+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Hi everyone, :)

I posted my visa forms end of May 2013 to mississagua office in Canada and after three weeks my wife who is sponsoring me received a letter stating our application is now being sent to the London office. Does any one know if are ment to receive a letter or email from the London office confirming they have recieved your forms or do we just keep waiting until the visa is confirmed.
Also has anyone else sent their visa around this time and got it already?
Thanks for any advise :)

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013

I posted my visa forms end of May 2013 to mississagua office in Canada and after three weeks my wife who is sponsoring me received a letter stating our application is now being sent to the London office. Does any one know if are ment to receive a letter or email from the London office confirming they have recieved your forms or do we just keep waiting until the visa is confirmed.

Needhelpplease

Aug 15, 2012
Thanks Canooknic.

Was he living here in Canada for a good while b4 this or within the 90 bracket?
The Cert im getting shouldnt be a problem (i hope) its now this 2yr gap from driving.

Do they ask a lot of questions? or is it poss you just give them the 'Certificate' and they do it there and the?

Thanks for your help.

katiebates

Oct 24, 2013
regina sask
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Needhelpplease said:
Thanks all for your info....

Im gonna do the Snow Squall drive to the Niagara Falls border in the Morning ;)

Lets see what fun and games happens there - Probably be refused entry back into canada - Then back refused into the USA - Will end up like Tom Hanks in that 'Terminal' Film

I swear... when i get me SIN etc im gonna start my own Immigration Call Center!!!
Ive never known so much contradicting information in my life!

Thank christ for this place :)

;D lol great post!! I totally agree!!!!!

WHOOP WHOOP... Anyone got any jobs going between Kitchener - Stratford way?

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
B1007 said:

London won't send you anything to confirm they have it. It's just a case of waiting now.

Needhelpplease

Aug 15, 2012
Jeeeez... just thought of something there...

Regarding my driving license... it says that you can exchange your UK one within 90 days of residency.
Ive been living here for 2yrs now but as a tempory residence/vistitor.
Does this mean that as i have just become a Perm/Landed immigrant that my 90days starts from this week?

I also still will only have the DVLA Certificate of proof/exchange for canadain one, as the UK wont let me re-new due to length absence from the UK - Hopefully they take this instead without issue?

Cheers again...
And soz for the mails, trying to get everything sorted today :'(

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Needhelpplease said:

Regarding my driving license... it says that you can exchange your UK one within 90 days of residency.
Does this mean that as i have just become a Perm/Landed immigrant that my 90days starts from this week?

I also still will only have the DVLA Certificate of proof/exchange for canadain one, as the UK wont let me re-new due to length absence from the UK - Hopefully they take this instead without issue?

Cheers again...
The answer is in your question. "temporary *resident*". You should have done it about 640 days ago. Have you actually been driving illegally on your UK licence all this time?

jkgtr

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Belfast
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
AOR Received.
29/01/2014
File Transfer...
29/01/2014
Med's Done....
18/10/2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
15/7/2014
LANDED..........
5/08/2014
Thanks for all the help above folks, application is now sent, also have a job application this friday lol talk about timing

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
Needhelpplease said:

Cheers again...
You don't have to be a Permanent Resident to have a Canadian Drivers License. I changed my UK license to a Canadian one when I was on a temporary work visa in Canada.

poppy88

Jul 24, 2013
so sent application off in october, it was sent back after 3 weeks after i had stupidly forgot to sign a form, we had to change a minor detail and printed it off and forgot to sign, kicking ourselves now.

anyway can i be added to the sheet, application received by missi on 7th november, medicals done oct 1st
when i try to log in, do i use my partners uci, (sponsor) and his details, or my uci and my details, or his uci and my details etc, can;t seem to sign in

thanks for the help

from england, living in vancouver, british passport

Dubrider

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-01-2013
Nomination.....
30-3-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
Just received my COPR this evening, it's funny how a few pieces of paper are the bi product of a lot of hard work and anguish. I'm looking to land at north Portal, SK next week end. It is my intention to take a few friends down to Minot for a week end away and land when we return to canada. I'm not imagining this will be a problem, does anyone have experience of doing something like this?

Thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Dubrider said:
Just received my COPR this evening, it's funny how a few pieces of paper are the bi product of a lot of hard work and anguish. I'm looking to land at north Portal, SK next week end. It is my intention to take a few friends down to Minot for a week end away and land when we return to canada. I'm not imagining this will be a problem, does anyone have experience of doing something like this?

Thanks
Congrats! it should be all good - landing on the way back after a nice week end, a good way to celebrate! :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
poppy88 said:
so sent application off in october, it was sent back after 3 weeks after i had stupidly forgot to sign a form, we had to change a minor detail and printed it off and forgot to sign, kicking ourselves now.

anyway can i be added to the sheet, application received by missi on 7th november, medicals done oct 1st
when i try to log in, do i use my partners uci, (sponsor) and his details, or my uci and my details, or his uci and my details etc, can;t seem to sign in

thanks for the help

from england, living in vancouver, british passport
Welcome to the thread - and good luck with your application.
you can use either : file number + applicant info (starting with F) or UCI + Sponsor info. If you use the File number + applicant info, you will see both the sponsor and applicant info, if you use the other one, only the sponsor part.
It probably takes a few days for it to really work, so give it a few days, or weeks. There is not much to see on ecas anyway - but of course I understand that you want to be able to log in!
Sweden