common Law or Married: Married
Sponsor Approval: 12th July 2013
"In Process" on ECAS: 22nd January 2014
Extra Docs/ Medical Ext Req'd? : N
Decision Made / PPR: 24th January 2014

I guess the next part will be to go out and come back into Canada now to finalise this long winded and draining process. Finally I can erase the ecas login details from my memory and stop checking the mailbox like crazy!!! I'm just wondering about the landing/border process as the notes that came with the CoPR mentions having bank statements at the ready etc etc

If anyone would like advice or help feel free to contact me. This forum has been one of the greatest ones I have come across and it is so cool to know there are so many helpful souls out there. ;D

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
MCARTER82 said:

Congratulations! So Exciting!

And WELCOME TO CANADA ;)

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Hope to be joining you in a few weeks .A few delays .Waiting for marriage certificate to arrive and also my step sons police report and medical .We did all the paper work in Dec when my husband was over on vacation, but the law for the age of dependent didn't change to 18 so now have to re- do application .My question is guys do i have to pay for him even if he is not coming with his dad .I have already paid all the fee's how would i go about paying these now ?

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
dj322 said:
Hey all!

Just to let you know my CoPR finally arrived in the post. It had been posted by London on 24th Jan 2014 (2 days after my case being reviewed by an officer and approved) and I received it today (11th February 2014) in Canada. Here are my stats to add to the spreadsheet:

Application received in Mississauga: 10th June 2013
Common Law or Married: Married
Sponsor Approval: 12th July 2013
"In Process" on ECAS: 22nd January 2014
Extra Docs/ Medical Ext Req'd? : N
Decision Made / PPR: 24th January 2014

I guess the next part will be to go out and come back into Canada now to finalise this long winded and draining process. Finally I can erase the ecas login details from my memory and stop checking the mailbox like crazy!!! I'm just wondering about the landing/border process as the notes that came with the CoPR mentions having bank statements at the ready etc etc

If anyone would like advice or help feel free to contact me. This forum has been one of the greatest ones I have come across and it is so cool to know there are so many helpful souls out there. ;D
I wasn't asked to provide bank statements. It says on the COPR notes that if you have been sponsored under family class, there is no need to provide proof of funds.

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
Becki567 said:
Congratulations! So Exciting!

And WELCOME TO CANADA ;)
Thank you! :)

dj322

Sep 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th June 2013
File Transfer...
12th July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2014
LANDED..........
Already here
So I have received my CoPR and am now wondering what is the easiest way to get this activated as it were. I am currently inside Canada so wanted to know is it best to flagpole? We are actually planning on going away to the states around April possibly, so shall I wait until then and then activate the PR when I fly back into Canada?

Alternatively, I was wondering if I could just drive to the nearest port of entry (in my case Vancouver airport) and just speak to someone there such as an immigration officer who might be able to activate the PR, rather than going around the houses crossing borders etc.

Also once activated would I receive a PR card in the post? How long does this normally take to arrive?

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
dj322 said:
So I have received my CoPR and am now wondering what is the easiest way to get this activated as it were. I am currently inside Canada so wanted to know is it best to flagpole? We are actually planning on going away to the states around April possibly, so shall I wait until then and then activate the PR when I fly back into Canada?

Alternatively, I was wondering if I could just drive to the nearest port of entry (in my case Vancouver airport) and just speak to someone there such as an immigration officer who might be able to activate the PR, rather than going around the houses crossing borders etc.

Also once activated would I receive a PR card in the post? How long does this normally take to arrive?
If you are in Vancouver, you will have to drive down to the border and flagpole there, Peace Arch is the closest. It is not possible to flagpole at YVR without physically leaving the country.

I am also pretty sure that you have to pay $50 for your pr card and you have to order it from the cic website. Someone who has done it may have a better idea than me!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Brit_Immigrant said:
If you are in Vancouver, you will have to drive down to the border and flagpole there, Peace Arch is the closest. It is not possible to flagpole at YVR without physically leaving the country.

I am also pretty sure that you have to pay $50 for your pr card and you have to order it from the cic website. Someone who has done it may have a better idea than me!
Your PR card is ordered at the same time as your landing. There is nothing that you need to do, or pay.

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Heppster said:
B1007,

I noticed that you are not on the Spreadsheet, unless you are on it with a different name. If you would like to be added to it, could you provide the dates of Application Received, Sponsorship Approval, Date In Process on ECAS if and when it happens, and whether or not you applied Common Law or Married. Do please let everyone know when the ball starts rolling for you!
Hi Ya,

Didn't know how to add my details in the spreadsheet.
Application sent to Canada: 30th May 2013
Application sent to London: 10th June
Meds done: April 2013
Went Canada for 6 months in August came back 30th Jan 2014
Waiting 8 Months and two days now