+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
Graihn said:
Have anyone who applied at the London office been required to submit a police record from the time in Canada, on top of the one from your home country/other countries you've resided in?
Yes, I have. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
markstimson said:
Yes, I have. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
Ok.. Dam
I was under the impression that they would do the check for me?
I have been in Canada for 11 months in 2011-2012, then from Dec 2012 until now (will apply in January)

Is this required for all applicants? Or was yours a unique case?

graihn

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
Graihn said:
Ok.. Dam
I was under the impression that they would do the check for me?
I have been in Canada for 11 months in 2011-2012, then from Dec 2012 until now (will apply in January)

Is this required for all applicants? Or was yours a unique case?

graihn
Unique case! Although I know have others have been asked too, it isn't a requirement of the standard application. They email you if you are required to submit one. My name matched a known criminal so I was asked to send one in which is a very straightforward process.

CkMaddall

Sep 14, 2012
Just flag poled and got my SIN number!! Woooohoooo!

Can someone update my details on the spreadsheet - comments: Extra information request sent. I also asked our MP for an update, and our application was then processed within 3 weeks!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
markstimson said:
Unique case! Although I know have others have been asked too, it isn't a requirement of the standard application. They email you if you are required to submit one. My name matched a known criminal so I was asked to send one in which is a very straightforward process.
Got this from Rob_TO in another thread, guess I missed it !

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp
You and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens must provide:
-valid police certificate, or
-police clearance, or
-record of no information.
These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six (6) consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
Graihn said:
Have anyone who applied at the London office been required to submit a police record from the time in Canada, on top of the one from your home country/other countries you've resided in?
I had to go to a police station in Canada to have my fingerprints taken and sent to the RCMP, if that's what you mean?

Nocsy

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
23-05-2013
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Hi all

I landed as a PR on Saturday and just wanted to share a quick summary of my experience as I know I was interested in other peoples before I landed:

I landed at Toronto Pearson on Sat 30. At the customs desk I stated I was landing as a permanent resident and handed over my passport, COPR and landing card (I was told by the officer to check the 'Unaccomapnied goods' box on the card as I have goods to follow). I was directed through to Immigration.

After 45 minutes in the 'line up' (not queue :)) I was called forth. I Just asked the officer to change the address on the COPR as it was wrong. My COPR was completed and passport was stamped (with the PR number written underneath). I was processed by an officer in about 5 mins.

I was given info on SIN and health card at a desk and some immigration leaflets and magazines. You can apply for your SIN straight away at the airport in immigration but at this point I was desparate to see my finance.

I picked up my luggage and was directed to the 'goods to declare' area. I handed over my B4 and B4a forms which I filled out in the UK. The officer entered it all into the computer and stamped a document confirming no duty to pay. Then had a teary reunion with after 5 months apart.

I have since got my SIN number from service Canada and started work today. I couldn't get my OHIP health card as I did not have proof of address. I should get this today when I open a bank account and get them to send me something.

Going well so far. It's not too cold and even sunny today. It couldn't have been a happier start to my new life Canada.

Sufi2013

Apr 25, 2013
Hey i was just wondering if you need your birth certicate when you land as a pr with COPR at an airport or port of entry?
Thanks alot in advance.

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Sufi2013 said:
Hey i was just wondering if you need your birth certicate when you land as a pr with COPR at an airport or port of entry?
Thanks alot in advance.
No, the only things that you must have with you are the two copies of the COPR and your passport.

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
Nocsy said:
Hi all

I landed as a PR on Saturday and just wanted to share a quick summary of my experience as I know I was interested in other peoples before I landed:

I landed at Toronto Pearson on Sat 30. At the customs desk I stated I was landing as a permanent resident and handed over my passport, COPR and landing card (I was told by the officer to check the 'Unaccomapnied goods' box on the card as I have goods to follow). I was directed through to Immigration.

After 45 minutes in the 'line up' (not queue :)) I was called forth. I Just asked the officer to change the address on the COPR as it was wrong. My COPR was completed and passport was stamped (with the PR number written underneath). I was processed by an officer in about 5 mins.

I was given info on SIN and health card at a desk and some immigration leaflets and magazines. You can apply for your SIN straight away at the airport in immigration but at this point I was desparate to see my finance.

I picked up my luggage and was directed to the 'goods to declare' area. I handed over my B4 and B4a forms which I filled out in the UK. The officer entered it all into the computer and stamped a document confirming no duty to pay. Then had a teary reunion with after 5 months apart.

I have since got my SIN number from service Canada and started work today. I couldn't get my OHIP health card as I did not have proof of address. I should get this today when I open a bank account and get them to send me something.

Going well so far. It's not too cold and even sunny today. It couldn't have been a happier start to my new life Canada.
Congratulations and welcome to Toronto! It's a great city and seems like your entry went seamlessly albeit with a bit of a wait.

Interesting to hear that you can apply for your SIN at the airport. I did not know that and wish I knew when I landed recently. Would have saved a trip to City Hall...Can you share more details of how you do that at Pearson as it would be useful info for the other soon to be immigrants.

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Nocsy said:
Hi all

Congrats and welcome to Canada.My husband is landing on Dec 24 and I will be grateful if you could give more details regarding how to apply for the Sin Number at Pearson Airport and how much money he has to bring in and what are the questions they ask at the immigration and also regarding goods if you know any cheap cargo.thanks a lot for the information :D

Nocsy

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
23-05-2013
Med's Request
20-08-2013
markstimson said:
Congratulations and welcome to Toronto! It's a great city and seems like your entry went seamlessly albeit with a bit of a wait.

Interesting to hear that you can apply for your SIN at the airport. I did not know that and wish I knew when I landed recently. Would have saved a trip to City Hall...Can you share more details of how you do that at Pearson as it would be useful info for the other soon to be immigrants.
After you have your PR processed and stamped you leave the immigration area via a small room which has desks where someone hands out leaflets, magazines, SIN and OHIP forms. The guy at the desk said I could apply for my SIN at a window at the far end of the immigraion hall (past the waiting area). I needed to go downtown the next day anyway and I have applied for a SIN before at city hall so I was happy to wait....and I think my fiance would have killed me if I had taken any longer.

I would suggest just asking the people at the desk or even the immigration office for more info on getting your SIN there and then.

CDAN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
COPR arrived after a week of decision made!!!

Finally this long wait is over! Thank you for this forum, and those who were supportive.
We are a common law couple that applied outland and experienced an interview!

If anyone needs help our just words of encouragement just send us a message!

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Hi everyone,
I have a question to ask, when completing the visa forms it stated the sponsor (my wife) did not have to be employed (we completed the forms in London)as we were in London at the time she was not working and had a job waiting for her to start when she went back to Canada which we provided evidence for with the application.

Today we received this email from immigration:

"Dear Applicant,

In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document.

Evidence of sponsor's employment in Canada

Please forward all requested documents together to the address below within 60 days from the date of this email. If we do not hear from you within that period, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information on file and your application may be refused. Please allow four months for us to review incoming correspondence. All documents submitted in support of your application are subject to verification with the issuing authority. Please do not contact us unless there are significant issues which need to be brought to our attention. Please quote your file number on all correspondence, including the envelope. Your file number is included in the subject field of this email.

Q: has anyone had this problem and how will this affect our application as my wife lives in saskatchewan but we put on out visa forms we would like to live in Calgary eventually?

Any help would be so appreciated :)

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
CDAN said:
COPR arrived after a week of decision made!!!

Finally this long wait is over! Thank you for this forum, and those who were supportive.
We are a common law couple that applied outland and experienced an interview!

If anyone needs help our just words of encouragement just send us a message!
What was the red flag that called for an interview? Lack of proof the relationship was genuine on continuous? Please let me know so I can avoid a potential interview.

Thanks!