+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
I am in the process of gathering all the documents to our application, and I have a couple of questions regarding Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409]

We have a joint bank account, and we are beneficiaries on each others life insurance policies. That is about it (other than all the proof of our genuine relationship plus the Rogers bill).

Will those "Yes - checked" boxes be enough? Or will they red flag the fact that we are not both listed on the condo we live in? He owns the condo, and we have had it listed on MLS as for sale since July so that we can buy/rent something together.

Appreciate any replies, and whatever we can do to to prove our common-law union.

Oh, and also, can we add each other to the Canada Income Tax Act thingy before we do our taxes next year?

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
Dubrider said:
Just received my COPR this evening, it's funny how a few pieces of paper are the bi product of a lot of hard work and anguish. I'm looking to land at north Portal, SK next week end. It is my intention to take a few friends down to Minot for a week end away and land when we return to canada. I'm not imagining this will be a problem, does anyone have experience of doing something like this?

Thanks
Congrats!
When did you file your application? It does not appear as though you are on the spreadsheet. Here is the link to the spreadsheet... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvI5l_hMO7UKdHc2LUJuZ2Itcld2Vk1WR25GeVZxYVE#gid=19

Would you mind letting us know so we can have a better idea of timelines? Thanks!

katiebates

Oct 24, 2013
regina sask
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Graihn said:
I am in the process of gathering all the documents to our application, and I have a couple of questions regarding Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409]

We have a joint bank account, and we are beneficiaries on each others life insurance policies. That is about it (other than all the proof of our genuine relationship plus the Rogers bill).

Will those "Yes - checked" boxes be enough? Or will they red flag the fact that we are not both listed on the condo we live in? He owns the condo, and we have had it listed on MLS as for sale since July so that we can buy/rent something together.

Appreciate any replies, and whatever we can do to to prove our common-law union.

Oh, and also, can we add each other to the Canada Income Tax Act thingy before we do our taxes next year?

Hi there

My boyfriend is Canadian and we are applying inland under the common law sponsorship. i am just waiting for his tax stuff in the post then we are sending it off!!!!!

anyways enough of my excitement!....
i am not named on the house we live in, so i wont be sending them anything for that. I am named on his life insurance, we have joint bank accounts, we have joint power bills, we have 2 different people write a letter validating us being in a common law relationship, we had a letter from the post office saying we are jointly on their system for the po box, emails, proof of flights, cards and letters sent, photos and i think thats about it.
i think showing them the "story" of how long you have been together, trips and visits you have had and anything showing them you are in love is what they want. Of course the officail proof also like banks and life insurances etc.
Im not sure about the tax thing, i didnt do that.

Well all the best!

kate

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Thanks for your reply!
I guess we can contact the post office, and also call the hydro company!

Great tips, thanks! We have two notarized letters from family and friends, and lots of more letters. But the notarized ones were made in July 2013. Can those expire? If they do, or they don't, will still have two more letters notarized just before the application is to be sent!

I think it is nice to hear that the London office works in 4-5 months and not 7 as it says on the web site (CIC)

I think this site is great, and when I gain some more knowledge I will help out and share that knowledge!

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
katiebates said:
Hi there

My boyfriend is Canadian and we are applying inland under the common law sponsorship. i am just waiting for his tax stuff in the post then we are sending it off!!!!!

anyways enough of my excitement!....
i am not named on the house we live in, so i wont be sending them anything for that. I am named on his life insurance, we have joint bank accounts, we have joint power bills, we have 2 different people write a letter validating us being in a common law relationship, we had a letter from the post office saying we are jointly on their system for the po box, emails, proof of flights, cards and letters sent, photos and i think thats about it.
i think showing them the "story" of how long you have been together, trips and visits you have had and anything showing them you are in love is what they want. Of course the officail proof also like banks and life insurances etc.
Im not sure about the tax thing, i didnt do that.

Well all the best!

kate
Have you already submitted your application? Is there a reason that you are applying inland instead of outland?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Graihn said:

You don't need the Statutory Delcaration of Common-Law Union. That is only needed when the common-law partner of the sponsor is a co-signer on the app, which is not possible when the partner is the person being sponsored.

Have a look here about updating marital status with CRA http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/prsnl-nf/mrtl-eng.html

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Ok so basically leave that document all together, and just provide proof that the relationship is genuine?
It is just so confusing, this whole common law thing. Why not just call it the "Your loved one you have lived with for at least 12 months"-application, and then just tell people to show how you support each other and that you have lived together for 12 months in a loving relationship.

Dubrider

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-01-2013
Nomination.....
30-3-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
Sweden said:
Congrats! it should be all good - landing on the way back after a nice week end, a good way to celebrate! :)
Thanks Sweden :)

Dubrider

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-01-2013
Nomination.....
30-3-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
Heppster said:
Congrats!
When did you file your application? It does not appear as though you are on the spreadsheet. Here is the link to the spreadsheet... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvI5l_hMO7UKdHc2LUJuZ2Itcld2Vk1WR25GeVZxYVE#gid=19

Would you mind letting us know so we can have a better idea of timelines? Thanks!
You're going to hate me, I actually am a skilled PNP applicant but this thread was the only one I could find that was associated with the London VO. So my timeline probably isn't relevant to your spreadsheet.

I've managed to take a lot away from the discussions in this thread though for my own application process, and for that I'm very greatful

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Have anyone who applied at the London office been required to submit a police record from the time in Canada, on top of the one from your home country/other countries you've resided in?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Dubrider said:
You're going to hate me, I actually am a skilled PNP applicant but this thread was the only one I could find that was associated with the London VO. So my timeline probably isn't relevant to your spreadsheet.

I've managed to take a lot away from the discussions in this thread though for my own application process, and for that I'm very greatful
We don't really hate many people around here! :) PNP applicants usually get faster to Canada, because of the employment offer beforehand, but spousal via London is usually not too bad (for the majority of cases!), so you're welcome to hang in there even if you're going through a different immigration stream! :)

Dubrider

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-01-2013
Nomination.....
30-3-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
Sweden said:
We don't really hate many people around here! :) PNP applicants usually get faster to Canada, because of the employment offer beforehand, but spousal via London is usually not too bad (for the majority of cases!), so you're welcome to hang in there even if you're going through a different immigration stream! :)
Well I began my time in Canada on an IEC visa and then worked to get nominated by the PNP program. Total completion time from submitting my application to receiving my COPR was 14 Months. I've been in Canada the whole time except for a period of time that I had to go home in between my IEC visa running out and receiving my PNP application.

I've been lurking on this website since beginning my 'Walk', my application for PNP which was submitted in March 2012. It is very easy to get dissuaded and to feel redundant because of document requests, lost files and no replies from your VO. It is all worth it in the end, as I'm sure Scottish Maple and yourself can attest, Sweden.

I'd be happy to answer questions if anyone has any in regards to my application, the joy of going through this process is that we get to help those who are going through it

preity_4

Nov 19, 2013
ghunter said:
Updated, and congratulations, I think you have had the fastest application in the past few years!
Hi I am new to this forum. My husband lives in London and I live in Vancouver. We applied for his sponsorship in july 2013. 1st stage got approved in August 20, 2013. How do I get myself registered to go on the time sheet? Also we cannot log into cic website. Does someone know why?

Any helpful feedback would be appreciated!! :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
preity_4 said:
Hi I am new to this forum. My husband lives in London and I live in Vancouver. We applied for his sponsorship in july 2013. 1st stage got approved in August 20, 2013. How do I get myself registered to go on the time sheet? Also we cannot log into cic website. Does someone know why?

Any helpful feedback would be appreciated!! :)
Welcome to the thread and the waiting game :) I can add you to the spreadsheet, just let me know when exactly your application was received in Mississauga (as well as the rest of the info : medicals done, visa-exempt or not, and I suppose you're married?). It seems that some of the applicants that got sponsor approval in August have already heard back, so if you have a straightforward and complete application, hopefully you will hear something soon.

To log into ecas: maybe you're not using the right combination. Try the application file number (starting with F) + application information ( last name only, no first name, no initial). Also - depending on where your husband is from, he might have to choose (for example) Scotland/Wales etc. and not England - apparently on this thread it's a common issue when ecas login.

Good luck on your application,
Sweden

preity_4

Nov 19, 2013
Sweden said:
Welcome to the thread and the waiting game :) I can add you to the spreadsheet, just let me know when exactly your application was received in Mississauga (as well as the rest of the info : medicals done, visa-exempt or not, and I suppose you're married?). It seems that some of the applicants that got sponsor approval in August have already heard back, so if you have a straightforward and complete application, hopefully you will hear something soon.

To log into ecas: maybe you're not using the right combination. Try the application file number (starting with F) + application information ( last name only, no first name, no initial). Also - depending on where your husband is from, he might have to choose (for example) Scotland/Wales etc. and not England - apparently on this thread it's a common issue when ecas login.

Good luck on your application,
Sweden

Thank you so much for the reply. I could actually access my Ecas today following your instruction.

Here are my details below:

application was received in Mississauga July 25, 2013.
Stage 1 was approved in Aug 20, 2013
Medicals done in July 10, 2013 (on the ecas website it says medicals received)

we've been married for 2 years now. Husband has a british passport. He came twice to Canada this year for a short visit. Its getting expensive. My application should be pretty straightforward but I don't know why its taking so long.

Thank you Sweden! :)