+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

katiebates

Oct 24, 2013
regina sask
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
As markstimson said above, send your app now!! It doesn't matter if you are on Implied Status.
Thanks for the responses! My extention came through yesterday so im sending it all off!! wish me luck.... ;D

Sufi2013

Apr 25, 2013
hey there, hope all are well.

Received my COPR on saturday, but just have a small concern.

The COPR has the 2 year condition on it even though my spouse and I have a child together.
is that correct? note that at the time we sent the sponsorship application my wife was expecting, and baby was born Feb. 2013.
Should we not have been given unconditional PR?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Sufi2013 said:
hey there, hope all are well.

Received my COPR on saturday, but just have a small concern.

The COPR has the 2 year condition on it even though my spouse and I have a child together.
is that correct? note that at the time we sent the sponsorship application my wife was expecting, and baby was born Feb. 2013.
Should we not have been given unconditional PR?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
London made the same mistake on mine, even though I have been married for nearly 9 years. Contact London via an urgent case specific enquiry. They will almost certainly want the COPR back to be replaced by a correct one. It will take about a month if mine was anything to go by. I was chasing them a lot... I assume that you did inform CIC about the birth...

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
So I applied to sponsor my husband outland through London in September. He is currently in Canada on his second IEC visa that is set to expire April 17.

Our plan was to just apply for a visitor visa a month before his IEC expired. I am currently in University and have a one week break between winter session ending and spring session beginning. (April 22)

I really want to take my two kids to Disneyland during this week break as I will be in school continuously again until December 2014. My husband would like to come. He has his ESTA (or whatever the letters are) so I am not concerned about him being let into the US. My only concern is him being allowed back into Canada.

If we have the visitor visa in hand before we leave should we be ok? Will that fact that he may still have an application in process hurt his chances of being allowed back in?

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
CDAN said:
Yay!! Decision Made as of today on ECAS!!! :D
Congratulations!!!

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
Becki567 said:
So I applied to sponsor my husband outland through London in September. He is currently in Canada on his second IEC visa that is set to expire April 17.

Our plan was to just apply for a visitor visa a month before his IEC expired. I am currently in University and have a one week break between winter session ending and spring session beginning. (April 22)

I really want to take my two kids to Disneyland during this week break as I will be in school continuously again until December 2014. My husband would like to come. He has his ESTA (or whatever the letters are) so I am not concerned about him being let into the US. My only concern is him being allowed back into Canada.

If we have the visitor visa in hand before we leave should we be ok? Will that fact that he may still have an application in process hurt his chances of being allowed back in?
No - quite the opposite. It is fairly common for people with applications underway to be provided with 1 year visitor visas at the border if they are planning to wait out their decision in Canada with their partners. Just take proof of your application with you. You may be asked to prove you both have enough funds for him to be supported. Given your timescales, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that you will have his PR by then anyways. 6-7 months seems to be the norm currently for straightforward apps.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
markstimson said:
No - quite the opposite. It is fairly common for people with applications underway to be provided with 1 year visitor visas at the border if they are planning to wait out their decision in Canada with their partners. Just take proof of your application with you. You may be asked to prove you both have enough funds for him to be supported. Given your timescales, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that you will have his PR by then anyways. 6-7 months seems to be the norm currently for straightforward apps.
Thank you! Our hope is to the PR but I didn't want to book flights without a reasonable amount of assurance that we should be okay. Otherwise I would just take the children alone and I really didn't want to do that! lol

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
rhoboat said:
Hello all.

Something great came through the post this morning. My COPR!

My wife and I have been waiting close to 2 weeks since things were updated on ECAS. I've been reading the forum and looking for an idea of times between ECAS status being updated and the arrival of the COPR in the post. I've seen suggestions of between a couple of days and a couple of weeks, but I must admit I was starting to get a bit twitchy as we were getting towards 2 weeks.

So I thought I would give a bit more detail on the times of events for my application, just in case it helps somebody else feel less worried while waiting.

Application received in Mississauga2-May-2013
Common-Law (CL) / Married (M)Married
Sponsor Approval23-May
Extra Docs/ Medical Ext Req'd?No
"In Process" dated on ECAS6-Nov-2013
"In Process" appeared on ECAS9-Nov-2013
Decision Made appeared and dated on ECAS11-Nov-2013
Post-mark on COPR22-Nov-2013
COPR arrived and signed for23-Nov-2013

I already had flights booked for the 9th December, so I intend to officially land then. So that puts us at about 7 months since we submitted our application to landing.

Can somebody update the spreadsheet?

And good luck to everybody still waiting, and for those just about to land.
Can someone update the spreadsheet? rhoboat got DM on November 11

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Heppster said:
Can someone update the spreadsheet? rhoboat got DM on November 11
Updated :)

katiebates

Oct 24, 2013
regina sask
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Becki567 said:

If you have a visitor visa you will be fine coming back into Canada. I have left twice and come back and as long as they see the visa alls good.
Dont risk not having it as they can be total arses if they want to be!!

all the best

Needhelpplease

Aug 15, 2012
Quick question about driving license/exchange.

Maybe someone can help - Ive looked/searched but im hoping if someone else can relate to this it would be more specific for me.

I lost my license to the washing machine a few yrs ago and never replaced it - So i dont have a pysical one to hand.
UK will not replace as i have been out of the country for more than 2yrs (been in ireland also for 10yrs previous to 2yrs here in canada).
UK will send me a Certificate thingy that proves ive had a license for 20 odd yrs.

Ive spoken to Canadian license ppl and told them i dont have a physical license - They mentioned the Certificate to be used (hopefully they are correct on this) So i have ordered the Cert - in the post.

Anyone just used a Certificate thingy b4 with no 'physical' license?
Also, im reading stuff that says stuff about 'driving for at least 1-2yrs within the past 3yrs depends on what 'G' license you get.
Ive been here 2.2yrs and not drove as didnt need too.

Anyways, just a shout on the off chance someone may have gone through this previously & could help.
Chooors all again,
Lee.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Needhelpplease said:
Quick question about driving license/exchange.

Maybe someone can help - Ive looked/searched but im hoping if someone else can relate to this it would be more specific for me.

I lost my license to the washing machine a few yrs ago and never replaced it - So i dont have a pysical one to hand.
UK will not replace as i have been out of the country for more than 2yrs (been in ireland also for 10yrs previous to 2yrs here in canada).
UK will send me a Certificate thingy that proves ive had a license for 20 odd yrs.

Ive spoken to Canadian license ppl and told them i dont have a physical license - They mentioned the Certificate to be used (hopefully they are correct on this) So i have ordered the Cert - in the post.

Anyone just used a Certificate thingy b4 with no 'physical' license?
Also, im reading stuff that says stuff about 'driving for at least 1-2yrs within the past 3yrs depends on what 'G' license you get.
Ive been here 2.2yrs and not drove as didnt need too.

Anyways, just a shout on the off chance someone may have gone through this previously & could help.
Chooors all again,
Lee.
My husband didn't have the paper part of his licence so our local registry asked for something from the DVLA. He got it and was given a full licence without a problem, he did have his UK card version though (not that it gives much info on it!)