+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
so-impatient said:
Thanks godisFin, your message reassured me and I hope what you say is true and many many many congrats to you! eep! so exciting.

I am praying so hard that I get mine soon.

Can I who you emailed? or where I can find the contact address? Thanks!
You are welcome! :)
I know people use the online form to send email to them, but I have always just used this direct email: re-london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca and they have always answered!! :) Just remember to put your file number and name in the beginning so they can find your file. :)

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
godisFin said:
Decision made!!!!!!!!!! OMG!! Best day ever!!!! :D

How will I get the COPR? Do they just drop it in my mail box... :)
Happy day!! Congrats. Hope your COPR arrives quickly.

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Thanks Eowyn!

And I'm not sure if there is anyone here who has withdrawn their tourist visa extension application, but I would need an advice on how to do it, or what to write on the withdrawal?

I also understood that they will give me the paid fee back as long as I ask for the withdrawal before they start processing my file. Does this mean that as long as I send the letter to them in the coming weeks I should be fine? The processing times seems quite long at the moment...

I posted this same message in visitor topics but I never get any answers from there so I hope someone here has done it or knows more about how to do it.

Thanks!! :)

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
godisFin were living in canada on a visitior visa?

I plan to do this if I dont get my COPR in the next 6-7 weeks. Any issues at the border?

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
godisFin said:
I think mine would be conditional anyways? We have been married less than a year... but together 5 years...
Pretty similar to my situation. Mine had the "2 years of living together from the day it's activated condition" on it.

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
godisFin said:
Thanks Eowyn!

And I'm not sure if there is anyone here who has withdrawn their tourist visa extension application, but I would need an advice on how to do it, or what to write on the withdrawal?

I also understood that they will give me the paid fee back as long as I ask for the withdrawal before they start processing my file. Does this mean that as long as I send the letter to them in the coming weeks I should be fine? The processing times seems quite long at the moment...

I posted this same message in visitor topics but I never get any answers from there so I hope someone here has done it or knows more about how to do it.

I landed on Saturday but this morning I got an email from them to say my visitor extension had been issued. Didn't get a chance to tell them not to bother with it in the end. Was busy this weekend (obviously) and the email came this morning before I would have even got a chance to try and cancel the visitor visa. Oh well. I don't think it really matters in the end. I might call CIC just to make sure it doesn't give me any hassle down the road.

Gooi

Aug 8, 2013
godisFin said:
Thanks Eowyn!

We withdrew my partner's extension when he went back to England to wait out our application. This is all he wrote in the letter:

Dear Citizenship and Immigration Canada,
I’m writing this letter to withdraw my application for an extension on my stay in Canada. I have already left Canada and returned to England. Can I please have my processing fee refunded to me and mailed to.....?
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

We sent the letter to CPC Vegreville, 6212-55th Avenue, Vegreville, AB T9C 1W5. We got a refund mailed to our Canadian address in about 8 weeks.

Congrats on your DM! :)

noshi11

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
02-02-2013
File Transfer...
02-14-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2013
LANDED..........
30-10-2013
Can someone please update the spreadsheet to show PPR requested 19/08/2013

Siri also got decision made today so if someone wants to update hers as well?

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Gooi said:
We withdrew my partner's extension when he went back to England to wait out our application. This is all he wrote in the letter:

Dear Citizenship and Immigration Canada,
I'm writing this letter to withdraw my application for an extension on my stay in Canada. I have already left Canada and returned to England. Can I please have my processing fee refunded to me and mailed to.....?
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

We sent the letter to CPC Vegreville, 6212-55th Avenue, Vegreville, AB T9C 1W5. We got a refund mailed to our Canadian address in about 8 weeks.

Congrats on your DM! :)
Thank you for this!!! :)

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
so-impatient said:
godisFin were living in canada on a visitior visa?

I plan to do this if I dont get my COPR in the next 6-7 weeks. Any issues at the border?
Yes, I came here on March when my husband was accepted as a sponsor.

I was honest at the border and I told them I was coming here to wait for my PR application to go through. I had return flight and I told them I won't be using it, but that I would buy another ticket if I needed to. They put me to the secondary interview and I just gave the person prove of funds and told that my hubby would be paying most of the stuff while I'm here. Then he wrote V 1 sep 2013 on the stamp and that was it. :)

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
orly said:
I landed on Saturday but this morning I got an email from them to say my visitor extension had been issued. Didn't get a chance to tell them not to bother with it in the end. Was busy this weekend (obviously) and the email came this morning before I would have even got a chance to try and cancel the visitor visa. Oh well. I don't think it really matters in the end. I might call CIC just to make sure it doesn't give me any hassle down the road.
When did you apply for the extension? I'm just wondering how long it takes for them to start processing it... I know it's only $75, so it doesn't really be the end of the world if I don't get it back. :)

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Haven't been on in a while as taking some last European holidays while I still can. Nice to see all the good news around decisions etc. and ~I hope the outstanding ones get sorted soon.

I wonder if anyone has experience of bringing a cat over? It all seems so remarkably straightforward that I find myself sceptical.

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
I got this reply from the London office this morning from a question I asked yesterday:

"Thank you for your recent e-mail.

Please be advised that the initial review has been completed and the application is now awaiting review by an immigration officer.

I hope this information is of assistance.

Yours sincerely"

Does anyone know what sort of time frame is involved for after an 'initial review'?

At least I know they have the application now!

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Thanks godisfin

I think I am going to give myself some sort of illness with all the anxiety :(

I have emailed them, lets see if they reply!

I hope they do and its will good news.

Good luck to everyone waiting, eeep!

noshi11

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
02-02-2013
File Transfer...
02-14-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2013
LANDED..........
30-10-2013
ghunter said:
I got this reply from the London office this morning from a question I asked yesterday:

"Thank you for your recent e-mail.

Please be advised that the initial review has been completed and the application is now awaiting review by an immigration officer.

I hope this information is of assistance.

Yours sincerely"

Does anyone know what sort of time frame is involved for after an 'initial review'?

At least I know they have the application now!
I got that exact same email!! I got that email in July and my husband got his passport request yesterday. You should be almost done. :D